Bumps?!?!? BUMPS!!!!!

Metz the Jersey boy

Whoa, all I have to say is that Asp has become ONE SICK BUMP RUN. I hate to compare the two, but I have to say Asp is reminding me of a shorter, less pitched version of Goat. If you've ever skied Goat, then you can appreciate this. Doug- I think its right up your alley.

Whoa, all I have to say is that Asp has become ONE SICK BUMP RUN. I hate to compare the two, but I have to say Asp is reminding me of a shorter, less pitched version of Goat. If you've ever skied Goat, then you can appreciate this. Doug- I think its right up your alley.

I dont think anything at camelback should be compared to goat.

Sounds like a good run for the GS sticks

:jk

You nearly tore something on your slalom boards, no need for the GS stix...

And honestly, I thought the asp SUCKED friday night, sure it was fun, but those aren't bumps, they're just mounds of snow here and there, no rythem whatsoever. Montage has real bumps, as does Blue. Either groom it, or get some rythmic bumps like at Blue

I'm sure those bumps are fun, but I'm with Montage skier on this one. The first bumps I ever saw were on the north face and since I've never seen any that are even in the same league except for up in VT. Not to knock any other bumps around the area, but this is one thing Montage does do well. :P

I'm sure those bumps are fun, but I'm with Montage skier on this one. The first bumps I ever saw were on the north face and since I've never seen any that are even in the same league except for up in VT. Not to knock any other bumps around the area, but this is one thing Montage does do well. :P

Outer Limits in VT is freakin absurdly awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't moguls created by the people carving down the mountain and leaving piles of snow behind, which instead of being groomed--we blow snow on top of, forming huge bumps?

so technically, Camelback just has shitty skiers who have no rhythm?

I dunno, I'm not too educated on grooming techniques, but from my limited understanding I'm of the opinion that the bumps tend to have less to do with grooming and more to do with the average carving ability of the people on the run... if we had 6 foot moguls at Camelback, are there even people who could ski them? :confused

I'd say that blue and montage have very rhythmic bumps, that is true. When I used to ski a lot of bumps I liked a less rhythmic pattern. It varies your skiing, and provides a much bigger challenge. I think the dude will agree with me- the guy we saw tearing up Asp on Saturday night seemed to find an awesome rhythm in the bumps...

If you look at awesome bump runs like Goat and Starr at Stowe, they have a kind of almost back country character that you just can't produce down here. Its just something you can't replicate by letting a straight trail bump up. I was merely saying that Asp has a really cool character to it, and the way the trail lies ungroomed is really awesome, and very close (albeit on a much smaller magnitude) to the way Goat and Starr are.

Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic rhythmic bump runs out there, such as Liftline at Smuggs, National at Stowe, and Lower Flume at Loon. Main St. at Blue and the way Rocket was before it was groomed over are very reminiscent of these trails. My problem with these trails is that they are just moderately wide, straightforward blacks that have been allowed to bump up. All that said, I think The Asp has what it takes to be one of CB's signature trails in the form that it currently holds.