Come On Wilma

skifreak

why is that a bad combo? sounds like it estlabsedes its own base.

It's a bad combo because all it does is slightly cover the ground, and when you make a turn you're going to cut straight to the ground. New snow this early is good for establishing a base to be built on (provided it stays cold enough to make snow after the fall), but even if it snowed a foot you're still going to have a problem with riding on it without a base. Plus, a base will keep the snow colder so it'll stick around longer (even if it rains).

You need new snow to establish a base. Of course it won't stick around, but at least we could setup a rail in the backyard.

That's fine, just don't expect your local mountain to open up the day after the storm.

It's a bad combo because all it does is slightly cover the ground, and when you make a turn you're going to cut straight to the ground. New snow this early is good for establishing a base to be built on (provided it stays cold enough to make snow after the fall), but even if it snowed a foot you're still going to have a problem with riding on it without a base. Plus, a base will keep the snow colder so it'll stick around longer (even if it rains).

That's fine, just don't expect your local mountain to open up the day after the storm.

I'm sure no-one here expects any of the local mountains to open until at least thanksgiving (even being very optimistic), but snow is snow. Bring it.... :woot

Oct. 25th

Zip: 18460 (my town)

Tuesday Night: Snow and rain at times, accumulating a coating to an inch. Winds from the WNW at 9 mph.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?p...=18460&metric=0

an inch of snow :)! im excited

I get excited about an inch of snow in January down here in OC.

You know if the snow starts early that means that we get that 70 degree and rain crap in mid February :(

That's not necassarly true, what if it's just a longer winter? 70 in January, I dunno about that but lets hope not.

Tannersville is suppose to get some snow Tuesday too. No accumulation but hey if it snows it still counts as snow in October. So far (knocking on wood) this winter looks promising. :)