pocono ski and ride card

Ski2Live Live2Ski

If you join Princeton Ski Club you can purchase any number of Pocono Ski and Ride Cards for $ 55 each. Each card gets you a day of skiing after Jan 5 at each of the following: blue, camelback, jf/BB, Shawnee, Alpine, Big Bear. Checks must be received by nov 20.

Tough deal to beat even if you only ski a couple of these places. I ordered two cards and plan to use each at 4 of the Mts (blue, cbk and jf for me, shawnee with kids - who ski free there), so I will get 8 ski days for me 140 including the dues (and that is not even considering kids skiing free with me at Shawnee). 17.50/day is less than gas.

This deal is not on their site but if folks are interested I can tell you who to contact about it (or you could just reach out to club directly)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Another perk: if you join this ski club (or pretty much any ski club) you are also eligible to purchase a $30 Windham Ski Club Card (google it for details) which if you order by 12/1 includes a free Windham lift ticket, as well as getting you discounts on other tickets.

I probably wouldn't do it if I was a passholder at Blue or Camelback. I don't get to ski enough to warrant a pass, I like to rotate what mt I ski at, and I can get to the pokes a lot more often than I can get to the skills, so two of these cards is just right for me.

I'm also getting the Hunter big lift card and the Windham ski club card which give me lift tix and discounts to both of those. And got a $50 mountain sports club card which gave me another 2 tix to Shawnee (where I ski with my kids, who ski free under 46").

With all these deals I am now paid up for 12 days of skiing (and 4 days with 2 kids also skiing) for an average of $24/day, even not using the Alpine and Big Bear tix on this card (though I might wind up going to one of these wit the kids). 

Between that I'm pretty much covered. Will also throw in some mornings at Montage, some extra days at Hunter and Windham, and could perhaps hit Elk/Belleayre/Plattekill/Gore at some point in the season - most likely before this card kicks in Jan 6. 

Got the kids seasonal rentals, got my skis tuned, now all I need is some snow.

How do the ski areas make any money with these deals? I guess they figure alot of the passes go unused.

Ski2Live u gotta meet up with some PASRs this season.

Definitely hope to meet some of you folks. How do you generally meet up?

I'm pretty much a weekend skier who gets out one day almost every winter weekend and maybe some extra times on holiday weekends and between Xmas and NYear.

I expect the ski areas don't really make any revenue directly from these cards, but it's pretty under the radar so it doesn't cut much into real sales, and the marginal cost of an extra skiier on the mountain is zilch (or less, because most spend some money there).

I'd say the main incentive for ski areas to do these deals are:

1. Expose new people to their hills (lots of folks would have only been to Blue and Camelback of these 6 - perhaps they get the revenue and the others signed on for free to get exposure)

2. Make $ on food/drink/rentals/lessons

Here is how you order (reminder, you also must become a member of the Princeton Ski Club)

Mail order form below with stamped self-addressed envelope and check, payable to Princeton Ski Club, before Thursday, November 20, to:

George Koscs

118 Rose Street

Metuchen, NJ  08840

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NJSSC Pocono Card Order Form

Name:  ______________________________________________________________

Address:  ____________________________________________________________

Email:  _________________________________   Telephone:  __________________

Enclosed:   $_______ for _____ Pocono Cards @ $55 each.

Mail completed form; stamped, self-addressed envelope; and check, payable to Princeton Ski Club, 

to:             George Koscs

118 Rose Street

Metuchen, NJ  08840

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski