BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

Sounds like some of cascade got a makeover last night, not sure what went in but it was switched up a little and the rest of cascade will be worked over tonight.  Black bear is the same for now and tonight some rails down the bottom will be pulled to make room for the rail jam set up.  Thursday night will see the set up for the jam built on lower black bear and it will not be open to hit friday so we can save it and make it pretty for the jam on saturday.  After the jam it will be open to anyone riding black bear until we switch up BB again in the near future.   

Hope that helps guys.   Enjoy and stay warm out there.

Sounds like some of cascade got a makeover last night, not sure what went in but it was switched up a little and the rest of cascade will be worked over tonight. Black bear is the same for now and tonight some rails down the bottom will be pulled to make room for the rail jam set up. Thursday night will see the set up for the jam built on lower black bear and it will not be open to hit friday so we can save it and make it pretty for the jam on saturday. After the jam it will be open to anyone riding black bear until we switch up BB again in the near future.

Hope that helps guys. Enjoy and stay warm out there.

Switching the jam from lower cascade to lower black bear?

yup. more room and workable snow. Then when it's over people won't have to deviate from Black Bear if they wanna hit the contest setup at the end of their run.

Not a bad idea, it's gonna suck friday Night though with that section being closed.

That's kinda like the kids that get upset when we are raking a lip and get pissed cause they can't hit that feature for one run.  It is what it is, it's one night that we will have new features at the bottom of BB that will be closed off.  I'm sure they will leave a way around so you can still ride the top of BB.  Then after the comp saturday all will be back to normal.  We can't have people hitting the jam setup the day before and it would be cutting it close to make it all friday night.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the upside you should have a brand spanking new cascade to ride Friday night.  So there's that.

• Like 1

That's kinda like the kids that get upset when we are raking a lip and get pissed cause they can't hit that feature for one run. It is what it is, it's one night that we will have new features at the bottom of BB that will be closed off. I'm sure they will leave a way around so you can still ride the top of BB. Then after the comp saturday all will be back to normal. We can't have people hitting the jam setup the day before and it would be cutting it close to make it all friday night. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the upside you should have a brand spanking new cascade to ride Friday night. So there's that.

I wasn't complaining, just jamming the friday night crowd down lower cascade/half of lower blackbear is going to be dicey as half those people wouldn't know what in control was if it smacked them in the face, but you also don't want to create twice the work since before and after those features for the comp will get blown out by Tom dick and Harry "airing" off the lip and thus eating shit.

Anyway, cascade was like half built last night. It's a fun setup, BUT it was built for snowboarders imo. Superman box is back out.

It'd be nice to see the 40 foot rail in blackbear setup as a flat rail like it was last year, or even slightly up.

Edited by Kyle

I'm just confused as to how he thought the snow was sketchy at best? I was there from 11am to 3 and then 6 to 9 and it was fantastic. Yes, it got a little hard and crunchy in some spots as night but it was not bad at all.

It was probably great during the day, I was there from 7 till close.  Sketchy was probably a bit of an overstatement.  Crusty hard snow and icy, scraped off landings on some features.  Good snow for just riding or going fast.

Still had fun and this is by far one of the best setups BC has had in a long time though.  Should be great this weekend.

Edited by burton71

It was probably great during the day, I was there from 7 till close. Sketchy was probably a bit of an overstatement. Crusty hard snow and icy, scraped off landings on some features. Good snow for just riding or going fast.

Still had fun and this is by far one of the best setups BC has had in a long time though. Should be great this weekend.

You have to expect that on a day where it's bluebird during the day, then gets down in the single digits at night. I didn't think it was too bad at night, a few of the more popular features were scrapped off but other than that there was plenty of good snow to be had.

You have to expect that on a day where it's bluebird during the day, then gets down in the single digits at night. I didn't think it was too bad at night, a few of the more popular features were scrapped off but other than that there was plenty of good snow to be had.

Oh yeah I definitely expected the conditions to be what they were given the temps and wind...I was actually expecting them to be worse.

Rail jam is gonna be pretty awesome I must say.  I'm kinda pissed I can't stay and watch as I'll be working the morning but heading to the real job to get some overtime money while the jam is actually happening.  Hope someone gets it on film.  One word......Closeout.

Also, if anyone on here knows a Gregory Strisovsky, I found his season pass on the hill after hours last night.  It will be in guest services come saturday morning. Maybe it fell off as it was weighed down by the past 3 years of season passes he also had jammed into the rubber case haha.

Please be patient with us about black bear til we get to rework it after the jam.  Some stuff came out.

Rode tonight from 5 till close. Snow stayed pretty nice. Setup was real fun. I'm all for leaving the comp setup there, it's just a little close together which is understandable, but you can make some good lines out of it. First Jump in cascade was nice. Haven't hit the second jump in black bear yet as I'm not that comfortable on skis yet since it's kind of a big one.

What's the plan for lower cascade? It hasn't really been utilized at all this year.