It'll tickle your innerds

skimom

I wouldn't be too quick to crank your bindings just because of a pre-release (although that's pretty hypocritical 'cause mine are always at 14).

But what seems like a pre-release can be the binding doing it's job...you can hit a small rut in just a certain way that creates a ton of tork that you don't feel. Spend a lot of time in moguls and you'll sometimes just seem to step right out of your bindings. But if you see it on video, you realize what really happened.

Bode Miller had a GS run earlier this season where he came out of a ski in a fairly tame turn. In slow-mo, though, you can see he had stepped into a rut diagonally and it sucked his ski right off.

Any shop is capable of doing a quick test for you.

I wouldn't be too quick to crank your bindings just because of a pre-release (although that's pretty hypocritical 'cause mine are always at 14).

But what seems like a pre-release can be the binding doing it's job...you can hit a small rut in just a certain way that creates a ton of tork that you don't feel. Spend a lot of time in moguls and you'll sometimes just seem to step right out of your bindings. But if you see it on video, you realize what really happened.

Bode Miller had a GS run earlier this season where he came out of a ski in a fairly tame turn. In slow-mo, though, you can see he had stepped into a rut diagonally and it sucked his ski right off.

Any shop is capable of doing a quick test for you.

Ski, that's exactly what I told him. I keep mine 8-10, and they don't pop off EVER while I'm ripping hard turns, and I can put alot of pressure on a binding. However, I was going about 10mph one time at Blue, tried to kick avoid a snowboarder, i looked down and I was missing my ski. I had to have hit a rut and just lost it without feeling it. It is the binding doing its job. At 200lbs, a binding at 6.5 won't even pre-release. For your own safety, keep it around 8.

Thanks for all the advice guys. My din was at 8 when I went down. I guess I'm just paranoid because I would have been able to avoid that fence if I had my skis or even one ski on my feet. I was still in my turn tuck when I hit the fence. Seeing as I'm 5'9" I'm pretty short to be cranking up my din, but I am 200 pounds. I lean hard forward in all my turns. real hard. I'm thinking of cranking it to 10. Also, like I said, I'm going to have my forward pressure checked. I feel much better again today. Instead of my entire upper body feeling like bruised and battered mush I just feel the individual aches now. I think I'll be making it back to the snow very soon. I can't wait. Until then I'm going to get strong... even stronger. See you all on snow soon.

Is the 999let or the Larick squad going to Loon?

Strong possibility - We will be back from Steamboat and that might be another fun race to go to after the Nastar Finals. The USSA stuff ends 5 weeks early comapritively so I believe that Ridge will still want to race so we will see.. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE RECREATIONAL RACES WHO KNOW HOW TO KEEP THINGS FUN and keep the season extended!

It had gates, but they were close to one below the other. The racer didn't have to turn sharply to get around them.

Says you, I was scared to death :woot I thought for sure I was going to wipe out the timing light..

Edited by Papasteeze