Saturdays Rail Jam

parkrider

yea, so i went today, the snow was GREAT! got the 3rd or 4th chair. left my house around 430, got there at like 8 cause traffic was pretty bad. the snow was really good for this early. good coverage. nice rail park.

it was a really great first day. i left pretty early cause i wanted to get home. it took me a long time to get used to my skis, and im still not used to them.

its gonna be a great day tomorrow to, they still have alot of nice, dare i say it, fluffy snow. it should still be good. have fun guys

I'm not going up cause it's gonna be crowded. Maybe monday.

HAHAHAHAA crowded.... :P Steeze made the finals and they made him make the last run of the night. The crowd was hollering nipples! nipples! nipples!! Good fun.. 4+ inches of fresh snow all day saturday.. Never a wait never a crowd. Was even better yesterday!!! :P

what place did he finily get?

4th I would say.

He must have had a bundle of nerves going with having to wait till 8pm after hiking a hundred times that day, bright lights, frozen "lucky" gloves, the announcer getting the chant going.... the crowd joining that chant.. If he a had pulled the trick that he was qualifying with - I believe he would have nailed the top prize. 450 on switch up to 270 off... But he 270'd on, switch up and slid off. Great experience for him to be under that much pressure with a hundred on lookers.. If you can't tell - I was really proud of him :lol

Props to the ski shop that handed out all the swag including skis and boards to the top 3. We walked away with $75 goggles, 3 fleece vests, a back backpack for back country, and dozens of new friends. SUPPORT THE SHOPS THAT SUPPORT THESE EVENTS!!!!! otherwise send your money to ebay and hope they give something back... Sorry.. I had to get that dig in :P

Props to the NY State park to recognize the sport and support it by having this jam. There are plans for 3 others this year.

I missed the jam but made it up ther on Sunday, first time there and I was quite impressed. The snow was good and lots of friendly people on the lifts. The rail park was nice too, i was taking laps from the top and hitting it at the end of my run. The boxes were set up good and slid well, very nice first day of the season.