Just got back from BC

emsp4life

Well I just returned home. It was a good 4 hr day . The mountain was in great shape. They defintly put alot of work in snow wise. I guess now i'm gonna have to stop busting bearcreek chics stones now about the mountain. Not to mention she got a hold of me and was mad at me (lol) for being a trouble starter.. :nono Not me!!! I'll be back out there tomorrow night ..... :wiggle:rock:wiggle

How was the park, and how much has been setup so far? I was trying to look at it throught the webcam, but it was hard, haha. I'm going down as soon as the park is good, but I want to make sure that they have it setup before I make the 1 1/2 hr drive.

One decent sized jump? Did they have more than that though? They don't need to be huge for me, I'll have fun on them all the same. Anyone have a breif description of the rails at all? Thanks for the info, sounds like they're getting stuff setup!

Here is what they had opening day:

Tree jib

3 ft high and 25ft long mound of snow that was shaped like a mini spine (good for 180s)

6 inch wide and 6 ft long flatbar straight rail

6 inch wide flatbar battleship rail

small 5 ft table

Double-barrel battleship rail

6 inch wide and 20 ft long flatbar straight rail

15 ft table with a steep lip (biggest jump they had. People throwin' 5s and backflips off it)

6 inch wide and 6 ft long flatbar straight rail

1ft wide and 6ft long straight rail/box (surfaced with white sliding material)

Picnic table (surfaced with white sliding material)

10ft mailbox rail on top of a spine (meant for stalls and stuff)

Disclaimer: some of the sizes of rails/jumps given above may be off they are just guestimates from what I remember

I checked the webcam today (Sun. 12/11) and they added the reverse rainbow/U rail and sizeable hit on the steep part of Black Bear.

There are kids throwing all sorts of backflips and crap at BC all the time, it puts me to shame, haha. So many people there are so good.

That sounds like quite a sizeable line up for opening and sounds really fun to me. Thank you very much for the write-up! I'm probably gonna head down sometime this week for some night skiing, should be good like always.

I don't know if they were skiing off trail now, but they had some pretty cool stuff in the woods on the right side of the mountain last year. They don't really seem to have many rocks and bushes and stuff, so it's a lot better than most of the other pocono mountain. CB's woods for instance have way to many rocks and undergrowth.

Has anyone been on the Bear Creek website lately? If you click on the Terrain Park link and go to the park page there is a big PASR logo (last year's sticker) in the upper right hand corner. Its a link here and it says check out the BC board. I just found that to be pretty cool.

Has anyone been on the Bear Creek website lately? If you click on the Terrain Park link and go to the park page there is a big PASR logo (last year's sticker) in the upper right hand corner. Its a link here and it says check out the BC board. I just found that to be pretty cool.

that is how i found this site

Haha, yeah I heard the BC reps here say they were going to do that a bit ago. Sounds like a really good idea. There were never enough people in the Bear Creek forums until now. Now all of a sudden there's tons of people. More people to talk to about the park, yay, haha.

Wow that sounds like alot of stuff. I want to ski across a picnic table sometime, I'll snatch the Picnic basket for my homeboy Yogi Bear. People were doing backflips on opening day? Were alot of people riding the powder off trail?

I was poachin up some trails in the woods. There was plenty of powder to make any line you wanted. For most of the night i was just going from woods to woods all the way down the mountain 'cept for that stupid run through the woods at the bottem right under the lifts with the stump jump.

Doug if you were a parkrat you would understand why people drive from all directions to ride Bear. They have been by far the most park progressive mountain in the area. They are one of the biggest reasons why mountains like Blue are trying to step up their parks so much this year.

Yep I make the long trek, from the burg to BC. Everything is just so much better there for the type of skier I am. There's no tourists tottering around, everyone respects each other in the park, no ranger's pull me over and punch my pass, the park is enourmous and varies from super easy to super hard, it's a pretty big mountain, and sometimes the snow is softer there when it's all ice at CB. The whole mountain just has a fun feel to it, while CB has the I'm driving on a highway, look at all the cops and other people swerving around, feel to it.

That's my take anyway.

Yep I make the long trek, from the burg to BC. Everything is just so much better there for the type of skier I am. There's no tourists tottering around, everyone respects each other in the park, no ranger's pull me over and punch my pass, the park is enourmous and varies from super easy to super hard, it's a pretty big mountain, and sometimes the snow is softer there when it's all ice at CB. The whole mountain just has a fun feel to it, while CB has the I'm driving on a highway, look at all the cops and other people swerving around, feel to it.

That's my take anyway.

yeah, unfortunitly each year this is becoming less an less the truth. 3 years ago it was rare to ever wait over 2 mins in line for the lift. now with all the new stuff they have they are begining to get more people coming to there mountain then they can hold.

I was up there today, that new U box is sick. I didn't try it and I didn't see to many people doing it, its really long. One skier was hitting it good, I was mostly just messing around on the jumps, they added one in the small park and one in the big park. I was hitting the picnic table a lot, its fun and easy.

I'll be at BC friday from like 1:30 till it closes. Leaving school early with my friend, well maybe 3 friends :D

I'll probably be taking quite a few runs by myself- so look for me. I don't think my friends are great skiers but they are fun as hell

Edited by Zonked