Anyone have Nordicas?

Sno Mountain Skier

I tried on the like two pairs of nordica boots at nestors. I was considering buying them over langes, but I just couldn't. A lot of them come with a booster strap so when you flex it absorbs, its great for shin bang. If you go to try them on I guarantee you will love the feel.

Anyone have Nordica boots. I am looking at a pair, but i want to know how they perform. I don't know the name of it, so any overview of them would be appreciated.

34256[/snapback]

I tired them on, I ended up with the Dalbello Krypton cross. 3 piece, 3 buckle, tons of adjustments......

EDIT: Freeskiers 2006 buyers guide only lists the slide feature for easier entry as the best feature on the Beast 12 model

Edited by Papasteeze

i have a pair, and i also dont know the name of them. i think they're ok, i ski a lot of park, they aren't to good for it. downhill is fine in them, no problems. they feel really thin now, like no shock absorbtion (sp?) or anything.

Edit: theyre really stiff unless you loosen the buckles, then they are perfect, but you have no control, so its stiff or nothing. they do flex, but you really have to force it.

Edited by Shadows

Well i just bought some. They are pretty soft to, so it should be good. They fit so well to im glad i got them. Also i got them for $59, and they were originally $365 when they came out two years ago. Check the calendar for the Bear Creek Ski Shack sale. Its going on now, and the prices are great.

They have this years chronics in also, and they are pretty sweet, if i say so myself. They also have foils, and im not to impressed with them though. I didnt like the flex. But the only good thing about the Foils is the width of them as being a good waist size for a park ski.

I riden Nordica F5.2s and they worked well for me. I just baught Dalbellos in alittle smaller size and the noridcas are a hella lot lighter. I loved my noricas but i riden them over 100+ days and they got really pcked out. I suggest getting a pair.

don't take freeskier's gear guide as a sole resource. anyone notice how k2 got worse reviews than any other ski? did you also notice how k2 didnt advertise in freeskier? its not just an odd coincidence.

34297[/snapback]

it looks like k2 now owns SKEEZE

ok heres how it goes:

k2 didnt advertise in freeskier this year. instead, they spent their freeride advertising budget on SKEEZE magazine, so that is their advertising for this year. their is one issue, thats all for this year, maybe another one this year if its well recieved. its free, because like i said, its advertising, and they arent going to charge people for their own advertisements. its edited by micheal jaquette, who used to be the editor of freeze, hence the freeze references everyhwere. in my opinion, its a good idea, but it could have been edited a little better; i.e. lots of typos, and the contributors opinions are just that; very opinionated. but hey, its free.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have Nordica boots. I am looking at a pair, but i want to know how they perform. I don't know the name of it, so any overview of them would be appreciated.

Which Nordica's? There are several. Dobbies, The Beasts, Beast 12,14, Speedmachines and so on,This year there are Hot Rod's. I have The Beasts and really like them. A good all around boot. I keep it on the "Stiff" setting and find them very responsive, great for carving and still some flex for bumps and crud. Remember that with boots, its the fit that matters most and I don't know of any fitter anywhere around here that is worth anything.

Which Nordica's? There are several. Dobbies, The Beasts, Beast 12,14, Speedmachines and so on,This year there are Hot Rod's. I have The Beasts and really like them. A good all around boot. I keep it on the "Stiff" setting and find them very responsive, great for carving and still some flex for bumps and crud. Remember that with boots, its the fit that matters most and I don't know of any fitter anywhere around here that is worth anything.

I already got some. I dont even no the name of them. All i know is that they were originally 350 and i got them for 60.

finndog, i'm going to have to disagree with you. yes, i work for nestors, so i am biased, but i have seen work that "reputable" shops from vermont have done, and have had to go into those shops to get pads and such for friends' boots on trips, and we do a much better job doing custom boot work than most shops i have seen. out of curiosity, who do you trust?

I'm with justo on this one. There are several boot fitters in our area that are reputable.. Nestor's IMO offers the best value. Salter's is tedious, but you can go back as many times as you need and they are $$$ Skidude - what is the name of the guy that was at our CAT meeting?

I'm with justo on this one. There are several boot fitters in our area that are reputable.. Nestor's IMO offers the best value. Salter's is tedious, but you can go back as many times as you need and they are $$$ Skidude - what is the name of the guy that was at our CAT meeting?

Will Kaplan

800-283-2370

cantman@peakeasy.net

we offer a bootfit garauntee on every pair of boots we recommend to you. if you go with the boot we recommend for you, you have all season to bring it back to us to work on it to make it fit correctly if something about the boot didnt work out for you. we always do our best to get you in a boot that fits your foot, your skiing style, and your budget. we can put more padding into a boot, stretch or pack out the liner, heat mold the liner if it has that feature, add heel/toe lift to a boot to help correct fore/aft stance, add canted toe and heel lugs or plane the bootsole to correct lateral alignment, stretch or grind the inside of the shell to give you more room if its needed, etc. come into the shop and check it out, you have nothing to lose.

Chris,

I have a pair of X-max 10s I got just for free skiing, and they do feel soft at high speeds.

You might want to look at Volkl 6 stars, atomic SX 10s (or 11s). Salomon makes really soft skis, even there race skis are a big softer than other compainies.

Chris,

I have a pair of X-max 10s I got just for free skiing, and they do feel soft at high speeds.

You might want to look at Volkl 6 stars, atomic SX 10s (or 11s). Salomon makes really soft skis, even there race skis are a big softer than other compainies.

Thank you for the input however I probably wasnt real clear. I have the cross max 10 in boot version not ski version. As far as skis go I have the race stock verision of the dynastar course 66 and a pair of 213cm dynastar DH skis. The later of witch I'll probbaly never flex in my life. thank you though.

Thank you for the input however I probably wasnt real clear. I have the cross max 10 in boot version not ski version. As far as skis go I have the race stock verision of the dynastar course 66 and a pair of 213cm dynastar DH skis. The later of witch I'll probbaly never flex in my life. thank you though.

Ahhhhh makes sence now then.... :huh:

Hmm how much do you want for letting me use those 213s for a few hours :devil: