Soul of Alta

indiggio

Fucking stoke !

I'll preface this by saying for the boarders I'm sorry they don't let you ride there, to be fair alot of the stuff worth skiing would suck on a board but still.

I love to ask people what they think about Alta because it's the fastest question to know what they are all about.

DV peeps for the most part don't like Alta, the other day when they had a 4hr redsnake up LCC all the ikons went to the bird which in some ways is a more challenging mtn but critically more comfortable. (Tram not included )

Alta is for skiers, actual skiing, not taking pictures for the gram in a 4k Goldberg, you can get beer and shit but they don't have signature cocktails. There is no spa or 100000 endless real estate scams. All of the good shit you gotta work to get their and nobody is going to help you find it. The true Alta peeps are god damn Billy goats, a 85 year old dude will make you reconsider how good of a skier you think you are as he's faster on the traverse and downhill. 

It's insanely beautiful, the opposite of telluride/Silverton which I still say is number one in the lower 48 but you get up on high rustler and sup is all big and gnarly in your face, the sun is going down behind the mtns perfect picture frame view all the way down to the valley. 

You either get it or you don't and every true skier, the givers, the adventurers get it........ the nipple deep diamond dust that falls out of the sky seemingly constantly doesn't hurt but they are right it has a soul in an increasingly soulless ski industry. 

• Like 5

On 1/17/2024 at 8:03 PM, Johnny Law said:

Fucking stoke !

I'll preface this by saying for the boarders I'm sorry they don't let you ride there, to be fair alot of the stuff worth skiing would suck on a board but still.

I love to ask people what they think about Alta because it's the fastest question to know what they are all about.

DV peeps for the most part don't like Alta, the other day when they had a 4hr redsnake up LCC all the ikons went to the bird which in some ways is a more challenging mtn but critically more comfortable. (Tram not included )

Alta is for skiers, actual skiing, not taking pictures for the gram in a 4k Goldberg, you can get beer and shit but they don't have signature cocktails. There is no spa or 100000 endless real estate scams. All of the good shit you gotta work to get their and nobody is going to help you find it. The true Alta peeps are god damn Billy goats, a 85 year old dude will make you reconsider how good of a skier you think you are as he's faster on the traverse and downhill. 

It's insanely beautiful, the opposite of telluride/Silverton which I still say is number one in the lower 48 but you get up on high rustler and sup is all big and gnarly in your face, the sun is going down behind the mtns perfect picture frame view all the way down to the valley. 

You either get it or you don't and every true skier, the givers, the adventurers get it........ the nipple deep diamond dust that falls out of the sky seemingly constantly doesn't hurt but they are right it has a soul in an increasingly soulless ski industry. 

Was only there once, need to get back. Niko and I rode with Indiggio and son on a boot deep day and had a hoot. I remember it was the first "big" day on the new hip and I was skiing a little tentatively, decided to break off after lunch and cruise with the girls. After a run or two Mrs SnoBunski was done so her friend Jan, who is a long time Alta skier and knows the mountain like the back of her hand, took me on a magic tour. I knew it was going to be good on the lift when she asked if I minded a few rocky traverses, lol.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

Was only there once, need to get back. Niko and I rode with Indiggio and son on a boot deep day and had a hoot. I remember it was the first "big" day on the new hip and I was skiing a little tentatively, decided to break off after lunch and cruise with the girls. After a run or two Mrs SnoBunski was done so her friend Jan, who is a long time Alta skier and knows the mountain like the back of her hand, took me on a magic tour. I knew it was going to be good on the lift when she asked if I minded a few rocky traverses, lol.

Major props, I think I would go to DV or PC on a new hip

• Like 1