Blues park

wuzDATurSteezermine

how bout that booter tho its pretty nuts tho.i watched a bunch of my friends clear it last nite. and one even 360 it one time.i was even thinking of hitting it but i forgot how to ride so i left.

badass- i saw ur car last nite when i was pulling in to the bottom lot. i must say that is a nice grand am.

Yeah, the booter is insane, I can't wait to hit it. They put a roller in right before it last nite so hopefully u can pick up even more speed. They measured it today - I think it's roughly 30ish ft. They want it to be 60. Ha.

n thx for the props on my car. u should see it in the summer when it's all clean n rollin on 19s. ;x

Where'd they move the disco box to?

It's being fixed. There was a giant chunk taken out from the end on the right side. Stoopid people.

alright.. so some of the things i said were a little childish, i'll admit that, but i'm being serious when i do say this, and i'm not trying to be an asshole allthougth i did come across as one.. i dont see them doing much.. yea i know the conditions have been shit but thats why your supposed to be dedicated, you dont get payed to ride all day, you get payed to work, where i used to work.. if you got caught slacking off you were gone, no questions asked, but tahts not the point. so i have seen them maybe once or twice in the morning, rarely though, i know its hard to do the work at night, because everythings shot by the end of the day, but thats when the "dedication" comes into play, its your job, so at least put an effort. and i know they are not out there night after night till 5 or 6. i talk to danny on a regular basis, hes the one out there, its hard enough for him to even get keith who is in charge to show up to that he can come with to help him, thats what i KNOW... of course theres a lot i dont know, but dont tell me i'm completely unjustified and ignorant. thats just being rude yourself because you have no clue who i am and we're talking over a computer for gosh sakes, i feel retarded because we're fighting over this but everyone has there own justifiable reasons i'm sure. but why dont any of us try to do something about the park? like band together and write letters and get this shit figured out so are park doesn't get left in the dust. its the fact that everyone has something to say but no one will go to say denis and say something to him... i know my one friend sent an e-mail to him about the park and then denis was going to take his season pass? now what is that? the fact that we bicker over this bullshit when ludacris stuff like that is happening is unbelievable... but if we all fight it.. we might get somewhere? am i not correct? let me know what you guys think... because obviously one persons opinion isn't good enough... and we cant just go back and forth fighting with each other... its dumb, and imature.. like 8 year olds fighting about which super hero is better, lets make it better and prove we're better ... thats all i guess..

okay, ur right, I don't know who u are or who u know, but when ur talkin trash on my friends, I'm gonna defend them since noone else can. n u say those on Park Crue ride all day while getting paid? Wrong. Get ur facts straight, esp since u seem to know Danny, u should also know that they're only getting paid for the hours when they're actually working. So if our friend, Jonny, is at Blue from 8-4, but only puts in 2 hrs of work - he's only getting paid for 2 hrs, not 8.

Yes, Danny usually is the guy out there in the wee hours of the nite, but others show up too. I can think of 3 off the top of my head. Keith is out there enough as well.

'band together so the park doesn't get lost in the dust..' are u crazy? They're constantly coming up with new ideas, thinking of ways to improve it.. If u went today u'd have seen that they stuck a roller in after the c-box before the big booter so u can get even more speed. Write emails n fight it? Fight WHAT? The park has improved SO MUCH this season, it's up there with BC's - n they're not in competition. But u know what they say, can't please everyone. Rather than saying, 'oh wow the park is soo much better this yr, check out _____ n ______ ' it's 'we need to fight!! n write emails!! n leave rakes out!' yeah, right - somebody already said it - do u know how much of a danger/liability it would be to leave rakes out?? 1 of our own cut his face open n needed stitches from the rake. All u need is some kid to forget to put the rake back to wherever it came from.. think of that. When little children are riding thru the park, n ppl who just mosey on thru n avoid all the jumps/rails.. it'll never happen. Ever. Bad bad bad idea. *sigh*

I'm not fighting or arguing with u, just stating what I know, n just that I thought some of what u had said was completely uncalled for. Don't tell me *I* was the 1 who was being rude. My comments were far from ignorant. Thanks.

Edited by BadassBunny

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the booter is insane, I can't wait to hit it. They put a roller in right before it last nite so hopefully u can pick up even more speed. They measured it today - I think it's roughly 30ish ft. They want it to be 60. Ha.

n thx for the props on my car. u should see it in the summer when it's all clean n rollin on 19s. ;x

damn are u in a car club?

n leave rakes out!' yeah, right - somebody already said it - do u know how much of a danger/liability it would be to leave rakes out??

bc does leave rakes out but they are on the sides of the park.

1 of our own cut his face open n needed stitches from the rake.

yea i remember that i saw him fall what happened did he get cut off?

Edited by forumdestroyer154

I know one thing that I see that is consistently missing from all parks and that is what I would call "tenders" with as much traffic as our parks are getting and with the size of the park crews. When I am in a park, I would expect to see some one with a rake or shovel in their hands at any given time and that is what I an not see consistently.

To me it is not any different than when a gate goes down on a race course, it is put back up. If a feature is trashed to craters and rutted in runs, I think they should be fixed, right away. I don't think the park crue job is a glamor job, the majority of the work that needs to be done is maintenance and that is hard labor. Nobody in their right mind (unless they like shovels and rakes) should want that job.

These are my observations, not intended to hate or say that someone is not doing their job, only to say that the parks as they become more popular, need subsequently more attention. The same complaints are consistent on this board and others.

Yo man we are really tryin' this year. There were a couple guys that were already let go from the park crew because they were riding instead of working, or thats what I heard anyway. I definitely do agree that people need to send e-mails, the more Dennis gets about the park, then the bigger a priority the park will be made. But sending e-mails that say, "Park crew sucks, they don't do their jobs, all they do is ride" are pointless and will just put the wheels of progress into reverse. I'm scheduled from 4-8pm friday, saturday, and sunday nights, and I bust my ass man. Do you have any idea how much that shift sucks on a regular basis? Like bunny said, I don't get paid the 4 hours, we just get paid for each run through the park that we make, which if you take your time and do it right takes about an hour or two. I usually make two runs through in a shift, if not more. I don't take my skis out with me unless we don't have the snowmobile and I have to take the lift to get to Sidewinder. What we usually do is shovel and rake the lips and landings, chalk and salt them, and then make sure that the feature is as safe as it can be given snow conditions and the amount of traffic using it. You can imagine how difficult it is to fix some of the features and keep them maintained on a busy Friday night or Sunday afternoon. Some of the holes in the lower park are all but impossible to fix, but we often do the best that we can with them. One of the reasons you don't always see people in the park is that the Park Crew is currently being taken from Blue Mountains instructors. If it is a busy day, and the ski and board schools are packed then we have to come out of the park and teach. I don't really understand it myself, but am not really in any position to change it or complain about it. We are not allowed to leave shovels and rakes out for a few different reasons. Among them being that there is a good chance they would be used irresponsibly, and as has been said, its all about liability. I don't really know what else to say man. If you've been riding at Blue longer than 3 years then like many other riders up here you would appreciate the vast improvements that have been made, and would have certainly heard of the snails pace at which this place progresses in terms of the freeride scene. Hopefully you'll see park crew more, and if you do, let em know what needs to be fixed because not a whole lot of them surf PASR.

By the way the park is awesome right now. Lips are butter, landings are soft, and there is no one here :P

Dennis is the head mountain manager. People might debate this because depending on what time of day it is or what day it is there are two different managers on duty, one for the mountain, and one for the lodges. But Dennis is pretty much second in charge. Anything we want approved has to first pass through Dennis. He also gets all the e-mails about the park, and anything else a customer feels is worth writing down and sending.

I leave for Italy the 31st of January. I'll be working pretty much from then until February 27th, and I don't know anything about how much time I'll have to ski. I got my assignment in the mail the other day, and the main venue that I'll be working is the Freestyle Skiing venue, and since I'll be in the mountains I'll probably be working some of the other venues up in the hills as well. After the 27th I'm staying in Europe for the first part of March and I'm gonna try to hit as many hills as I can in Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and maybe France.