The Big Race

steezy

Im defentely entering now, I thought that the entry fee was alot more than 5 dollars... sat sometime

I will try to get some free time during the middle of the day

btw Im not using a speed suit just regular stuff... I will prolly take my jacket off though idk.....I have never done gates but Im sure I will do good... this should be fun

How many pratice runs do we each get ?

Nastar runs from 1-3PM on raceway...I would get there at 1, or you will be stuck behind the development team. Register ealier in the day in the West Caff. (ski school desk there) Volkl, I'm sure Papa can sign as your legal guardian if you need it :P

$5 gets you 2 runs, 10 gets you unlimited...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nastar runs for a few hours, with $5 you get 2 runs. With $10 you get unlimited runs. Best run of the day counts as "competition" run.

The results will be posted online, so just let us know what your name (or alias) will be.

Im defentely entering now, I thought that the entry fee was alot more than 5 dollars... sat sometime

I will try to get some free time during the middle of the day

btw Im not using a speed suit just regular stuff... I will prolly take my jacket off though idk.....I have never done gates but Im sure I will do good... this should be fun

Hey, props to you Volkl, I thought for sure you'd bail.

Everyone knows it exsists, trust me

Trust you and you not acknowledging that the membership here has tripled since The PASR NASTAR Club was formed? Absolutely not..... Volkl - his home mountain and a CB employee and an instructor doesn't even know Nastar registration details.. Just cause you are sick of reading it, doesn't mean that others aren't seeing it for the first time. I never went back through old posts when I signed on. Get over it! I am on a mission to help CB with things like sending employees to an employee lot. I hope they make it the lot closest to the lodge, which is essentially what it is. :lol:

How about ...

Volkl wins:

Papa must apologize, is prohibited from making any negative comments about ANY CB employee for the season,

I can not accept those terms, especially in light that an instructor is not aware of the details of a recreational racing program offered at his home mountain. Besides - My negative comments are geared towards constructive critisism. (pssst. so you know, I have been thanked for some of them privately) Overall, I am very happy with CB - there is just so much room for improvement. Change the terms. This is my forum too!! Besides CB is my home mountain - I don't critisize other mountains, only my own. That's the different drummer thing... :)

Yeah - I thought he did too. Good Luck Volkl - Saturday was looking sketchy for my attendance due to nipples wanting to go to a school dance. I THINK he has changed his mind in light of a discussion about his finals in Killington.

Rob, NASTAR handicapping is wildly inconsitent and erratic. Getting "noticed" by the PASR Team? Comparing results from different days and different courses doesn't work. Last season, BC didn't even have a certified pacesetter...they just made up their own official handicap. And at some mountains, the pacesetter doesn't even ski---they have one of the race kids take his run for him and let him use the pacesetter's handicap. It's totally against NASTAR rules, but it's status quo at a number of resorts.

But who cares? NASTAR is just a fun race. It's the dopes trying to turn it into a profit for themselves that take the fun out of recreational racing.

BTW, I heard from your kids how much you want to beat me. They cheered and scoffed at me when they thought you'd beaten me at JF; one actually laughed and danced :rofl Well, according to NASTAR HC's, you have a far superior HC than me...something like 10 points! Jeez, I'd have to be crazy to ever race a speed demon like you.

But nobody outside of the PASR "Team" would ever give a flying crap about our team standings. I don't understand why you'd badger Doug about it. Badger him about his white-boy rapping, but pressuring him to join a "Team" for silly reasons is goofy.

Jeez - ski - you do know how to take the FUN outa things. PASR is the first "club" that I have felt really good about. There can/could be a real racing team with in PASR someday to go to the ASRA or masters stuff. But with that attitude..... There are a bunch of racers here and with them all pooled - I am sure that we would score well amongst the bazillion other club teams. Why not be positive and progress and try to build something rather than..

Skiing is an individual sport, no doubt. But joining team, especially a winning team helps everyone excel, or so I would think. When you say "no one would give a flying crap about our team" ... I just don't understand why you degrade such a large national program like that.

What the hey is the matter with forming a team and getting people to join it? Why not. The only negative I can see is that someone might get teased because someones handicap is better? Isn't that the whole idea of why at each race you try and go a little faster.

Jeez - ski - you do know how to take the FUN outa things. PASR is the first "club" that I have felt really good about. There can/could be a real racing team with in PASR someday to go to the ASRA or masters stuff. But with that attitude..... There are a bunch of racers here and with them all pooled - I am sure that we would score well amongst the bazillion other club teams. Why not be positive and progress and try to build something rather than..

Skiing is an individual sport, no doubt. But joining team, especially a winning team helps everyone excel, or so I would think. When you say "no one would give a flying crap about our team" ... I just don't understand why you degrade such a large national program like that.

What the hey is the matter with forming a team and getting people to join it? Why not. The only negative I can see is that someone might get teased because someones handicap is better? Isn't that the whole idea of why at each race you try and go a little faster.

To be clear: "But nobody outside of the PASR "Team" would ever give a flying crap about our team standings." If you are going to quote me, then don't make up quotes, Rob. Do you care about the "D-Team Trollhaugens"?

PASR people already do go to ASRA and Masters events. You don't and never will.

And it's ME that takes the fun out of NASTAR? I guess you weren't around the MB or Blue Mountain last Thursday. I think we all had a lot of fun with it. IMO, that's the epitome of a NASTAR night: a little trash talk, then going head to head with friends. Not who is the 5-yr.-old National Champion, or claims of pipeline to the US Ski Team....

Edited by ski999

So Doug vs. Metz on Thursday at Blue? Sort of a battle for redemtion? There needs to be a case of beer or bottle of something riding on it.

And it's Volkl vs. Rob on Saturday at CB? That's interesting because there's some history going on. That's just a good, stright-up challenge...no booze needed.

Do I have that straight?

Trust you and you not acknowledging that the membership here has tripled since The PASR NASTAR Club was formed? Absolutely not..... Volkl - his home mountain and a CB employee and an instructor doesn't even know Nastar registration details.. Just cause you are sick of reading it, doesn't mean that others aren't seeing it for the first time. I never went back through old posts when I signed on. Get over it! I am on a mission to help CB with things like sending employees to an employee lot. I hope they make it the lot closest to the lodge, which is essentially what it is. :lol:

Everyone knows the PASR Nastar team exsists...Thats what I was saying. I am sick of reading "And join the PASR nastar club team after you register"

You know who else is sick of reading it? Everyone whos not on it, because they don't like to feel pressured into joining it.

You know who else is sick of reading it? Everyone whos not on it, because they don't like to feel pressured into joining it.

I'm not on it, and I have absolutely no inclination to join. Suprisingly, I'm not frothing at the mouth for Rob to stop posting about it. Maybe it's becuase I can ignore it. I suggest you guys try the same approach.

You all sound like the people at the CB board who are moaning because too many people have PASR in their signatures.

I'm not on it, and I have absolutely no inclination to join. Suprisingly, I'm not frothing at the mouth for Rob to stop posting about it. Maybe it's becuase I can ignore it. I suggest you guys try the same approach.

You all sound like the people at the CB board who are moaning because too many people have PASR in their signatures.

Good thought. It just sucks that I have been told by atleast 3 Nastar members who are on this site a lot that they would join it, but they stated that the constant badgering is the ONLY thing keeping them from signing up for it.

Like people have said on the CB board (whether its true or not) if you post a little about it, people may be more interested in looking (or in this case joining)...if you post everyother topic on it, then they will be sick of it and blow it off.

IMO

It just sucks that I have been told by atleast 3 Nastar members who are on this site a lot that they would join it, but they stated that the constant badgering is the ONLY thing keeping them from signing up for it.

IMO

hahahaa - no they wouldn't - I am just an easy target to blame for whatever the real reason is they won't join.

They are already members of another team.

They just don't like me asking them to do anything.

They don't want their real name given out?

They don't want to see themselves ranked?

There are only 2 members that I badger - our newest racing post wh0r3, dugout and volklfreeskier - but that was in acceptance of some type of challenge - so really there is only one.

Rob, I almost bought my new BMW at a local dealer, but because the salesman was constantly annoying me, calling me on the cell phone constantly, asking if I was ready to order, I got so sick of him, that I went to another car dealership to order the car, where I wasn't constantly bothered about if I was ready. He understood that I was shopping around, and I told I'll let him know in a few weeks. I hate being pressured, and I know alot of people do to. :)

your not buying anything silly, you are checking a box that can be unchecked... duh

Principle. People just hate being pressured to do anything. If my room is a mess, I'm more likely to clean it in a 1/2 hour then I am if my mom comes in yelling at me to do it now. If I want to clean it, I will. If someone pressures me to do something, I may just take my time, in spite, or not do it all. :)

Lol... yeah, ski999, you're right about tomorrow night. so long as it isn't raining I will be at blue in a heartbeat to raise ruckus. I'll bet a bottle or a case on it. No problems. My only condition is that it is kept friendly. aparently there's already enough bad blood that floats around on this board. I'm sick of all of that, and I just want to restate my reason for posting on this board. That is- To make new friends to ski and ride with. That is all. I come from a snow deprived, vertical-less place without skiers, and I just want some quality skibuds. Thats my vent. Later peeps.

Skimom, I really appreciate your concern. Thanks for asking, and I'm feeling really well now. My back is strong enough that I feel I can push it tomorrow at blue. my left shoulder is getting close to 100%, but my right is still a little tender and lacking a full range of motion. either way, i feel like I could control myself at speed now. Tomorrow should be fun. and I'll be at CB on sat.

I can not accept those terms, especially in light that an instructor is not aware of the details of a recreational racing program offered at his home mountain. Besides - My negative comments are geared towards constructive critisism. (pssst. so you know, I have been thanked for some of them privately) Overall, I am very happy with CB - there is just so much room for improvement. Change the terms. This is my forum too!! Besides CB is my home mountain - I don't critisize other mountains, only my own. That's the different drummer thing... :)

Yeah - I thought he did too. Good Luck Volkl - Saturday was looking sketchy for my attendance due to nipples wanting to go to a school dance. I THINK he has changed his mind in light of a discussion about his finals in Killington.

papa- just be a man(or a girl, whatever you prefer) and accept the terms..... Yes I knew that 2 runs down nastar cost $5 but I thought that you had to pay another regetraion fee if you were doing it competivly.

anyway thanks for the good luck!! same to you

nah dude when I open my mouth I back it up...