BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

Understood guys, thanks for the helpful info.  We can go ham with the shovels sometimes and mellow out wicked bumps in the lips but you're right Kyle, as far as spacing goes from lip to landing and total size of the lip there's only so much you can do with a rake and shovel.  I heard something about another build last night so we will see if anything gets fixed up with those jumps.  I'll shoot a word over to the groomer though and give him your two cents.  Thanks guys.  It's a work in progress this year for sure.

Don't hold back, all insight is helpful.

Yea Doug, the yurt was pretty much for storing tool and such, and drying out our stuff in between rake runs.  You'd be surprised how much you sweat in 10 degree temps when shoveling manmade concrete snow.  And that beside how soaked you get on rain nights or working under a snowgun that's on.

Understood guys, thanks for the helpful info. We can go ham with the shovels sometimes and mellow out wicked bumps in the lips but you're right Kyle, as far as spacing goes from lip to landing and total size of the lip there's only so much you can do with a rake and shovel. I heard something about another build last night so we will see if anything gets fixed up with those jumps. I'll shoot a word over to the groomer though and give him your two cents. Thanks guys. It's a work in progress this year for sure.

Don't hold back, all insight is helpful.

Yea Doug, the yurt was pretty much for storing tool and such, and drying out our stuff in between rake runs. You'd be surprised how much you sweat in 10 degree temps when shoveling manmade concrete snow. And that beside how soaked you get on rain nights or working under a snowgun that's on.

A nice 40 foot step over would be nice to see this year.

Just to clarify, cause we all know in the world of action sports there is often some discussion about terms, you mean a jump with the top of the lip roughly the same level as the knuckle correct? Step over, as opposed to step up or down?

Correct. The lip of the knuckle would be level to the lip of the jump. I'll try to find a picture to upload.

Btw, I didn't mean that for the next build, they require a good amount of snow.

Much like this one you had last year. post-556-0-99954100-1421090310_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

The BC billboard on route 22 westbound between 15th street and cedar crest BLVD is cool there's a chairlift and it says only 15 minutes. Yeah if you are going 80mph with no traffic lights or other cars n

I think they meant that the lift ride on a 500 foot hill is only 15 minutes.  The neat thing about Bear is that no matter where you are on the mountain, you are always close to the bottom.

• Like 1

Same thing with Blue...it's why the bottom lot is ideal...easy exit!!!

I like the bottom for sex and the top for Blue.  If I ever park at the bottom it's because I want to meet up with the PASR's.  They way I come, it would be a longer uphill drive home.  In cold temps I'd push the car harder than I want before the engine warms up getting up that hill.  Letting it idle for 10-15 mins is bad for my DI engine and causes excessive carbon buildup in the intake valves.  At the top, I can just start up and gently push her out the exit and the engine will be warm by the time I'm down Blue Mt Drive.  Plus, I don't have to wait for a lift ride when I arrive.  I can just start skiing right away.

I like the bottom for sex and the top for Blue.  If I ever park at the bottom it's because I want to meet up with the PASR's.  They way I come, it would be a longer uphill drive home.  In cold temps I'd push the car harder than I want before the engine warms up getting up that hill.  Letting it idle for 10-15 mins is bad for my DI engine and causes excessive carbon buildup in the intake valves.  At the top, I can just start up and gently push her out the exit and the engine will be warm by the time I'm down Blue Mt Drive.  Plus, I don't have to wait for a lift ride when I arrive.  I can just start skiing right away.

Wow your car sounds high maintanance. Matt edge likes to park at the top so he can start with his signature run...vista to chute.

I like the bottom for sex and the top for Blue. If I ever park at the bottom it's because I want to meet up with the PASR's. They way I come, it would be a longer uphill drive home. In cold temps I'd push the car harder than I want before the engine warms up getting up that hill. Letting it idle for 10-15 mins is bad for my DI engine and causes excessive carbon buildup in the intake valves. At the top, I can just start up and gently push her out the exit and the engine will be warm by the time I'm down Blue Mt Drive. Plus, I don't have to wait for a lift ride when I arrive. I can just start skiing right away.

what the heck is goin on under the hood of your car that that's even a consideration?

what the heck is goin on under the hood of your car that that's even a consideration?

I run a catch can in the summer to help minimize carbon buildup. The oil catch can is used prevent oil vapors entering the intake manifold and clogging up the intake valves on direct-injection motors. Oil deposits on intake manifold and valves cause reduced performance, bad fuel mileage and could damage the fragile intake “flaps” and motor. This is an issue with all direct injected engines and is a $600 job to have done in my case. I don't run a catch can in the winter because of the horrifying thought that it will fill up and the lines will freeze and strand me in VT while on a ski trip, so I minimize the potential for carbon buildup by practicing good driving habits whenever possible.

I'm in tonight so I'll try and get some answers on that and report back tomorrow.  Sounds good Kyle, I guess that means they have been blowing a bit this week, always glad to hear that.  Any improvement on those jumps???  I talked to our park groomer about it and he said he mellowed out the landings a bit.  The lips can change day to day depending on how the groomer hits em at night and what we do with em in the morning, I'd like to think they are not still bucking people.

I only work thursday and saturday now cause I dropped wednesday to get in a 3rd pool league closer to home, so I'm kind of out of the loop as to what is happening every single day up there.  I'll give updates and take concerns and criticism as often as I can though.

• Like 1

I'm in tonight so I'll try and get some answers on that and report back tomorrow. Sounds good Kyle, I guess that means they have been blowing a bit this week, always glad to hear that. Any improvement on those jumps??? I talked to our park groomer about it and he said he mellowed out the landings a bit. The lips can change day to day depending on how the groomer hits em at night and what we do with em in the morning, I'd like to think they are not still bucking people.

I only work thursday and saturday now cause I dropped wednesday to get in a 3rd pool league closer to home, so I'm kind of out of the loop as to what is happening every single day up there. I'll give updates and take concerns and criticism as often as I can though.

Yes the jumps were mellowed out.

The bottom of the down flat down is literally in the snow, candy cane is super low, s rail is super low,etc etc. Looks like they've been blasting the mountain every night.

I will say this though, park crew has been out digging out features, raking, etc alot more this year than in past years so hats off to you guys on that.

Edited by Kyle

Yea, seriously......it's the pondwater smell.  I can hardly stand even sitting in our new operations hut to eat and warm up.  But seriously, The whole crew is returning employees except for maybe 2 of us and most of us have been on for quite a few years.  All of us enjoy riding the park so there is a pretty decent amount of pride and good intention toward making our park as proper and fun as possible.  Basically every build and set up this year is gonna be thought up and layed out by us diggers and our park groomer is also a dedicated BC skier and previous digger as well.  Also there is talk of our old head veteran park groomer coming back and I can tell ya first hand that that guy knows exactly what he's doing in a machine and is probably the best park groomer BC has ever had hands down.  It's gonna be a good year for sure.  I'll do my best to keep you guys posted on here and put in your concerns and 2 cents as much as I can.

Only thing you won't get from me is the sweet pics Tomcat used to put up last year in his updates as I can't have nice things and still use a flip phone to this day haha.  I'll try and pass the word for someone to update the Parks at BC Facebook a little more regularly and I think our groomer is posting pics every now and again to an instagram account so I'll try and get a name for that or a link or something.

• Like 1