Opening?

librider

http://ridecamelback.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2906

:banghead:banghead:thumbdown:pissed:thud

camelback can :bj me

Thanks for your interest in Camelback. We are looking at an opening day around the third week in December (weather permitting). The best thing to do would be to keep checking the website. Thank you for your comments we have taken them in consideration. Have a great day.

Edited by librider

Josh isn't anyone important...He is someone in the marketing department i would assume.

I met "josh" when I took my kids up for season passes, he is just a front desk jockey in the "guest services" area. One miserable and not child friendly old hippie, if he's the owner I'm finding another home mountain next year.

I know of that hippie guy, he laughed at me when I smiled for my pass. That bastard.

He made my 5 year old cry because despite being at least an inch below the line in the office he didn't believe he would be under it in his ski boots for the entire season, and hence wouldn't give him a free season pass, even though they said they would when I called and bought them for my daugher and I.

In my season pass picture, I look like I'm going to kill someone, I was so pissed about it.

He made my 5 year old cry because despite being at least an inch below the line in the office he didn't believe he would be under it in his ski boots for the entire season, and hence wouldn't give him a free season pass, even though they said they would when I called and bought them for my daugher and I.

In my season pass picture, I look like I'm going to kill someone, I was so pissed about it.

I hope you went above that A$$holes head and got the free pass. The free pass is a height requirement, not an age requirement?

I hope you went above that A$$holes head and got the free pass. The free pass is a height requirement, not an age requirement?

Yes it's a height requirement (46" in boots), and no I didn't get a free pass. It took me weeks of e-mails to get them to agree to give him a pass in the first place, their standard practice is to make you go to guest services each time you visit and ask for a free lift ticket. I don't mind doing this except we normally park at the bottom end :banghead

So the upshot is he'll be going back to Blue Mt for his lessons (their explorer program is excellent if you can go in the week), and we'll have to put up with the inconvenience of guest services at weekends.

Daily picture on the CB site...

daily_hi_2.jpg

Look out Josh! Don't get eaten by the Snow Whale.

I think I know the guy your talking about. I met him a little this summer. He never gave me a hard time, so I don't really have anything with him, but then again, I didn't talk to him that much either.

Daily picture on the CB site...

I think I know the guy your talking about. I met him a little this summer. He never gave me a hard time, so I don't really have anything with him, but then again, I didn't talk to him that much either.

Yeah, that's not him. He's about 20 years too young, needs grey hair and a bad attitude.

Edited by Discordial

That is plenty of snow to cover the trail, they just aren't going to want to have a 1 foot base when they could have 2. Plus its not the busiest time of year, not even close. It looks pretty good to me, especially after what our snow did during the cold spell <_<.

I agree with lurk....That is enough snow, it gets spread out real well, but they will still want to blow another 6ish inches on top of it. If there not opening this weekend (which they said there not) then they might as well wait til the 16th...Cause I will be up at Killington/okemo on the 10/11th ;)

Looks like if they spread that stuff out it will be pretty thin. I would like to see them open this weekend but better to wait a few days and have better conditions.

This is the latest forcast and it even has snow in the forcast, so there will be no excuse not to open by the 10th (or sooner).........

The Northeast, Midwest and Middle Atlantic will turn significantly colder later this week. Cold air will spill southward from central Canada, Thursday and Friday. Northerly winds will drive the cold air southward through the Middle Atlantic Friday. Locations which had temperatures in the 60s and 70s earlier this week, will only have temperatures in the 20s and 30s by the weekend. Cold winds will make it feel even colder across New England. The cold surge will trigger numerous lake-effect snow showers and squalls downwind of the Great Lakes.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 40. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 26. West wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 13 mph increasing to between 19 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Sunday: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low near 22. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 20%

well they arent blowing snow tonight , and its cold enough....

Temperature 33.1 F (0.6 C)

Windchill 24 F (-4 C)

Dew Point 27.0 F (-2.8 C)

Relative Humidity 77%

Give it time its not quite there yet.

Its got to get to 29F at that % humidity

http://www.snowathome.com/home_page_files/...0fahrenheit.pdf

Edited by mtnbiker99x