Park pass essay.

Stevo

In english class we're starting a unit on persuasive writing. For my topic, i picked park passes. (trying to convince people they should be put into action). Only problem is- my teacher doesn't think it's strong enough of an argument and that i can't find statistics anywhere :banghead . She did say, however, that i can write my paper on it if i give her the three main supporting details on it by tomorrow. I can think of a bunch, but some of them aren't that strong. If anyone has any ideas, post them. Help me prove my teacher wrong :nono

Please define "the three main supporting details" What does she mean? 3 reasons on why there should be park passes? If that is the case. then

1. Safety - Education of the sport

2. To provide for a positive experience - The return ticket

3. To help better promote a growing sport - Park passes are a new idea.

That is acutally a great question. Name 3 reasons why there should be park passes? To keep noobs outa the park is not one of them :)

What are some of you ideas so we have some thing to work with? For statictics, try to e-mail Mt. Creek or another ski area that implements them and ask. If they are willing to help they could probaly give you a lot of info seince they are owned by a big corperation.

Saftey Is definitaly the biggest concern. Are you looking for three different arguments, or could you do three reasons that park passes improve the saftey of the guests using the terrain parks and therefore should be implemented?

What are some of you ideas so we have some thing to work with? For statictics, try to e-mail Mt. Creek or another ski area that implements them and ask. If they are willing to help they could probaly give you a lot of info seince they are owned by a big corperation.

Saftey Is definitaly the biggest concern. Are you looking for three different arguments, or could you do three reasons that park passes improve the saftey of the guests using the terrain parks and therefore should be implemented?

I didn't think of that, i'll email mt. creek. I'm looking for 3 main arguments. 3 main ideas-make a paragraph for each to convince the reader that park passes should be used.

1.Safety

2.Better terrain conditions (will tie into safety)

3.Rental equipment damage (Rental rockers gouging their boards)

4.Less probability of lawsuits against mt.

5.Less injuries

6.More money for mt. (assuming they cost money)

I need more to pick from. :unsure:

EDIT: Does anyone know the contact email address for MC. Their site is super slow- practically not working. Maybe it's just me?

Edited by stevo

Mt Creek has a form to fill out to send them e-mail.

http://www.mountaincreek.com/contactus/index.htm

Out of what you have so far, Safety and Less liability are very good points.

Some other things to consider would probably be:

Guest Experience (someone already mentioned)

Allow for more progression ( probably already mentioned )

Encourage people to learn in a safer enviroment before moving to bigger stuff

Control excessive crowds ( maybe tied into Safety )

Keep the features in better shape.

I'll try to think of some more.

the other day at boulder there was a little kid sitting at the end of the 40ft rail and i didnt see him. There a 6 ft gap to it so i had to have speed to grind it. I 270ed off the rail and landed switch and just as i came out switch i missed hitting the kid by INCHES. Park passes would prevent alot of stuff like that from happening. If that give u any ideas.

the other day at boulder there was a little kid sitting at the end of the 40ft rail and i didnt see him. There a 6 ft gap to it so i had to have speed to grind it. I 270ed off the rail and landed switch and just as i came out switch i missed hitting the kid by INCHES. Park passes would prevent alot of stuff like that from happening. If that give u any ideas.

doesn boulder have its own lift for the rail park? i know it services like two trails, you can go left or right. so why dont they just let the lifty tell people which way to go if they dont belong in the park

Okay, thanks a lot for your help. Here's my list of ideas:

Park passes should be put into effect because:

1. They promote the growing sport. (not my best reason, sorry papa)

2. Terrain is preserved better,leaving a lasting impression on the visitors.

3. Liability Reasons

4. Less injuries (terrain park-related)

5. More money for mountain (Assuming that the mt. sells them)

6.Friendlier environment- No people yelling or fighting over stupid little things (<--New one)

She didn't even know what a terrain park was, so she can't honestly see the viewpoints, without me pointing them out to her :no . I think i have a lot to work with-she's wrong. :woot

every park should have a park pass. but we all know its not that ez to get a park pass into action... when ur done with ur essay email a copy to every mountain in pa haha, see if u can actually persuade a mountain or 2 =) good luck my man

Haha, that will really make my teacher feel dumb, f the persuasive essay persuaded! Maybe i'll do this. Extra credit, here i come!!

Well, it worked. Thanks everyone- teacher's letting me do my paper on it! :rock

Cool!! Jar3d has a great idea!! Mail it to every mountain :rock - post it on here so we can duplicate and send it. Hey, why not even post it on here so everyone can help edit it into being the most persuasive piece possible. I mean come on.. think how persuasive it would be if a ton of people helped write it?

Cool!! Jar3d has a great idea!! Mail it to every mountain :rock - post it on here so we can duplicate and send it. Hey, why not even post it on here so everyone can help edit it into being the most persuasive piece possible. I mean come on.. think how persuasive it would be if a ton of people helped write it?

will do