Big Mountain

sibhusky

sib how is the one chairlift running and has no snow on it while the chair parallel to you has like a foot of snow stuck to it and do they make any snow or groom at the top

Above translated...

They never run that chair. It is covered with rime, the same as the trees are. Rime occurs when superchilled water vapor has no pollution, dust, etc. to make it precipitate out of the air into snow. So, when the vapor crashes into something -- trees, chairlifts, skiers, it instantly freezes on it.

Well, yes, the Flathead Valley has the highest growth rate in Montana.

Yeah when I was out there, I think it was like '97 or '98, it was very rural still. There were like 2 taxis for all of Big Mountain and Whitefish, but there was always one when we wanted to go into town. Definitely an awesome place, I'm jealous you live there.

It's still rural. I live a mile from my mail box, and the last half mile is dirt. As far as I know, you may be overstating the number of taxis. There are a lot of new homes but it's not looking like Kalispell.

that looks so nice. could you possible get a pic of the park for next time?

Sorry, didn't see this before I skied yesterday and today I didn't take my camera out. The park is over in an area I don't get to much, mostly because the park's there and not much else. But, I promise I'll ride the chair that goes above it at some point and take pics of each structure for you.