new park

kmar2006

ok.. the side was worked on yes but it wasnt widened to much.. belive me.. the side was removed for new air and water hydrants for the new b6's

Well, just seeing all that new grass planted there, first instinct was to think that they widened the pipe. When i hiked up there, i thought those guns looked new-they weren't familiar. Anyway, i think it's good that blue is making so much commitment to their parks/pipe. The pipe should be good this year- no doubt in my mind. :yes

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah SW, you called it right on. We at Blue had a park crue meeting tonight, and it finally became apparent that management is really serious about the park scene at Blue this year. The things they heard from riders about Bear Creek gave them an oh so necessary slap in the face, and the competition for the best park seems to be on for this season. Blue's park crue this year is going to be much more organized, they are going to have alot more say about what goes in the park, and they are going to take an active part in making all users of the park (ie those on rentals) more informed about what they should ride and what they shouldn't. This year it should be really fun to go back and forth between Blue and Bear, and see what we are doing to one up each other, while Camelback just kinda sits up there and lures in those beginner New Yorkers (thanks CB!) I love Blue and Bear and it finally seems like a decent year to be a parkrat around here.

Yeah SW, you called it right on. We at Blue had a park crue meeting tonight, and it finally became apparent that management is really serious about the park scene at Blue this year. The things they heard from riders about Bear Creek gave them an oh so necessary slap in the face, and the competition for the best park seems to be on for this season. Blue's park crue this year is going to be much more organized, they are going to have alot more say about what goes in the park, and they are going to take an active part in making all users of the park (ie those on rentals) more informed about what they should ride and what they shouldn't. This year it should be really fun to go back and forth between Blue and Bear, and see what we are doing to one up each other, while Camelback just kinda sits up there and lures in those beginner New Yorkers (thanks CB!) I love Blue and Bear and it finally seems like a decent year to be a parkrat around here.

ive always been a CB park rat.. untill the past couple years ive turned to Mountain Creek but this winter im taking a good amount of trips to blue and if i like what i see them next year im pretty sure im just gonna buy a seasons pass there... anyone know what ski resort is closest to Penn State Hazleton?

There are little ones scattered around up in that area. Elk might be closer. But where else can you "touch the sky?"

haha "Touch the Sky.. BLUE MOUNTAIN"

such a corny little slogan and commercial hahaha

EDIT: What does blues park have up right now? cause im headin there tuesday 20th.. and i just wanna know what i can look forward to

Edited by brtndominant

On monday, Blue will be opening the park. nobody knows for sure what they are going to haev in it because they are setting it up tonight and tomorrow.. i'll have to talk to some of the people that are on park crew to see what is going on. possibility that the stairs set will be out with a bow on one side and a flat rail going down the other side. the crew said there arent going to be any ride-on shit in that park so thats good and will keep people away i hope. supposedly the new 45-foot battle ship box is going to be out along with the new 40-foot downkink box... as for the old stuff that they had or rails... i'm not sure what will be out. where they widened sidewinder over the summer there is going to be a decently large jump from what has been said... and thats all i know about jumps. oh yeah, and the perminant wall ride will most likely be up for hits since it really cant go anywher....

...I also like that when the park opens, it makes the other runs less crowded, especially during night skiing. We'll have to get some pictutes of the new park on the website. :rock

unfortunately it does make the rest of the mountain less crowded... everybody and anybody seems to flock to the park because its the "cool" thing to do. i dont have people skiing it as a regular run, but it pisses everybody off when they get in out way and hit the lips onto rails like jumps.. i'm a HUGE fan of park passes but i dont think that will happen.... for now.. we'll have to deal with the school groups and other people that come in busloads and wedge up the lips and roll over them...

yeah for the most part... the only reason i am for them is because too many times people get hurt in the expert park on sidewinder and ruin it for us all. it isnt possible to progress if the park is set up like a beginner park. that is why there is a beginner park (terrain run).. i agree with you that everybody should be able to ski where they please... but its kinda like taking a beginner down challenge who gets in your way while you are trying to carve turns.. its not their place... see where i'm coming from?

I do like the guy in the liftline that makes sure that four go up at a time.

agreed... i do like the lift line guy who carries around the ski pole and makes people go up four at a time... makes the lift line go so much faster. i would rather ride up with 4 people than alone... give you more people to talk to

nice thanks for the info im headin up tuesday ill be in sidewinder prolly the whole time..

it shall be my first time EVER hitting that run.. both times i went was opening day this year and last year.. so it should be a good time

hopefully you are impressed with it... still arent sure what they are putting in it yet, but it looks promising... i'll probably be around there too after i get out of work..

i'm a HUGE fan of park passes

im with you on that toast i really think blue should get park passes. it will get all the n00bs outta the park. they should work them selfs on to sidewinder.

i mean they should be like 20 bucks extra if you get a season pass or 5 bucks for the day

park passes work, its as simple as that. PAsucks would love me for this, but look at mountain creek. you need a park pass for one of their parks there, and since they have implemented that, it keeps the crowds down. you need a pass for stratton's power park as well. not only does it keep people who shouldnt be in the park out, but it allows the mountain more freedom in what they can put in the park because of insurance reasons. when insurance companies know that everyone who will be in that park has seen a park etiquette and safety video, they are much more willing to let the area put larger features in, because they know the kids using the park are aware of what they are getting themselves into. its very similar to nastar, you have to pay a fee for that as well. setups like nastar or a more advanced park require more maintenance than a regular trail does, and more people need to be payed to work on it, so the park pass could cover the wages of those employees. it really just makes sense. you still have the lower park and the pipe that the beginners can have free reign over.

i understand that a lot of people dont want to pay to use a park. and they don't have to, thats what the lower park would be for. if you compare a pass park to a nastar course, it puts things into perspective. both require that people wait their turn til the course is clear, both require above average skiing ability, and if people are passionate and serious about wanting to ski in the advanced park, they would get a park pass. i don't know where you are getting your $20 figure from; stratton's park pass doesn't cost anything, you just have to watch the park safety video, and its good for the season. no extra cost to the skier/rider, but its just enough of a hassle to keep the weekend wedger from getting a 540 stomped on their head and then suing the ski area because of it. regardless of whether the safety videos do anything or not, they give the mountains a little more leeway from an insurance standpoint to put more advanced features in the park. i can't think of anyone that i have skied with that wouldn't go watch a 20 minute video at the beginning of the season if it meant that we wouldnt have to worry nearly as much about being cut off or landing on some 70 year old lady because she decided it was a brilliant idea to ski straight across the trail right as someone was about to take off from the lip of a jump. also from the mountain's standpoint, the park would require less upkeep because the people in there would know how and how not to hit the given features. ultimately, this post is a waste of everyone's time, though, because until the mountain falls under new ownership, there won't be a park pass.