POLL: World Class "Summer" Terrain Park

skier150

Summer Terrain Park  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you visit a "summer" terrain park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Can I get a job?
  2. 2. If you would visit, how much would you pay for a day pass?

• $10
    • $20
    • $30
    • Would rather have a season pass
  3. 3. If you would visit, how many days per month?

• 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-20
    • almost every day!

i say we just keep working on the park in your backyard Chris and keep it to a minimum... could you imagine how packed that place could get if it actually went down? anyway.. packed or not, i would be there because that would be crazy... and any help you need with that Chris... just ask.

i support backyard parks. hell, i'll buy a season pass to your backyard.

Edited by toast21602

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What type of carpet are you using now for your backyard park? and where did u get it

It is outdoor carpet, it mostly come in green. We got it from a wholeseller in GA. The name they gave it was Sand Fill.

I just read on Snowflexs website, that its available in the US now. So if this park was to go down, this would be the best stuff to do it on.

I have samples from a few different manufacturers. I also looked at some stuff up at Lake Placid from NZ, but I have not seen the SnowFlex up close yet. I think so far I like the AstroRide the best, but it is also the most expensive.

Wow that would be INSANE!!! snowboarding in the summer and not having to pay 2000 to go only for a week in canada or w.e.

For ideas i would def. look at the way bear mountains(cali) Rail garden is. Its like a football field wide and has about 10+ rails on it and is at the very bottom of the mountain right near the lodge and its all sectioned off so its session only rails. Its Sick and sooo much fun. :rock

• 3 weeks later...

I would defently have to seriously become a "founding father" of one of these parks :rock . That would so cool to see someone actually take the GIANT risk and go out there and do it. This would also give the sport of skiing, and the sport of Freestyle skiing. So if there is anyway I can help please let me know.

Maybe you should start looking into some fund raising opertunities and bank loans, you know what im talking about.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have always been interested in making a snowflex facility however it is very expensive to start. However i think it would be very successful.

Expensive is an understatement. This is from the freeskier website about some proposed plans in Texas.

Charlie Aaron is the President of the Bearfire Group. Currently, the company is in the process of obtaining financing for a 60-acre, 20 story outdoor ski and snowboard mountain. With a price tag of $375 million, the project won