hydro pack algae

zaldon

take the pack out, put water in it, close it and shake it, then use clorox with water in it, then dump it out, put it out in the sun or a really really really dry spot, or by a dehumidifier then when you think it's all dried out put paper towels in it until you plan on using it

take the pack out, put water in it, close it and shake it, then use clorox with water in it, then dump it out, put it out in the sun or a really really really dry spot, or by a dehumidifier then when you think it's all dried out put paper towels in it until you plan on using it

33244[/snapback]

so have you tried this befor or are you just trying to kill me :blink:

update on algae growth

i have been soaking my hydro pack in Dawn soap since i stared this thread and it has at least doubled the amount of algae in the pack :confused:confused:confused I have also scrubbed it with a sponge and still the algae remains. so following the advise of my mother i am now soaking it in vinegar.

I think that the bleach should be fine, naturally go in there and wipe it good before even putting the bleach in -- you may need to use a bottle brush inside some paper towels to get in there. Then, as racerchick says, rinse rinse rinse. And always, in the future, empty all liquid out and stuff it with paper towels promptly after each use. By the way, I NEVER put anything other than water in mine. It's the other stuff that usually produces algae.

It's the other stuff that usually produces algae.

33672[/snapback]

Mine got algae (actually he might be talking about cleaning mine :o) and I only ever used water. It won't allow for backwash either. It was filtered water as well. So I don't think I'm buying your claim.

Although... leaving the water in the pack for 8+ weeks... probobly not the best idea. :no

Mine got algae (actually he might be talking about cleaning mine :o) and I only ever used water. It won't allow for backwash either. It was filtered water as well. So I don't think I'm buying your claim.

Although... leaving the water in the pack for 8+ weeks... probobly not the best idea.  :no

33680[/snapback]

no im talking about mine

I think that the bleach should be fine, naturally go in there and wipe it good before even putting the bleach in -- you may need to use a bottle brush inside some paper towels to get in there.  Then, as racerchick says, rinse rinse rinse.  And always, in the future, empty all liquid out and stuff it with paper towels promptly after each use.  By the way, I NEVER put anything other than water in mine.  It's the other stuff that usually produces algae.

33672[/snapback]

ive only put water in mine but once i ran out of water so i filled it with stream water, but i was able to kill that algae.

my old hydro pack never had algae problems, and i would let water sit in that for weeks.