12/27/19..oh say can you see or ski

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was in the 40s with overcast with fog on the upper mountain.  In the house were JFDan, Toast, BenM, MBike Mike, Indiggio, Keith, Dana and many more. 

First run was challenge which had poor grooming was a little rolly polly..Main Street was the same and dog on the upper 1/3 made visibility difficult. Toast said NMDW was good so skied that and that was the run of the day..a real technical gem..was half with and had smooth hero snow..lazy mile was ok until the big right hander..and the falls isn’t the same with no lip.  

Skied a quick 8 runs had my fill like Michelson then had a quick two perpetual win lower lot, an Xmas cookie and peanut cluster thanks to JFDan was back on the road before 10.  Nice quick session and tomorrow should be fun with better weather and more PASRs. JADIP!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

The snow was good. The visibility was not. Nice to see new trails opening. Nice to test out my new skis in the lodge. 

0427F28F-F189-462A-9305-607BA8847752.jpeg

What some may say is odd, we call this normal for Blue Mountain.            Wait......is that Santa????

So, conditions were maybe not quite as good as days past, the days of Main Street being a carpet ride are gone for a while i think, but overall not a bad day to be out.  Upper Main skied well, but lower was a bit lumpy.  Biggest issue today was the low vis at the top.  Snow on NMDW was really pretty good, but narrow, made the second turn kind of interesting.  FYI, ski from the lift to Razors, then hang a right to get on NM.  The area in between Paradise and NM isnt quite ready for skiing.  Midway was pretty nice, couldnt see shit on Come Around, and Lazy was nice if you took the turn wide.  I didnt ski Paradise, but was told i wasnt missing anything.  I didnt see what Indiggio's bumps looked like, and most likely, neither did anyone else.  

Expect major stupidity on the trails tomorrow.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I didnt see what Indiggio's bumps looked like, and most likely, neither did anyone else. 

You didn't miss anything, as they were in just slightly better shape than the disaster the groomers left them in for us.
Luckily the warmth allowed us to make another line outside the bumps Blue's groomers created.

After the rain came through, it brightened up and the sun almost was able to break through.
The snow was hero into the afternoon.