3/15...the ides of March. Interesting exit.

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Send some +++++VIBES+++++ my way...I’m still limping a bit...was tough getting out of bed today.  I think my hard slam hit my sciatic nerve cause my right foot is in moderate pain since last night.  Either that or I sprained my foot from walking around a bit differently the last few days..it’s not as bad as my dance floor injury from Jackson hole 12 years ago.  Skiing this morning was a pipe dream but I’m hopeful I can ski a little bit on party day.  Sleeping is the toughest part.  

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ VIBES ////////////////   your way @GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hope your pen is helping out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Send some +++++VIBES+++++ my way...I’m still limping a bit...was tough getting out of bed today.  I think my hard slam hit my sciatic nerve cause my right foot is in moderate pain since last night.  Either that or I sprained my foot from walking around a bit differently the last few days..it’s not as bad as my dance floor injury from Jackson hole 12 years ago.  Skiing this morning was a pipe dream but I’m hopeful I can ski a little bit on party day.  Sleeping is the toughest part.  

Have you been taking any ibuprofen or other NSAIDs regularly? Might be some inflammation that is causing that nerve compression. 

And of course, Vibes your way so you can be fresh for Sunday!

Edited by toast21602
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No would ibuprofen help?  

I would recommend taking something throughout the day to help with pain, like Motrin. It will help with pain and reduce any associated inflammation from your fall. Not Tylenol, because that will only help with pain. It seems like things aren't getting better as quickly that you would like.

~400mg 3 every 6-8 hours

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I actually found a bottle of Aleve and just googled is aleve fhe same as ibuprofen.  

It's a different drug, but it will help with inflammation.  I actually think aleve works better than ibuprofen.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

It's a different drug, but it will help with inflammation.  I actually think aleve works better than ibuprofen.  

I took two of them at like noon. Honestly pain in my foot and side has gone from like a 5 out of 10 to a 3. If my foot isn’t perfect Sunday AM I’m sure once it’s in my ski boot it will be fine. Several seasons back I had a broken baby toe for like half the season which only bothered me barefoot or when I was skiing hard stuff at JH.  

This morning when i was walking/limping down the hallway at the hotel house..I saw a guy in a wheelchair which had me count my blessings.  When I had my 1pm appointment and walking around with them outside I didn’t even notice the pain because I was occupied educating a family.   I still have a little FOMO from missing skiing today especially since I didn’t have to be at work till noon thirty.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

My husband is partial to Aleve, I think ibuprofen works much better. I will also use aspirin instead of the ibuprofen for injuries sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I actually found a bottle of Aleve and just googled is aleve fhe same as ibuprofen.  

It is an NSAID, but a newer different molecule. Has a longer half-life so you only need to take it less often than others. Of course be careful about NSAIDS (especially Tylenol) and alcohol consumption. I usually take an Aleve or Advil before skiing to keep inflammation down, and keep being a spry old geezer 😂

Edited by C1erArt

1 minute ago, C1erArt said:

It is an NSAID, but a different molecule. Has a longer half-life so you only need to take it less often than others. Of course be careful about NSAIDS (especially Tylenol) and alcohol consumption. 

Too late on the alcohol part lol. Actually just had like three Jackson and colas last night.  

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

It is an NSAID, but a newer different molecule. Has a longer half-life so you only need to take it less often than others. Of course be careful about NSAIDS (especially Tylenol) and alcohol consumption. I usually take an Aleve or Advil before skiing to keep inflammation down, and keep being a spry old geezer 😂

Tylenol isn't an NSAID, but yeah definitely alcohol in moderation. 

• Like 1