No Respect in the Park

stevePSSC

Is it just me or is there no respect in camelback parks? i mean half the people dont know what they are doing then there are the kids that are pretty good but think they are better then everyone and have no respect for other riders..

well sat mornint (12/10) i was riding the park all morning and these same two little kids kept just bombing the park 1 right after another hitting the first box with enough speed to gap the whol thing then gap the whole battleship.. they didnt wait they just went cutting whoever off they didnt care.. damn kid cut me off twice in a row.. then the third time i screamed "drop" for the first jump and so i started going and notice the little kid was gonna cut me off again so i just screamed at him like 20 ft before the jump and he the turned and didnt hit it..

but idk what it is with younger kids thinking they are the best and having no respect for other riders.. anyone else see this alot at camelback? i rarely see it at Creek or any big resort.. just the little local kids at CB

There is no respect at any part of Camelback. That's what makes it suck so much. No one respects the rangers, the rangers don't respect us, I hate 50% of the people in the park, kids totally ruin features by being retards. It's a bad cycle of destruction.

I think a lot of the local kids who think they're better than everybody else comes from there being so many people pizzaing on rental skis and getting in the way so they just say screw it, and cut around people, and then it becomes a freeforall. I think a good rule would be no rentals in the park. Rentals aren't ment for park, and if you have rentals you probably shouldn't be there anyway.

funny thing this was brought up. tonight at blue my friend was hitting the light up box and he yelled drop and as he is starting to go this guy comes and snakes right in front of him and my friend was flying down and hes tell the guy to move and he wont and my friend is almost on him by the time he gets to the box and right after he gets off he said thanks for not moving outta the way a$$hole. so we had about 20 people who had to explain to him the park curtiousy(sp) and his lame excuse was he was doing a run.

Yeah today at Blue we were having a park crue training session/fixing up the hits, and people were yelling at us, givin us the finger, just bein dicks. All the while we are takin' 10 minutes to make sure the stuff is as nice as it can be. Ridiculous...

Yesterday my buddy and I were just takin a few runs, and you had the customary kids talkin shit and then making fools out of themselves. Shut the hell up and ride.

me and the park crew at jf were fixing the flat box and i was making sure the lip was good for spining so i was doing 270s on and this asshole snowboard on the lift started yelling you suck and shit like that and this kid couldnt do much better. so then we build a little kicker right before a huge downhill which u could get alot of air. And we kept closing the hit whenever we seen the kid was coming down the trail. The kid never got to hit the kicker and people were getting some nice air off it for being a little 15 minute kicker.

Moral of the story- Dont :censored: with the park crew.

I hate the non-respect thing.

Today at Blue I had a good day...most people are pretty cool. There was this one guy though, he bombs down the run cuts me off at the kicker, then cuts me off at the box, then cuts me off at the hubba.

Everyone is out there to ride. I ride for myself and for fun, I'm never out to impress people. Somedays I'll push my limits and try some big stuff, but somedays I'll just have a completely chill session.

I hate the non-respect thing.

Today at Blue I had a good day...most people are pretty cool. There was this one guy though, he bombs down the run cuts me off at the kicker, then cuts me off at the box, then cuts me off at the hubba.

Everyone is out there to ride. I ride for myself and for fun, I'm never out to impress people. Somedays I'll push my limits and try some big stuff, but somedays I'll just have a completely chill session.

was this guy wearing a white helment?

That guy needs to take a reality check, a lot of snowboarders around here think they are pro but would most likely crap their pants if they ever went out west (by the way this is coming from someone who has ridden at Whistler Blackcomb a couple times - poo inducing material).

That guy needs to take a reality check, a lot of snowboarders around here think they are pro but would most likely crap their pants if they ever went out west (by the way this is coming from someone who has ridden at Whistler Blackcomb a couple times - poo inducing material).

did u see the insanely large group right after the box and before the wallride?

I've got to ride with you ForumDestroyer one time...along with some other people from here....most days I just go up bymyself and that's no fun......

im usually with a huge group of boarders and 1 twin tipper. we usually are ripping down lazy down to the terrian park. just look for me i usually am wearing a blue,grey,white jacket, grey pants,and a blue helment. some people i ride with are instructors so they were the instructor jackets. youll see us. just listen for IIIOOO

yeah good call parkbuilder..

saturday was all good in the morning untill more people got into the park.. and well then it just went to hell people cutting everyone off.. its just not fun then cause you just end up getting pissed..

i figure that yelling at one kid at a time will maybe slowly spread the word not to cut people off in the park and take freakin turns! haha

theres just no respect anymore..

Don't even get me started with non-respect in the park.

I was cut offlike 100 times today at CB. All as I can say is that people that don't respet others are stupid.

I wrote this message below on CB's board first this morning. Ironically, it appears what I experienced yesterday is a common proplem. The only solution is to have jumps with gates at the approximent distance neeeded. It bugs the hey out of my when the downslope of the landings unreachable unless you do cut off and go zipping by where the noobs think the drop in is.

LOOOOOOOK UP before you complain someone is cutting you off. Chances are there are more experienced skilled riders waiting to hit a jump at the required amount of in-run needed to clear the feature.

Here is what I wrote on the CB board:

Opening weekend and the halfpipe was open. 2 boxes, 4 rails - and uh 2 extrememly dangerous useless 30' tables in a beginners park (some were saying 40') I am erring to the short side - who's idea was that? I was told numerous times by the park crew that their hands were tied and that they didn't like the set up either. Does CB's insurance company require the Park the staff to test the in-runs. It was one of the most stupid and subsequently dangerous set ups I have ever seen.

Smart Style - respect gets respect - Those tables were built with careless abandon or puposely built so that they could not be cleared because the slope was clogged with riders who don't look up to see if anyone is waiting to drop in from the required distance to gap the table.

Props to the crew on saturday who were filling the crater at the flat down all day long. Who were the idiots who were told to hollow out the cater more and subsequently sent a rider off on a sled shortly thereafter. And what is up with that flat down Park Crew, why was all of your time spent on that feature? Take some time with crowd control or put up a gate to the tables before someone decapitates someone because of people cutting people off.

You cant hear "drop in" from 150' above where everyone congregates. There was a small group that had the skills to clear the jump and I was told that I could not get in front of the congregation to "hold" them for the more skilled riders anymore. When my racer, yes that's right, racer, tells me that the jump was (I forget the quote) - and gets "cut off" by a rider who tells me to "get out of the way". I am in the park doing what needed to be done for the safety of everyone including waving my arms around with poles extended. Nope not allowed to do that. SUNDAYS park crew were idiots. Saturdays' were cool and seem to know what is up.

PARK PASSES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Respect gets respect. Hopefully this message is taken as constructive critisism, it was written with that intent.

On the first hit, there's always like 20-50 people just huddled together sitting on their butts and usually nobody even getting air. I usually just ski up, Yell dropping in and go. Never a problem. Was there really a fist-fight in the park? I've never seen that happen while skiing. There should be an official line not just a huge group of people sitting down. It's hard to know whose turn it is.

eh idk about the whole line idea.. but everyone sitting taking turns is a good thing.. you just make your way to the front communicate with others and call DROP and have fun watch eachother.. never sit there and just laugh and make fun of the kids who might not be as good as you.. i hate when people yell and discourage others.. i mean maybe the kids good and just trying a new trick? and who cares if he sucks we all sucked at one point so give everyone a chance.. am i right?