3/12/24….spring skiing..empty

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 41 degrees under sunny skys.  In the house were TP4, Atomic Jeff, C1er, Johnny Law, Oz, Rodney, Harold, Dirtwolf, Jimmy and a handful of others.  

First run on Paradise was pretty nice soft cord and lots of leaves, half width and semi thin cover in a few spots.  Lazy had decent coverage and not quite as soft as Paradise as it was in a shadow.  Back to Paradise again and Jeff’s friend skied Coming soon which was apparently half width rock hard frozen bumps.  

Over to Chute and it was nice corn, and I skied that three times in a row.  Then skied challenge which was softening up on the top half and chunky second half.  The falls was initially chunky but softened fast.  I finished up with another chute run and peaches out at 1030 with the temperature up to 54 degrees.  It was not as epic spring conditions as past days as it’s down to the base snow which is thick but pleasant skiing.  

JADIP

3024D63F-0A05-4A0F-A719-46C121BFF6E9.jpeg

• Like 6

I arrived a little around 9:35 after some morning meetings and ran until around 10:45. Nothing else to add really other than CS was interesting in that kinda terrible kinda fun way.  

Edited by Dirtwolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Solum Canis Lupis is seriously underselling coming soon. 

Imagine a cobble stone street set by dead heads still tripping balls from the 70's. Everything is everywhere and none of it makes sense,  like what turn shape generated that pile shape and why does it go across the mtn ? 

I went there first run........Spring skiing is catching a falling knife and I bounced it off my hand and stabbed myself in the dick. 

It is great fun and some stuff like lower main and dis were actually good but rotd to coming soon.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I don't think his look alike had the flash of green. There are many c1 look alikes but you can normally tell it's not him without the green. 

Yeah and most of them are doing their best Chris Christies while C1er is working on his carving and angulation. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Rode from 2 to close.  Snow was suprisingly good for how warm it was.  To sum it up after those 2 hours my feets were still bone dry.  Coming soon is basicly a narrow burm run along the guns on the steeper part.  Looks like they have plenty of snow to push around to get through the weekend.  WROD on the very bottom stretch of lower paradise but plenty depth where it's wide above to keep that going.

Chances are we may lose Coming Soon and Paradise soon but NMDW, Razors and Lazy all have excellent coverage. All in all JADIP at Blue The True.

20240312_141012.jpg

20240312_154631.jpg

20240312_154718.jpg

20240312_154733.jpg

20240312_154808.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It was less slushy this morning than Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings despite being warmer..maybe less traffic had to do with it but I just think that base snow is just so glacial. What’s left of it.  

Also there was fist sized rock halfway buried in the snow a several feet behind the quad entrance gates that Atomic Jeff uprooted and moved off the snow…that could have owned somebody..gotta be careful out there..little hazards and somebody is going to get sucked into the river running under lower Main Street.

Also in years past, homestretch used to be an issue late season and still deep coverage on Homestretch.  As some had said, maybe just Razors and Nightmare dreamweaver for closing…coming soon ice axe requires lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Rode from 2 to close.  Snow was suprisingly good for how warm it was.  To sum it up after those 2 hours my feets were still bone dry.  Coming soon is basicly a narrow burm run along the guns on the steeper part.  Looks like they have plenty of snow to push around to get through the weekend.  WROD on the very bottom stretch of lower paradise but plenty depth where it's wide above to keep that going.

Chances are we may lose Coming Soon and Paradise soon but NMDW, Razors and Lazy all have excellent coverage. All in all JADIP at Blue The True.

20240312_141012.jpg

20240312_154631.jpg

20240312_154718.jpg

20240312_154733.jpg

20240312_154808.jpg

Nice pictures, I wanted to get one of Chute earlier but phone in my car.  I might have to return tomorrow AM to get that picture. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I don't think his look alike had the flash of green. There are many c1 look alikes but you can normally tell it's not him without the green. 

I saw you on Nightmare dreamweaver maybe 830..you were 1/3 of a lap ahead of me especially with Skytop or whatever out of commission.  

Touch the Sky Mont Bleu

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw you on Nightmare dreamweaver maybe 830..you were 1/3 of a lap ahead of me especially with Skytop or whatever out of commission.  

Touch the Sky Mont Bleu

I stopped and waited at the top twice which I figured would cancel the offset but I never saw you guys 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I stopped and waited at the top twice which I figured would cancel the offset but I never saw you guys 

Ahh it’s tough but if I lose the pack on weekend mornings it’s so easy to spot or I end up riding with enjo and pops and Matt edge. I also got to ride the quad with TP4 twice today including opening bell but didn’t get to witness his Wawa coffee cup toss prob happened on the next lift ride.  

• Like 1