Smuggs is VT. Powder Strong

moe ghoul

Killer conditions day 6 up here. Spent Wed morning climbing up too short ladder to get up on my roof and unload over a foot of old pre existing deep crust and cream cheese for 5 hours, then storm skied 4 runs in the afternoon. Loving the longer days now. Wed/Thurs storm delivered well over 2 ft of pristine pow so cleaning the roof off was a good move. No idea how much weight the roof can tolerate, but you only need one weak spot to find out. My han, arms and shoulders are still stiff from doing that. THursday it kept snowing, mountain was super busy, Madonna was delayed opening and when it began loading it was every 3rd chair. We were about soth chair up. First run down was Upper FIS to Dempsey's, knee deep the whole way down. Got more snow Friday nite with another 6-8" down.

Extending my stay until at least Friday, anyone on the fence about skiing NVT this weekend, do it!

Took zero pix, its THAT good.

Happy St PAts day!

• Like 5

sweet....i hope it keeps on crankin' thru next week. we're headed up to sunday river next weekend.

The River got a foot of manky base building snow yesterday while the northern greens got about a foot of upslope which is usually significantly dryer. That being said, looks like warmer temps (upper 30s) don't arrive for another week up there. Should be riding well into April right now.

The upslope machine cranking? Storm on Sunday? Things are getting real good up there.

YEah, Jay was in the sweet spot with at least 15-20" of sweet pow today, got a free lift tix and skied with a mag friend of mine. All time awesome day. Bottomless and deep. Tram was closed so the upper mountain was up for grabs and the refills kept coming for those willing to hike.

Moe Ghoul back when you were in your 30s and got married did you ski alot?

I can't remember anything that far back. Yeah, I skied. 3 years in Harrisburg while in law school had me skiing Roundtop and Liberty with the occasional trip to New England. Then it was season pass at SCamelback and season rentals in Pocono Pines with the occasional trip north or west.

This is funny on so many different levels

Yeah, well get this: Told her yesterday I'd prolly head home this afternoon due to snow and road conditions (True). Skied Jay from 7 - 2. Got in the car and my phone battery was dead. Didn't revive until I got back near the house. Called her from the car and said I was in Essex Junction on my way home (lie). Got back to the house, pretty much got everything packed into the car, then got in the car and facetimed her. Told her when I went to get gas in Essex Junction I couldn't find my wallet and had to go back to the house because I left it in my ski jacket(lie). Facetime showed her that I was in the car, packed and the dog was in the back. It's 4:10PM. Told her I was ready to leave and wouldn't be home until midnite. She felt bad and told me to stay another nite. Bonus dawn patrol tomorrow morning and then I'll head back. Moral of the story, sometimes a few harmless fibs gets you another pow day.

The End.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Full on hero snow top to bottom today, sunny and warm, saw some retro gear, onesies and a few youngsters hotdoggin the sterling liftline. Upper lot was full on BBQ and beers. It's what Blue could have been if they were open today, just not as good, lulz.

• Like 4

Got back yesterday, skied a few runs in the morning, things had softened up by 10, then hit the road around noon. Smuggs closing day is 4/20, check out this dood's license plate.post-2366-0-33312500-1396542734_thumb.jpg

Glorious hero and goggletanning daypost-2366-0-82399700-1396542886_thumb.jpg

Picture of the monlithic ice boner down the road from my house. They run a sprayer on it all winter and this is the end result. Wold be kinda cool to carve a storage room into the bottom of it and keep beer and stuff in it. Not quite sure why they do it, but I will find out.post-2366-0-18982600-1396543204_thumb.jpg

Lunch for me and the dog under $5 off Mickey dollar menu. Cheddar fried onion burgers with ketchup are pretty good.post-2366-0-50919300-1396543038_thumb.jpg

Gonna try to get back EOMish.

• Like 2