JFBB on weekends with little kids

The season passes for next year at jfbb are on sale now. As most of you know we have been at Eagle Rock for the last 5 years. We love the uncrowded slopes and easy parking next to the lodge. It would be nice to only be 5 min. from BB and 10min. from JF. I know the parking at JF is a nightmare, but we are close enough to have the girls suited up at the house and drop them off with their stuff. I have not been there on a weekend in over 5 years. Is it crazy (dangerously) crowded on weekends or would it be safe for my girls 8, 6 and 3 next season?

The season passes for next year at jfbb are on sale now. As most of you know we have been at Eagle Rock for the last 5 years. We love the uncrowded slopes and easy parking next to the lodge. It would be nice to only be 5 min. from BB and 10min. from JF. I know the parking at JF is a nightmare, but we are close enough to have the girls suited up at the house and drop them off with their stuff. I have not been there on a weekend in over 5 years. Is it crazy (dangerously) crowded on weekends or would it be safe for my girls 8, 6 and 3 next season?

Haven't been to frost in 2 years but from what I remember it really depends on the weekend. Some weekends are crazy busy (holidays, WMMR day, etc) but normal weekends don't seem to be too bad. Any frost natives feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I've always found parking at Jack Frost to be good.

If you get there at opening it's good. My crew is lucky to be on the hill by 10. By 10 you are like a mile away because of the poor layout of the lot. I wish they would just get rid of all the trees in the lot and have one big wide open parking area like every other PA mountain.

I've been skiing JF with my 6 and 8 yo girls this season (mostly weekends and holidays) and it's been great. Other then on the beginner slopes, we've rarely seen lift lines longer then a couple of minutes (fingers crossed for this weekend...). The lodge is usually a madhouse from 11:00-1:00, but I guess it's like that in most places.

We are also looking at next years season passes, and the jr. development program. Does anyone have any experience with that program at JF?

Take advantage of the circle for drop off, and even getting your lift ticket. if the ticket window at the circle is jammed, walk inside and go to guest services. guest services rarely has a line. if there is a line there, keep walking through the building to the entrance by rentals, there are ticket windows outside there that get little use. Getting to any mountain at opening definetly has its advantages, but i can understand the difficulty getting a group, or kids to the mountain before 10 am. periodically i ski with my neighbors kids, and its definetly starting to sink in with them about getting there early. After several 10-11 am arrivals on Pres weekend, they saw the benefit. The first time they got there early, one of them said "what are all the grooves on the snow"?

Another parking option is the lots closer to powder puff and frosty, any normal weekend that can be a great option for basically slopeside parking. Nice for a quick lunch, if you pack, or just to have a beer.

This weekend will be crowded, but i think you would find the lift lines to be less than Blue or Camelback.

Thanks for the tips Dan. The thought of having a season pass, but still having to wait in line to get a ticket is annoying. I'm debating getting the VIP, but not sure if it's worth it for the extra $500 for the family. I never knew about those other ticket windows. Last time I had a season pass to JFBB you didn't have to pay extra to skip the ticket window and they had a lot for season pass holders only.

Another question. Does anyone know the cost of a season pass for a 3 year old. They don't mention it on their site, except for the VIP for $150 and the woman I spoke to on the phone couldn't give me an answer either.

I could never justify the extra money for the vip pass. It is a pain but we always had to go in the lodge and drop off our lunch bags in the race room anyway. Getting there at 10 is tough. We usually got ere at 8 and by 10:30 i was done because it started to get crowded, but i guess the crowds aren't that bad, I was just spoiled. I would consider getting the 2 older kids in the race program and then you can spend the day with the 3 year old. The race program is great and they progress very quickly. My son was just snowplowing all the time and after a few weeks in th,e program he stopped doing that. They also have "fun" races on sundays and the kids win medals. It really builds their confidence. My son has all his medals hanging in his room, he's very proud of them.

Overall I would definitely recommend jfbb for you. They did used to advertise the vip parking lot for a price, can't remember how much it is. But is you put yhe older ones in race program you have to be there by 8:30 anyway and that solves your parking problem. Good luck with your decision

By 10 damn step it up I thought little kids wake up early. :-)

They are up by 7. Getting them away from their toys, fed and dressed takes a couple hours. This season I wasn't motivated to get to Eagle Rock early . If we are at JF next year I'll be there at opening with or without them.