3/15...the ides of March. Interesting exit.

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

It is an NSAID, but a newer different molecule. Has a longer half-life so you only need to take it less often than others. Of course be careful about NSAIDS (especially Tylenol) and alcohol consumption. I usually take an Aleve or Advil before skiing to keep inflammation down, and keep being a spry old geezer 😂

Tylenol is acetaminophen which is totally different type of medicine. It's for reducing pain and lowering fever, ibuprofen and NSAID's are anti-inflammatory and the mechanism of action between the two is really different. 

Too much advil and your stomach is going to be in rough shape, too much Tylenol particularly with moderate amounts of booze and you die and a terrible death at that. If I remember the mechanism correctly your liver can metabolize it in 3 ways and if you make your liver work too hard it runs out of the good ways and  metabolizes a toxic acid based by product.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Tylenol is acetaminophen which is totally different type of medicine. It's for reducing pain and lowering fever, ibuprofen and NSAID's are anti-inflammatory and the mechanism of action between the two is really different. 

Too much advil and your stomach is going to be in rough shape, too much Tylenol particularly with moderate amounts of booze and you die and a terrible death at that. If I remember the mechanism correctly your liver can metabolize it in 3 ways and if you make your liver work too hard it runs out of the good ways and  metabolizes a toxic acid based by product.

Sheesh how do you know all this?  I only know about the fun drugs. 

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sheesh how do you know all this?  I only know about the fun drugs. 

Children's motrin will very rarely make a kids skin fall off, like alot of it. 

All drugs are interesting, like swallow one and it makes your penis hard, another and you can see the matrix and dance all night. 

Plus some stuff just has seemingly random side effects, advil is rough on your gut because the same receptor it blocks for pain also tells your stomach to make a new lining. THC rando blocks the one that says your full hence the munchies.

Shit is random and weird, Tylenol they don't actually know why it blocks pain. There are like 5 theories but one involves the endocabinoid system so it may be like a cousin of the best drug of all time.