Pa Cup 4

skidude

THat is mike haristrock (I think) he came in 3rd over all and has been racing for who knows how many years....A lot longer than me and well longer than you too. Lets see YOU on that course

haha, dude i envy your ability to get out there and race, no question. But that trail is all to familiar to me (maybe you should ski at blue more :P ) i practice on that course "mentally" all the time. I even have people be pretend gates for me on the headwall. I think being comfortable on the trail helps. On sunday, that was only your 5th and 6th time on Razors? Its got alot of different pitches....

Well it is different when 100 people (like mike) all go down around the gates before you and it gets a little rutty. And your there racign and everything

yea, especially after it just rained. That trail can really get nasty towards the end of the day, and i expect thats how it was. And they set the first steep pretty tight. Even free skiing with it nasty, you got tossed around. Not a bad finish dude of the ski.

snowboard lingo lesson:

jibs=rails

hits=jumps

huck=throwing urself off a jump and flailing in some way to obtain a half ass trick (aka no style).

boned: keeping a leg straight during a grab

rolling down the windows: when u go off a jump and make circular motions with ur hands to keep ur balance.

sketchy=looks bad.

and many many more that i am too lazy to type.....

Skidude has his edges tipped nicely and is working a two-footed carve in about a 50-50, which would probably be 60-40 or more in the next frame. He's begun his comma shape, but it'll get better when he forces those fists forward and keeps from letting the left arm from lagging. He has a good lean into the gate, trying to put his belly button into the snow over the uphill ski.

The only thing truly missing is the balls-out aggression. You "get it" skidude. And when you trust that downhill ski to carve and increase the forces on it, your turn will look more like Mike's.

Skidude has his edges tipped nicely and is working a two-footed carve in about a 50-50, which would probably be 60-40 or more in the next frame. He's begun his comma shape, but it'll get better when he forces those fists forward and keeps from letting the left arm from lagging. He has a good lean into the gate, trying to put his belly button into the snow over the uphill ski.

The only thing truly missing is the balls-out aggression. You "get it" skidude. And when you trust that downhill ski to carve and increase the forces on it, your turn will look more like Mike's.

ski, i dont think its in his nature to be aggressive, even when im freeskiing i go ballz to the wallz making aggressive short turns. On challenge on the headwalll, i make such rapid, hard aggressive moves. Maybe i shold start kicking the crap out of skidude, and stop when he starts fighting back, that might get him mroe aggressive.

By all means, kick the crap out of him! Beatings are a good thing!

But like skigurl says, some racers just go brain dead when they are in a race. In football, you get killed if you start thinking; in ski racing, you get killed if you STOP thinking. Racers get fast when all things come together. It's a lot of shit that has to line up and it's only the kids with absolute determination that ever get there.

Edited by ski999

Jeff I could cruse down that race and still beat you :P

Anyway jib Thats what I thought but I actully respect my gear, so I am staying away from them. Someone told me ski edges last 500 feet on rails or 5,000 miles on snow.

Anyway Ski I don't know why I didn't go balls out...But I will by the end of next year (I hope)

• 1 month later...
slap some atomics on her, and shed look like a REAL skiier  ;)

haha jk, lookin good sib's offspring!  let's get a race betweens ski999's and sibhusky's daughters  :confused

Actually, if you go along the ski racks here while a race is on, the biggest brand seems to be Rossignols (at least at the NorAm's, which were speed events here), then Volkyl, then Fischer, then Atomic. The huge difference in brands is really apparent here from back East. For non-racers, I'd say the biggest brand here is K2, then Rossignol, at least in skis.

slap some atomics on her, and shed look like a REAL skiier  ;)

haha jk, lookin good sib's offspring!  let's get a race betweens ski999's and sibhusky's daughters :confused

Actually, if you go along the ski racks here while a race is on, the biggest brand seems to be Rossignols (at least at the NorAm's, which were speed events here), then Volkyl, then Fischer, then Atomic. The huge difference in brands is really apparent here from back East. For non-racers, I'd say the biggest brand here is K2, then Rossignol, at least in skis.

interesting...cause on race days at blue, especially slalom days, EVERYONEs got SL:11's strapped on there feat, then come rossignol with those "hook" tips....

• 8 months later...

seems like the blue mtn kids always do real well on their home course. razors is not really comparable to anything else in the poconos in terms of length at least. and warren miller is the last person i would trust when it comes to jibbing. i have slid well over 500 feet worth of rails and my edges are dull, but they are still there.