New Runs this season?

Finndog

Now there is a potential Mountain statistic to look at that would help sove the dbate about crowds.

Simply divide the acreage in the uphill hourly capacity and divide that by 10 (6 minutes average per down hill run) the higher the "number" the more likely it will be crowded.

6 minutes for an average down hill run? Rob, if you took out the 5.5 minute of smoking....Then you would be down to .5 minutes a run.... <_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes for an average down hill run? Rob, if you took out the 5.5 minute of smoking....Then you would be down to .5 minutes a run.... <_<

Early morning skiing at Blue doing laps on razors edge yield a 4.5 minute lift ride up, with a 2 minute trip back to the lift from the top. Yea rob does need to cut the smoking out of the run :nana

Now there is a potential Mountain statistic to look at that would help sove the dbate about crowds.

Simply divide the acreage in the uphill hourly capacity and divide that by 10 (6 minutes average per down hill run) the higher the "number" the more likely it will be crowded.

Maybe Pops got that number from Belleayre. Their lift up takes 6 minutes, to midway, with minimum 7 1/2 minute laps. The Sulli at CB only takes 3 minutes when it's on full speed - but you have to add in the lift lines.

Think's absolutely right...the faster the lifts, the more crowded the slopes. In CB's 'olden days', 50 school buses would pull in at 4pm and we'd line up in a corral that looked like some crazy rat maze. Lift lines would be 30 or 40 minutes, then you'd creep up the mountain at half the current speed. The upside was that everyone was always in the lift line or on the lift, so the slopes were relatively empty on the busiest nights.

Atomic you ski Razors top to bottom...getting off the lift to getting on in 2 minutes flat??? I find that hard to believe. I'll have to bring a stopwatch. The lift ride is 4.5 minutes if it's at top speed ( which it never is) and doesn't stop.

yea he can make it down razors in 2 minutes no problem.

In regards to replacing the Challenge chair, I've always thought the best option would be a quad, so as to have two of them running out of the base. They would be able to move hundreds more skiers per hour with that setup than what they currently have allows them. A gondola setup like MC has I wouldn't really see working, because all of the beginners would be dropping their sh*t all over the place, my idea of a good time isn't having a ski or board dropped on me as I ski under the lift. Also, you would have all those knuckleheads trying to put all their stuff on at the top, and no one would move far enough away. Then at the bottom people would be falling over themselves because its their first time and now they have to walk onto a moving platform carrying 20 pounds of gear. So thats why I think the gondola or cabrio would be outa the question at Blue. Over on the main street/burma side of things, I think the best way to go there is to keep two seperate chairs, because on Burma you have mainly beginners, and Main street you have mainly Intermediates and above. who knows though. Blue could be bought out by next season and then stuff could really start happening.

If you can't make it down challenge or razors in 2 minutes chances are you shouldn't be on it. Just playin, I know not everyone recognizes straightlining as a style of skiing or riding.

Then at the bottom people would be falling over themselves because its their first time and now they have to walk onto a moving platform carrying 20 pounds of gear. So thats why I think the gondola or cabrio would be outa the question at Blue.

My first time dealing with a gondola (stowe) i didn't see to have any trouble at all. With the lines, you have plenty of time to watch people in front of you get on and learn from it. However, the first time i was on a high speed lift, i almost shat myself thinking i would have unload going that fast <_< . Stupid noob haha.

• 11 months later...
I was wondering if anybody knows why Blue is putting off opening more terrain? The new trail has been cut since 2004.. :confused

Havnt we had this argument many times before? I pretty sure it has to do with permits and such. Rob should chime in on this one.

Not so much that , but in recent years, all of the money has been invested in other areas. Like the park, for example, plus other improvements (lift, lodge)