BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

Rode open till 2 yesterday. Ā  Snow was great. Ā 2 jumps and big hip on BB are awesome and flow perfectly. Ā Bottom of BB was fun with the small hip and plenty options from the rail jam. Ā The pole jam to flat down bar was super smooth. Ā Top jump in Cascade was really good but the 5 jump line on the side needs a bit of work but the rail options were hitting nice. Ā The tank to big box was crazy sticky in the morning but got better as the day went on. Ā Crowds weren't bad at all which was nice.

Edited by burton71

Lower cascade as in right next to tubing??? Ā Not sure, typically its just where we put some small jumps.

Ā 

What would YOU like to see there??? Ā It's kind of skinny, I think that's why they don't usually put rails there. Ā I could suggest anything you wanna see, Ā we are kind of all about trying things this year that we haven't typically done in the past years. Ā I haven't been up since saturday and most of that was setting up for the jam so honestly I'm not super familiar with whats out there right now.

Lower cascade as in right next to tubing??? Not sure, typically its just where we put some small jumps.

Ā 

What would YOU like to see there??? It's kind of skinny, I think that's why they don't usually put rails there. I could suggest anything you wanna see, we are kind of all about trying things this year that we haven't typically done in the past years. I haven't been up since saturday and most of that was setting up for the jam so honestly I'm not super familiar with whats out there right now.

Setup is all the same. I'm not sure what I would like to see in lower cascade, I just hate seeing it not being utilized. I think if you threw a few small jumps in there with a double option that would be pretty cool.

Yesterday was surprisingly good despite the cold and the wind. Ā It was empty until about noon. Ā Snow was fantastic. Ā Jump line is Cascade is much, much better now. Ā Rails were a bit sticky because of the cold but got better as the day went on. Ā Wind pretty much ruled out the 2nd and 3rd jumps in Black Bear...they were do able but it was gusting pretty hard right up the landings. Ā Boarder cross berms on the tubing line was a ton of fun. Ā Great use of that space. Ā Park crew has really stepped it up this year.

• Like 1

Easy with that BC Ironworks stuff Doug, that name no longer goes with our parks. Ā Don't ask me, I don't know enough nor do I wanna get into it.

Ā 

Great to see everyone enjoying the parks so much, we really have been trying to kick butt this year and it has been paying off. Ā We've heard nothing but good things on the hill and over the internets. Ā Thanks guys.

• Like 2

I agree, I still have my park crew BC Ironworks branded jacket, that is easily the warmest jacket I've ever owned(and has the most pockets). Ā It's some kind of oakley, killer deal on it buying through the mountain as a uniform.

Ā 

Had to buy a new one this year and it's a lame north face shell that doesn't even have any kind of name or logo on it. Ā Whatever, I do what I'm told.

Setup was pretty fun last night. I like the utilization of lower cascade (next to tubing). the 40 foot tube off the Lego block is sketchy. It moves when you're on it. Imo I would have rather seen that rail used elsewhere.

Ā 

Paskiingsucks, know if anything going to be switched up at all? It would be cool to put a long flat rail in on the cross s between cascade and BB under A chair like they had a few seasons ago.

We always struggle with what to put on that crossover. Ā I'll see what the guys think about some kind of long rail feature in there. Ā Not sure anything is going to be switched up any time soon. Ā Probably not for at least a week or so I'd say, most of the park is fairly new stuff from about a week ago at most. Ā I will definitely let you know if I hear anything thursday or this weekend. Ā Probably get one more build in before we start dreaming up crazy stuff for closing day park madness. Ā I'd imagine we still plan to close mid march like usual. Ā We will see what the temps do in the next month or so and I'm not sure if or what's going on with the snowmobile races this year. I'll try to get some info on that stuff.

We always struggle with what to put on that crossover. I'll see what the guys think about some kind of long rail feature in there. Not sure anything is going to be switched up any time soon. Probably not for at least a week or so I'd say, most of the park is fairly new stuff from about a week ago at most. I will definitely let you know if I hear anything thursday or this weekend. Probably get one more build in before we start dreaming up crazy stuff for closing day park madness. I'd imagine we still plan to close mid march like usual. We will see what the temps do in the next month or so and I'm not sure if or what's going on with the snowmobile races this year. I'll try to get some info on that stuff.

I was talking more about the rail jam stuff getting switched up. overall everything's real fun right now Though. A few things seem like a waste but there's ways around them.