Airboarding

phillycore

Does Montage plan on allowing these sleds on the slopes or will they have designated areas kind of like everywhere does with tubing?

While I think that being able to sled on the slopes would kick ass as an airboarder, it would suck as a skier or boarder having sleds buzzing around at boot level.

• Like 1

. Definitely agree with you but from a financial standpoint they're probably making the right decision being as they're the only mountain that would offer it for the time being

I don't think they will make a dime off it this. Only if they kept it on their tubing hill. It looks dumb and should be kept in peoples back yards. I would be pissed if I was skiing and these tubes were all over the place.

They have a pretty cool set up in the conference room of the lodge now with these airboards lined up against the glass wall, and a video of guys using them playing on the back wall. Is it dumb? yeah, but if it makes them a few bucks with next to no investment then who cares. My guess is that whenever there is going to be some extreme and totally wicked air boarding, ski patrol will close off one of the beginner trails for a few minutes to accommodate the most extreme preteens in all of central jersey. For the rest of the time, we won't even notice it.

The long and short of it to me is that it's a lot better than a mountain coaster.

Edited by Schif

From the website:

Montage Mountain is the only resort in PA (and 1 of 7 in the country) to offer the air boarding experience! An Airboard is an inflatable sled that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, allowing for a fast, fun ride down the mountain!

Airboarding is offered on Sundays and Tuesdays from 4pm-9pm, on 3 designated trails (Easy Street, Mainline, and Highball.) First time air boarders must complete the skills seminar during their first session.

Your airboarding package includes a lift ticket and airboard equipment rental (airboard, knee pads, and helmet). We recommend riders to wear goggles and waterproof gear to make your experience comfortable and fun!