Riding halfpipes

shredFAND

Could anyone give me some good tips on riding halfpipe? I can jump and jib, but put in a transition with some vert and i'm clueless! Need advise on approach, powering through the tranny, and spinning more than 360. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :banghead

http://freeriders.itgo.com

Could anyone give me some good tips on riding halfpipe? I can jump and jib, but put in a transition with some vert and i'm clueless! Need advise on approach, powering through the tranny, and spinning more than 360. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :banghead

The only tip i have is to go to mountain creek or north, or west, because all of the pipes in this area suck, pretty much all of the time

i agree with him.. even though it is good to start learning on the smaller pipes around here.. then head out to creek/north/out west to hit the super pipes..

• 3 weeks later...

just an FYI, 7springs now is the proud owner of a 17' zauug super pipe dragon. its going to be sick!

not only that but they also have purchased a bunch of new rails and made a third slope into a terrain park. there will also be a full time park crew to change it up and keep it in good shape throughout the season. ( ill be part of the park staff this year)

they must have awakened to the fact that there really arent too many places with good parks in the mid atlantic and that having the best around could draw in some bigger events/contests that will also bring in big name companies who have money.

i know most of you guys dont ride the western side of the state, but its going to be worth the trip out this season if you get the chance.

just an FYI, 7springs now is the proud owner of a 17' zauug super pipe dragon. its going to be sick!

not only that but they also have purchased a bunch of new rails and made a third slope into a terrain park. there will also be a full time park crew to change it up and keep it in good shape throughout the season. ( ill be part of the park staff this year)

they must have awakened to the fact that there really arent too many places with good parks in the mid atlantic and that having the best around could draw in some bigger events/contests that will also bring in big name companies who have money.

i know most of you guys dont ride the western side of the state, but its going to be worth the trip out this season if you get the chance.

i love 7springs, it is beautiful out there, but i have never actually been out there to ride. only out there to stay in the condos for srping/summer time events like the rolling rock town fair and things of the like. i've been meaning to get out there to check out the slopes. so maybe this year that will give me more reason to make the drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure your not absorbing the tranny on the side of the hit.

• 4 weeks later...

as for as learning to ride pipe, camelback has a very good pipe once it is freshly cut. the key to pipe is at most ur entry run. upon entry, u should never b carving into the tranny. no matter heelside wall or toeside wall, u want to initiate ur turn in the flats and just hold an edge into the transition. many people think they need to carve into the wall but u initiate ur turn before moving up the wall, and that is usually where beginners lose all speed.