Blues park

wuzDATurSteezermine

park passes work well at mt. creek... why cant they at blue? i've been hit by little out of control kids waiting to hit a rail... i dont like huge bruises on my back.. haha do you? anyway... Denis finally realized a park needs to be up to date and its a must at any mountain. Why has it taken years for him to realize this? maybe because he doesnt know how to do his job? quite possibly but thats coming from me who didn't go to school cause i was going to be a groomer this year and he def. screwed me over and keeps making up excuses everytiem i talk to him. but thats not the case. After 3 years of drawing pictures and everything else of how the park should be because when you spend weeks in whistler every year, it grows on you ... the finally decide to do something about the park... finally.. lets see how it turns out come monday or tuesday... if you guys have any suggestions.. let me know i can write them down and let danny know...

Locals 4eva haha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supposedly Dennis Krell Sr's exact words from that he said during a meeting regarding the park were "I want to beat Bear this year"... or something along those lines...

heres suggestions:

1) on the first straitaway on sidewinder there should be rails and no jumps because its too damn windy there and its easier to control yourself on a rail than it is in the air.

2) jumps that have two or more options.... like how the jump in the lower park is now...

3) long landing so people dont flat bottom on everything like last year

4) no ride-on rails

supposedly Dennis Krell Sr's exact words from that he said during a meeting regarding the park were "I want to beat Bear this year"... or something along those lines...

heres suggestions:

1) on the first straitaway on sidewinder there should be rails and no jumps because its too damn windy there and its easier to control yourself on a rail than it is in the air.

2) jumps that have two or more options.... like how the jump in the lower park is now...

3) long landing so people dont flat bottom on everything like last year

4) no ride-on rails

yea... like i said.. we'll see what happens i suppose i dont believe anything till i see it at blue... to many rumors haha

park passes work well at mt. creek... why cant they at blue? i've been hit by little out of control kids waiting to hit a rail... i dont like huge bruises on my back.. haha do you? anyway... Denis finally realized a park needs to be up to date and its a must at any mountain. Why has it taken years for him to realize this? maybe because he doesnt know how to do his job? quite possibly but thats coming from me who didn't go to school cause i was going to be a groomer this year and he def. screwed me over and keeps making up excuses everytiem i talk to him. but thats not the case. After 3 years of drawing pictures and everything else of how the park should be because when you spend weeks in whistler every year, it grows on you ... the finally decide to do something about the park... finally.. lets see how it turns out come monday or tuesday... if you guys have any suggestions.. let me know i can write them down and let danny know...

Locals 4eva haha

welcome jon... its mike.....

<---Does all the hosting at Blue Mountain, sorry Zach :nana It's usually better if the host is the ahead of the group :rofl

Sidewinder opens tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it, as much as I'm a park hater, people have witnessed me getting airborn in the lower park, and I plan on doing so in the sidwinder park... :yes

Hmmm, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't think Blue has even a remote chance of beating BC this year. Having skied Blue last year (assuming it hasn't changed all that much) and just skiing BC on Friday they would have a looooooot of work to do, starting with a lot more jibs and better set up. I'm not trying to become a PAsucks iwith respect to BC vs MC, but BC itself has stepped it this year. Their new jump line is pretty monstous with 50 foot+ landings and that U-box is sooooooooo fun. This challenge is good though, b/c both parks will benefit.

Boo on your suggestion for no jumps on the first straight-away. That second table-top was the best jump in there last season. Why no ride on rails? I hope there are at least 5 places to get air and hopefully enough space between the features to get enough speed to availd flat landings.

lets think about this a little bit...

1) no jumps on the first straight-away... would you rather land on nicely groomed soft snow or an icy wind-blown landing when you have no control in the air because of random husts of wind coming up the face..... i choose the soft snow. and the second table was on the second straight-away... the first table that you are thinking of was for the drop rail that they took down halfway through the season.

2) why no ride on rails? believe it or not, ride on lips for rails are easy and dont require as much skill as an actual gap would. try spinning onto a rail that is ride on as opposed to one that that has a nice 3+ foot gap and a nice lip..... a little easier than the ride-on crap.

3) enough space between the features to get enough speed to avoid flat landings??? you had plenty of speed to hit the jumps last year if you just skated in a little bit (except for the first hit on sidewinder because wind was always being blasted in your face... see #1) and landing flat has nothing to do with lack of speed... i think you might be refering to "decking out" which is when you dont have enough speed... and believe me.. that shouldnt happen on any of the jumps that were built last year.

Hmmm, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't think Blue has even a remote chance of beating BC this year. Having skied Blue last year (assuming it hasn't changed all that much) and just skiing BC on Friday they would have a looooooot of work to do, starting with a lot more jibs and better set up. I'm not trying to become a PAsucks iwith respect to BC vs MC, but BC itself has stepped it this year. Their new jump line is pretty monstous with 50 foot+ landings and that U-box is sooooooooo fun. This challenge is good though, b/c both parks will benefit.

it may not be better this year... give it time... but at least they will try and actually care this year... whats the worst that could happen? two amazing parks at Blue and Bear... i like the sound of that!

Edited by toast21602

i shall be there tuesday and i am lookin forward to the park being open.. first time ever hitting the park there..

anyways... i will be at blue the 5th as well for the PASR day im not so sure about the BC one this sat

Ridge, nipples and I will be rolling in about 6pm Tuesday night, we plan on RT on the 23rd for a rail jam then BC on 24th, then CB for Christmas!

Ridge, nipples and I will be rolling in about 6pm Tuesday night, we plan on RT on the 23rd for a rail jam then BC on 24th, then CB for Christmas!

alright nice well if you guys go through sidewinder at all rippin it up in the park im pretty sure ill end up running into you once again haha

Changes to the park should be coming sometime this week before this coming weekend. There is talk of putting a left curving C rail on the hip right after the battleship rail, another step down style jump after the wallride, and a few other things. A few new rails are also in the future.

Changes to the park should be coming sometime this week before this coming weekend. There is talk of putting a left curving C rail on the hip right after the battleship rail, another step down style jump after the wallride, and a few other things. A few new rails are also in the future.

i hope the c-rail goes in and the downkink rail.. see ya there tomorrow trevor

hmm any idea on the new rails?

Guest jeenyus2690

blue is going to try and beat bear in the terain park!haha yeh right first off blue is way to windy and theres too many turns second off its so freakin icy its not even funny third bears terrain park crew knows what they are doing and are on the mtn all day long unlike blues crew whose not even dedicated bears terrain park isnt even fully built yet and its stll better blue has like 10 rails total bear has atleast 16 out with 10 more on the side or being made its plain and simple, there is no comparism bear is so much better o and i forgot ur halfpipe is like 5 ft high and levels off hah