The Big Race

steezy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my offical challenge papa. Im challenging you to a race down a Camelback trail. Sometime next weekend.

Let me know what you think..... :wiggle

Here is what I think.

You must register at Nastar, it is free - http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=register Then select PASR as your club team and Camelback as your Resort Team - and then and only then, on a timed gated course (Nastar) If I beat you, the prize will be to hold a parking spot in the front lot every morning for 2 weekends until 7:45am for me otherwise - no race - if you win, I will concede that I am lazy and you are not and that you are entitled to park up front with out hassle from me. ;)

Here is what I think.

You must register at Nastar, it is free - http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=register Then select PASR as your club team and Camelback as your Resort Team - and then and only then, on a timed gated course (Nastar) If I beat you, the prize will be to hold a parking spot in the front lot every morning for 2 weekends until 7:45am for me otherwise - no race - if you win, I will concede that I am lazy and you are not and that you are entitled to park up front with out hassle from me. ;)

Why should he have to stipulate all of these specifics? This is the showdown at the OK corral...all you need is the time/date. The place has been determined. And, we will be watching. :)

Why should he have to stipulate all of these specifics? This is the showdown at the OK corral...all you need is the time/date. The place has been determined. And, we will be watching. :)

I checked the official rule book and 'Mom is correct. The challenger was unspecific in the type of race, so it falls back to a NASTAR as the default venue. There are no separate mandatory conditions allowed, but certain "requests" can be made.

Nice skimom, I agree with you on this. I dont like to race gates, not that I wont, but its travling the same line that alot of other people have already skied. I see no fun in that. Papa, if the resort allwoed we would go back counrty... I that is a real race....

So papa, anytime next weekend on any trail( no nastar because I dont have any money to regester) any time...

papa: so you get a parking spot.... what do I get...... nothing

Nice skimom, I agree with you on this. I dont like to race gates, not that I wont, but its travling the same line that alot of other people have already skied. I see no fun in that. Papa, if the resort allwoed we would go back counrty... I that is a real race....

So papa, anytime next weekend on any trail( no nastar because I dont have any money to regester) any time...

I knew it! He won't race because it's boring and costs $5! Hahahah! I'll send ya $5!

Sounds like Rob is about to be declared the WINNER. Oh, well, I lost that bet.

I'll pay your entry fee, I wanna see this race go down. It's time to put up or shut up. If it's so boring and easy then show rob whats up... A backcountry race is just silly especially at CB.

There are no separate mandatory conditions allowed, but certain "requests" can be made.

Yes there are, because the race is about who is the laziest. It started over employees parking up top.

( no nastar because I dont have any money to regester)

I'll pay the $5 - hell, I would pay for preferred parking every day!!

What do you get if you win? You get to tell everyone how you are not lazy and that I am afterall that is what this race is about right? It is/was your challenge.

Sounds like Rob is about to be declared the WINNER. Oh, well, I lost that bet.

I don't get it.. Why would anybody want to race anybody with out a clock? Straightlining? Volkl wins I concede, I am lazy. :)

Back Country :rofl I tell you what Volkl.. I have SnowCat lined up (Nips and Ridge are booked too) at Keystone for Feb 13th. Be there! If that doesn't work we probably could do something outa Steamboat for the end of March. I probably will be in Tahoe directly after the boat however, Crud skiing in Cali is not my thing, back country.... hahahahahaha

I'll pay your entry fee, I wanna see this race go down. It's time to put up or shut up. If it's so boring and easy then show rob whats up... A backcountry race is just silly especially at CB.

If Volklfreeskier backs out, then he owes Rob a big apology. That's in the official rule book, too.

We do need a better incentive besides bragging rights, especially if Rob is demanding a reserved spot by volkl. The stipulations do seem strange though. Either you want to settle this in the gates or not. What does this have to do with the PASR nastar team?

What does this have to do with the PASR nastar team?

Nothing really, but since the only way to race is with a clock and since once you register with Nastar and since he is a participating (wanting to race) member here, I thought I would add the caveat that he add himself to the PASR nastar team and contribute some more points to our score. No biggie.

BTW - I signed up some friends to the PASR Nastar team. Some of you that were at the BC PASR day last year may remember AJ - well his sister, is a racer, and a USASA 1/2 pipe champ all at 5 years old!

No biggie? You're taking away his freedom of choice.

WOW - there must really be something that I am missing.. What is the problem with joining The PASR club team.? Why would anybody on this Message board who also has a Nastar number, not want to do that? (unless you are already a member of another club)

MY thought was that if he can beat me on the Nastar course then he probably will contribute more points to the PASR team average than I do and then everyone is happy! :woot

WOW - there must really be something that I am missing.. What is the problem with joining The PASR club team.? Why would anybody on this Message board who also has a Nastar number, not want to do that? (unless you are already a member of another club)

MY thought was that if he can beat me on the Nastar course then he probably will contribute more points to the PASR team average than I do and then everyone is happy! :woot

The problem I have heard from a number of people is exsessive badgering about it. We all heard "join the pasr club team" once..then again then again then agian....well you get the idea.

If they want to they will. Everyone knows it exsists, trust me

I'll race for parking spots... :devil: damn, I'll race for bragging rights. I have officially entered this challenge under my own free will for no good reason other than pride. I do have to agree, however that the format should be nastar. Otherwise physics just take over. The heaviest person (most likely me) on the longest skis (whoever the biggest gear whore is, need I strap on the 230 Salomon DH skis?) would easily win a straight run. It takes actual skill and technique to race gates. Even if the current participants choose to exclude me, I will be auctioning off the DH skis to the highest bidder... :nana

How about ...

Papa wins:

Volkl apologizes, sets his Nastar team to pasr, and must accept all verbal abuse (within good taste, at moderators discretion) about being a lazy CB employee.

Volkl wins:

Papa must apologize, is prohibited from making any negative comments about ANY CB employee for the season, and must accept all verbal abuse (again within good taste) about being a lazy customer.

How about ...

Papa wins:

Volkl apologizes, sets his Nastar team to pasr, and must accept all verbal abuse (within good taste, at moderators discretion) about being a lazy CB employee. and never has to race nastar again to shut papa up

Volkl wins:

Papa must apologize, is prohibited from making any negative comments about ANY CB employee for the season, and must accept all verbal abuse (again within good taste) about being a lazy customer. and can never ever ever comment about parking spots, anywhere, ever again

Im defentely entering now, I thought that the entry fee was alot more than 5 dollars... sat sometime

I will try to get some free time during the middle of the day

btw Im not using a speed suit just regular stuff... I will prolly take my jacket off though idk.....I have never done gates but Im sure I will do good... this should be fun

How many pratice runs do we each get ?

Edited by Volklfreeskier