Camelback Terrain Park Idea

Papasteeze

This is from a park crew guy who works at CB - I think this idea has a ton of merit: and is a good one. Noobs can still use the connector that zig zags back and forth from the Stevenson lift to get back to the lodge. Glade goes beginner park and is free and is next to ski school. Mad Steeze park is next Raceway and has the pitch. Nile Mile, pass only access. Giving credit where credit is due, the following is an idea..

my suggestion, make nile into a nice park, it would be perfect, you'd have to check in up top to make sure no beginners come in, no outside access from other trails, its long enough, it would be easier to blow because its wide and you can put more guns on it. it would be the perfect park. make glade a beginer park, make rhodo a super pipe, and nile a rail jam/booter jam park. make it so steezy that even creek kids'll be like yooooo you going to cbbbbbbbb. itll be way worth it in the long run, no worries about insurance because there will be a check in point up top. if they are still worried, make the kids ride the beginner, then if they got the stuff, let em go to the super park on nile.

EDIT: you guys with graphic skills, start drawing the layouts up and submit them!! :lol

Edited by Papasteeze

Nile will never be a terrain park. The grade is too mellow for any decent sized jumps, the trail is too long for CB's current terrain selections (unless they decide to build 50 new rails for next year), and it's a beginner favorite. It'd be nice but I seriously doubt that CB is willing to make the commitment of a Nile Mile terrain park.

The idea I had along with another person on the board is to use the Glenn Chair as the terrain park chair. Fence off that entire area and have a park pass. Install a super pipe that you can see from the Glenn Lodge where they can use that lodge for hosting large events.

That's the abbreviated edition of the plans.

The grade is too mellow for any decent sized jumps, the trail is too long for CB's current terrain selections (unless they decide to build 50 new rails for next year),

I dunno enough about terrain park topography however, if it is truly a mile, then skidude, Ridge and I made it in 75 seconds. So you can build the speed. Nile should be a giant jib park with some smaller jumps. Raceway would be the best trail for the big stuff with all the natural benches for sure.

Super Pipe.... If only, everyone had one. Good idea, though I think BC is well on the way to actually getting it done.

I dunno enough about terrain park topography however, if it is truly a mile, then skidude, Ridge and I made it in 75 seconds. So you can build the speed. Nile should be a giant jib park with some smaller jumps. Raceway would be the best trail for the big stuff with all the natural benches for sure.

Super Pipe.... If only, everyone had one. Good idea, though I think BC is well on the way to actually getting it done.

although its a good idea I seriously doubt that CB will make Nile a terrian park. This is because it is a begginer favorite and its there longest trail.

Papa-

Why do you care you don't even attempt park anyway ?? :P:wiggle

problem with nile is all the turns. anyways who would buy a park pass from cb thats like a joke. :)

If the area is fenced off like I said with major hits, super pipe and large rails (similar to a mountain in NJ) it would be worth it.

Plus everyone complains about the noobs in the park. The park pass will keep them out of your way.

My idea will never happen though because lousy skiers and riders will be pissed that they don't get a park pass and than say the ski area sucks. Also I don't see any local ski areas putting a full time employee out there for the sole purpose of determining whether skiers and riders are worthy of riding an intense park with big booters. As of now we can all ride park with no additional fee or paperwork...Touch the Sky Booter mountain...I'm out like some Stout what what

We don't ask for any special pass for people to go down Cliffhanger, either... I mean, it's an "expert only" kind of area... people should be able to determine for themselves if they have what it takes. if they wanna risk their life going into a more dangerous area without the skill, then they should be able to do that.

survival of the fittest :rock

Go to Mountain Creek and check out how they do it... It works, It was easy to get in and it certainly appeared to thin out all the weeds. and it was crowded that day but the park was empty.... Except for people like me who can't hit single feature but know enough to stay the hey outa the way.

To the Adams and the Dougs of the world, park passes are not about keeping you guys out, they are about letting in the ones who respect, practice and know the smart style and easy does it thing.

We don't ask for any special pass for people to go down Cliffhanger, either... I mean, it's an "expert only" kind of area... people should be able to determine for themselves if they have what it takes. if they wanna risk their life going into a more dangerous area without the skill, then they should be able to do that.

survival of the fittest :rock

If people want to fly down a black out of control and hurt themselves there only hurting themselves. But when they are out of control in the park they are going to hurt other people. If people want to hurt themselves, that fine with me, but we can't let them endanger other people.

The park is an expert area, but its on a green or blue trail. When beginners look down a black they can't see the bottom of the hill and are intimidated. There were a ton of foot prints where people hike back up the rocket because they were scared away by the bumps. But in a terrain park the trail is shallow and the beginners think "Hey, that trails isn't steep, lets go down because its the cool thing to do." even though they can barely stand up. Diamonds and terrain parks are two completely different things so you can't compare them equally.

"though I think BC is well on the way to actually getting it done."

i don't think BC has the weather, they get screwed over more than any other place becuase they are so far south. A super pipe takes a huge amount of snow, take a look at some of mountain creek's pictures. The amount of snow in a super pipe can cover probably a third of bear creek in full base, at mountain creek they ahve the dirt embankments about 15 feet high, and then they basically fill the valley inbetween with snow until its solid, then push it up the walls to make it about 22 feet above ground level with a 3 foot base in the middle, and you have a 19 foot wall. The amount of snow is absoluetly insane.

as for the park pass, its a great idea. it did everything it was intended to do at mountain creek and makes their park so much safer. the crowds are usually pretty thin - so long as the easier stuff isn't park pass protected. those areas get crowded but the big stuff is practically untouched.

man CB making a park on nile mile? where have i heard that before..

oh because before the season started thats all i kept posting for cbs park hahha i think it would make a killer jib park.. and since im more of a jibber that would be amazing! haha but if that does one day happen.. it wont be for a couple a years like 8 or so haha

it would be awesome, they could even advertise as "PA's only mile long terrain park!" and then thats all you would hear about from cb. will it ever happen? no, but do i think they are going to move the parks around and make them better in the next couple of years? yes they will, they arent stupid and will eventually get with times. unfortunately it wont be for another couple years.

Between the Sidewinder park at Booter, boardercross, and the lower park the terrain park at Booter is more than a mile long and so steezy. How many booters does Camelback have in their park?

booters? haha none. but they do have a pretty decent kicker at the bottom of rhodo. its just not built right at all. if you get a good amount of air off it, you land pretty flat (that goes for any other jump in CB.

booters? haha none. but they do have a pretty decent kicker at the bottom of rhodo. its just not built right at all. if you get a good amount of air off it, you land pretty flat (that goes for any other jump in CB.

haha hes right.. if you want to get like a sick amount of air off any jump at CB your gonna land completely FLAT! haha

Nile will never be a terrain park. The grade is too mellow for any decent sized jumps, the trail is too long for CB's current terrain selections (unless they decide to build 50 new rails for next year), and it's a beginner favorite. It'd be nice but I seriously doubt that CB is willing to make the commitment of a Nile Mile terrain park.

although its a good idea I seriously doubt that CB will make Nile a terrian park. This is because it is a begginer favorite and its there longest trail.

Papa-

Why do you care you don't even attempt park anyway ?? :P:wiggle

This is like making paradise at blue into a terrain park. It's never gonna happen. Wish in one hand, shit in the other-see what one fills up first. If it did happen, then it would be awesome, but i have my doubts.

dude, thats not worthy of a response.

Haha, then why did you respond? :nana

Yeah CB is making a park on nile, right next to the three tripple black dimond trails they put in, and the free hot tubs they put in the base area.

WHAT! TRIPLE BACK DIAMONDS AND FREE HOT TUBS! wow this is gonna be AMAZING! haha

oh... wait nevermind you were joking.. hahaha

im kidding but yeah i dont think it would happen anytime soon.. well in the next 8-10 years haha but im all for it! haha

Or what if they made nile into a park since conditions are crappy more than half the time on that side of the mountain, put a bar in the park, and had the hot tubs on the side of nile so that us gapers could sit back with a beer in the hot tub and watch you sick slopestylers trying to steal the women off our laps in the hot tubs?

And they should be opening the first triple black diamond this weekend, it starts on the cameltop deck, and you just have to jump off the railing and into the woods, and you're on it. I won't be greedy though, you guys can get first tracks on it, I'll be right behind you :devil: