How bout that gnarly new rail

SkiNaziSockboy

The rollercoaster was ok, but its too curvy for my liking.

The thing that pisses my off is that BC has still not really put out a single good RAIL this year. All they have is some circus boxes and that urban bar (which i HATE). The only other rails they have are those two tiny ones in the beginner park. They have the down rails, kinks, etc. all sitting on the side.

I did the rollercoaster, i think its pretty fun. You gotta watch out for that second knuckle though haha that thing will buck you hard. The transition between the 2 humps is really tight, the key to getting the whole rail is pumping. If you pump the transition its easy. It would be alot more nice though if it was a little more mellow and a little wider. If anyone has ever seen the roller coaster box from the mtn lab park, that thing is amazing. I wish they would put out some of the standard old classic rails out as well though, like the big flat down that would be sawwwwweet.

The thing that pisses my off is that BC has still not really put out a single good RAIL this year. All they have is some circus boxes and that urban bar (which i HATE). The only other rails they have are those two tiny ones in the beginner park. They have the down rails, kinks, etc. all sitting on the side.

I don't know, that S-rail was set up PERFECT and stayed that way b/c everyone too scared to hit it. It slid beautifully too.

:blink: The urban rail is awesome. All the little kiddies stay away from it.

The rollercoaster had a gap open in the middle and was screwing people up... It is tight if you are just trying to 50/50 the thing, but I think the proper strategy for success is to ride up and olly to boardslide the first hump then boardslide it the rest of the way. Saw one guy working this out and almost had it licked. The other was 50/50 the first hump then transition to boardslide at the bottom trough, seemed more difficult that way though.

The dragontail (aka reverse rainbow, etc) was being hit by almost everyone. Some sick bastard was front-flipping off the end -- how exactly does one even begin to try pulling that -- I digress... Anyhow, many 50/50's and boardslides going down over there. Almost impossible to get stuck at the top (on-ramp) so it was a little easier on the learning curve.

yo true dat, they are f*n assholes for doin that to us. they jus let em sit there to tease us cuz we wanna ride the good rails, not those dinky peices of tin that are set up. but i do have to say the rinbow rail and the snake rail are pretty sick. i giv mad props to anyone including myself who can hit the whole snake rail.

The rollercoaster had a gap open in the middle and was screwing people up... It is tight if you are just trying to 50/50 the thing, but I think the proper strategy for success is to ride up and olly to boardslide the first hump then boardslide it the rest of the way. Saw one guy working this out and almost had it licked. The other was 50/50 the first hump then transition to boardslide at the bottom trough, seemed more difficult that way though.

The dragontail (aka reverse rainbow, etc) was being hit by almost everyone. Some sick bastard was front-flipping off the end -- how exactly does one even begin to try pulling that -- I digress... Anyhow, many 50/50's and boardslides going down over there. Almost impossible to get stuck at the top (on-ramp) so it was a little easier on the learning curve.

man how could some dude go and ruin a perfectly good lookn grind by doin a gay ass flip off it. watever happend to jus like 270'n out or landn fakie. this is jus my opinion but i think flips are jus flat out pointless. they dont look good unless u r fuckn ross powers or bjorn liens or some of them bulls. any amature that tries them should jus stop cuz its annoying to watch some kid do a shitty lookn flip wit no spin or good grab and no style watsoever. can i get and amen from anyone out there???

I totally agree with u man flips are so goofy, and so much people at bc are doin umm. Every1 needa to chill wit that goffy ass shit. It's not even sick

I totally agree with u man flips are so goofy, and so much people at bc are doin umm. Every1 needa to chill wit that goffy ass shit. It's not even sick

That has been a debate everywhere that I don't understand. I guess if I could flip off of something I would. But until that time, I tend to think that anyone who thinks that flips on the snow is goofy is just jealous that they can't do them. Laid out backflips on skis are old school stylish.

That has been a debate everywhere that I don't understand. I guess if I could flip off of something I would. But until that time, I tend to think that anyone who thinks that flips on the snow is goofy is just jealous that they can't do them. Laid out backflips on skis are old school stylish.

jealous? anybody can throw themselves backwards and see where it gets them. its not the jealousy factor. its all about style. they are ugly. plain and simple. i would rather see a huge 180 with a grab over a hucked out backflip anyday.

no they are lame. while watching ski movies you rarely see a backflip unless its a crazy backcountry booter with shitloads of snow. you see cab 9s and 10s with double grabs because flips are lame and dont require skill.

if i wanted to do a flip i would try one. but they suck. and you know it.

flipping off of a rail is a completely different story though

flips are lame and dont require skill.

<_< Flips most certainly require skill. Its not just hucking off the lip. And then when you start to throw in spins for rodeos, underflips, etc... it requires tons of skills and balls.

If they didn't require skill everyone would do them...which they don't.

<_< Flips most certainly require skill. Its not just hucking off the lip. And then when you start to throw in spins for rodeos, underflips, etc... it requires tons of skills and balls.

If they didn't require skill everyone would do them...which they don't.

if you havent noticed everyone can do flips..thats y they require no skill. making them look nice is whats not easy. anyone who can grow a pair is able to spend 3 runs hucking themselves and possess the skill to land a backflip. it doesn't mean it will look nice, but it's nothing more then having the guts to do it.

if you havent noticed everyone can do flips..thats y they require no skill. making them look nice is whats not easy. anyone who can grow a pair is able to spend 3 runs hucking themselves and possess the skill to land a backflip. it doesn't mean it will look nice, but it's nothing more then having the guts to do it.

Replace every instance of the word "flip" with the word "spin" in what you just posted. Both don't require a ton of skill to do, but to do them well and consistantly does.

I can't do that shit, so i'm not gonna talk down on anyone who can. I think he's got it nailed^ people are just jealous. Hell, i know i am- i wish i had the balls to try that shit.

As for the rails not being on the hill that you want to hit, have you looked at our base lately, theres your answer.

Also, any trick looks good if you take time to control ur style and everything else, id agree that straight flips are easy, but they arent ugly, unless you just huck it, then its ugly