3/2 Another Perfect Day!

DiMe

Just got home from another afternoon at the Blue the Only True mountain Pennsylvania has to offer.  Arrived in the lower lot at 1:15 to see no PASR activity or much of any activity at all.  I knew I made the right decision to sleep and then come in the afternoon.  Started the day lapping Come Around 9 times from the Main Street Express without ever sitting next to another person.  Bounced around for another 11 runs on snow that never got slushy as one might have thought with the temps hitting near 60!  Some poop 💩 stains resurfaced in the usual spots.  Especially the bottom of Switchback was quite bare.  Coverage otherwise is still great and deep enough to push around to for hopefully another 3 weeks.  All in all JADIP. :rock

20230302_155720.jpg

20230302_155531.jpg

20230302_162034.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow it was empty….three more weeks would be fantastic.  Who knows maybe we’ll get a snowstorm later this month.  They once reopened in April for a day due to new snow. 

I'm really hoping for 3 more weeks at Blue the True.  Id even be ok with walking over grass stretches if they'd keep spinning the lift.   It got quite busy innthe evening with several buses and school groups showing up.  Hopefully they're making money to make it worth the effort.

22 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I'm really hoping for 3 more weeks at Blue the True.  Id even be ok with walking over grass stretches if they'd keep spinning the lift.   It got quite busy innthe evening with several buses and school groups showing up.  Hopefully they're making money to make it worth the effort.

Oh they want to be open at least till the last weekend of March if crowds and weather cooperate.  They wouldn’t have blown more snow on tubing if that wasn’t the case.  Anyway the long range forecast isn’t terrible let’s hope it trends cold. 

Finally got the kids out for a night session. Really enjoyed the snow. Grayson's first run down Coming Soon tonight, he crushed it, for a pizza turner anyway. Best moment of the night for me was when we split up and he and Pops did Widow Midway Lower while Bubba and I did full Main. Stopped to wait across the intersection while Pops sent him ahead down Midway and as he got to Main he did a full, unprompted, head-turned uphill clearance check. So proud, lol.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1