INFO ON FREE RIDE

beachiegirl2ski

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a lesson for the terrain park?

do you have to sign up for the 10 weeks?

can you take the class for the day?

if so what is the cost?

or you do you know of any other mountains that offer lesson just for the terrain park?

We give lesson in the park, pipe, and skiercross.

At this point in the season your options are:

1 hour private lesson - $75

4 hour single day session - $75

6 single day session (the rest of the program) - $300

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by skier150

^^^^^^^ Beachi, Chris neglected to say that he runs that program!!! My kid swears by it and had a great time participating in it the one time we could attend. They work one on one with you. While it might seem pricey for a day - I personally think it would fit your kid perfectfully. I bet he will come out of that program so stoked!! Try and make it over to Blue Mountain on sunday.

^^^^^^^ Beachi, Chris neglected to say that he runs that program!!! My kid swears by it and had a great time participating in it the one time we could attend. They work one on one with you. While it might seem pricey for a day - I personally think it would fit your kid perfectfully. I bet he will come out of that program so stoked!! Try and make it over to Blue Mountain on sunday.

have to give that some thought.. he would be doing it on his volkl super sports

We give lesson in the park, pipe, and skiercross.

At this point in the season your options are:

1 hour private lesson - $75

4 hour single day session - $75

6 single day session (the rest of the program) - $300

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris, do you know what is on the agenda for tomorrow since its supposed to rain? have any plans for indoor training/activities/movie watching?

have to give that some thought.. he would be doing it on his volkl super sports

The SS's have a little bit of a tipped up tail, they are ok for basic switch and straight air.

Do you take old guys? :P

Any age over 8 is OK!

Chris, do you know what is on the agenda for tomorrow since its supposed to rain? have any plans for indoor training/activities/movie watching?

I will bring some movies and my computer, if it is too nasty to go out we can do some movement analysis. I do not think it is supposed to rain all day, so maybe we will get to go out after lunch.

Those prices are outrageous...if you drop the price a bit you'll get double as many participants...just my 1/50th of a dollar..

if you want to improve on skills in the park and learn to do more than 50/50 a box then its not pricey at all. its not cheap to go to a camp either but i dont see you complaining about that. there are more people that do the race team crap each year and that costs $500... not including skis that are more expensive than twins and it also doesnt incluide the cost to travel and enter into a bunch of different races all the time.

its the first year for the program. i think that 6 kids in it is a great start for people not having any exposure to them in previous years.

I will bring some movies and my computer, if it is too nasty to go out we can do some movement analysis. I do not think it is supposed to rain all day, so maybe we will get to go out after lunch.

i'll be out there tomorrow early in the AM... most likely for opening. i'll keep my eyes open for Freeriders

the only reason that the race team is "a better value" is because they think they own the mountain and everybody treats them like Gods. Many of the coaches are cocky assholes that talk crap on any freestyler... probably because all their kids want to do is go through the park, thats why they all step into their twintips after they are done with their Nazi race practice. that stopped last weekend when they were told by mangaement to keep their mouths shut and be mature.

i'm just bitter about the "race gods" at Blue... they get treated too well. if freestylers are paying the sme amount of money for a program, they should ahve the right to close down a trail for practicing too.

and no, i'm not paying $75 to help them with the kids and help them film and fix lips. if you are there to leanr from the program its different than helping the coaches out.

and most likely if the price was less there would be more kids.... but then there wouldnt be any profit because they still have to pay the coaches.. and any mountain is about making a profit

Edited by toast21602

I agree, the racers get alot more for their money...I don't care because I just go skiing for fun. I'm neither a racer nor a jib monkey I'm just a skier. Getting steezy air and going fast is the best. I wish there wasn't a rivalry between the racers and the park rats. I love the fact that Blue has such a good park this season...the steezy air is great and it keeps the other trails less crowded.

there wouldnt be such a "rivalry" between the two if the racers would get the sticks out of their asses. i'm sure you ahve seen the racers come flying through the park cutting people off and riding over lips. thats the equivalent of me poaching their course and stopping down on the gates like jibs... it shouldnt happen. i repect what they do... they need to do the same in return

Toast what about undercutting the freeride program and giving private park lessons for 20 bucks an hour??? Unethical???

thats just dickish. i refer people to the program so that it can get better in the future. not to mention that the coaches who are doing it have more certifications then i will ever have.

Yeah but you can't go on their race course...they should close the park or at least features just for the freeride program...then it will be a better value and they will get more participants..for now it's not apples to apples except for the price.

thats the whole problem. once freeriders is able to close a trail for practicing... the racers are going to shit themselves becaus they wont be the Gods of the mountain anymore. mostly everybody agrees that the park or some features should be closed for the freeriders...

until the "power of closing trails" is dispersed among the other programs, they will still think they own Blue.

p.s.- i dont know how many times i have gone on liftrides with people who normally dont ski at Blue on the weekends and they always complain that they have never gotten a chance to ski on Razors because its always closed when they are here. i think sometimes the race team should share a little with the paying weekend customes and maybe move over to raceway for their practicing.

Edited by toast21602

^ which is a steal compared to the $75 for one hour of private lessons at blue. you get much more advanced and specific coaching in the freeride program than you do with a regular private lesson. if you do the math, it comes out to a little less than 20 an hour, which is cheaper than a regular lesson. its not rediculously priced at all. the race team is just afraid, thats all. go talk to a bunch of race kids and ask them if they would rather race, or ride park, and a lot of them will say they would rather ride park, but their parents make them race. once some parents start listening to their kids and letting them ski how they want, like papa does, there's going to be a big swing of power at blue.

the race team is just afraid, thats all. go talk to a bunch of race kids and ask them if they would rather race, or ride park, and a lot of them will say they would rather ride park, but their parents make them race. once some parents start listening to their kids and letting them ski how they want, like papa does, there's going to be a big swing of power at blue.

Hahahaha! That's just dumb.

yeah, the most they have are line-cutting privilages.. they are even allowed to close off a single feature. i think its going to change next year though.

Not if six people sign up again.

the only reason that the race team is "a better value" is because they think they own the mountain and everybody treats them like Gods. Many of the coaches are cocky assholes that talk crap on any freestyler...

Racers are the Gods of the mountain, Toast. And coaches should be cocky *ssholes. It's the way of the world and it's good that you understand that.

Man, something really p*ssed you off, eh?

Im not really sure what you are saying is dumb, but today at montages park i noticed a lot of kids on twintips that speed suits hanging out the back. What Justo said looked to be true today.

There's so little terrain open for the J4/5 and little development kids that they are either on Switch for the one hour of gates, or getting in your way in the park, with the excuse that it's cross training.

^ which is a steal compared to the $75 for one hour of private lessons at blue. you get much more advanced and specific coaching in the freeride program than you do with a regular private lesson. if you do the math, it comes out to a little less than 20 an hour, which is cheaper than a regular lesson. its not rediculously priced at all. the race team is just afraid, thats all. go talk to a bunch of race kids and ask them if they would rather race, or ride park, and a lot of them will say they would rather ride park, but their parents make them race. once some parents start listening to their kids and letting them ski how they want, like papa does, there's going to be a big swing of power at blue.

Blue Mtn free ride program is a steal of deal... I pay about the same for race team and I would pay the same for steven to be in a supervised program. I watched the guys at Blue and they are truly dedicated to helping all riders learn park much in the same way that race coaches are.

I rode with some Cat team kids and I want to give props to Gus. The kids wanted me sign for them for some twin twip demos. I told them I couldn't not as long as race team was in practice. Well the kids went and asked permission and I think that those kids had a great time on the twins practicing jumping around switch, etc etc..

BTW - the converse is also true, I watched Steven really practice hard with racing today and he will be racing in a J4 at Blue tomorrow.... Of course I imagine you will see him on his twins or his board between races killing time. The point is is that is all good. Keep the fun in it while they are young. for sure!

Another point I might add, The number one J4 at Blue rides the same set of Armada twins as steven and the number one kid at CB was the one who pestered me to sign for demo's today.

Racers are the Gods of the mountain, Toast. And coaches should be cocky *ssholes. It's the way of the world and it's good that you understand that.

so, you're not trying to be a dick? what exactly makes racers the gods of the mountains? the fact that there are so many of them? i'm not taking anything away from those that are very good skiers, but there are a ton of them that are mediocre at best. the freeride program is in its infancy; its not even a year old yet. obviously, there are still details that can be worked out and improved for next season. i'm sure the race program didnt have over 100 kids its first season either. i bet it wasnt nearly as organized as it is now either. personally, i think chris and the other freeride coaches have done a great job with what little support the management at blue has given them thus far. they have had to set up absolutely everything on their own. the only thing the mountain helped with was that the price was going to be the same as the race program.

there's definately reason to be mad at the race program at blue as well. they close of razors every weekend, so sure, maybe we get jealous, but we're not the only ones upset with that; the general public, weekend warrior people are too. the biggest problem is that while razors is closed, some of the race coaches insist on taking their kids through the park, using any and all features or other people as a giant training course. any way you look at it, its very unsafe. skiing across lips of jumps or rails ruts them out, making them harder to hit as they are intended. skiing across a landing area is just plain dumb. we've all had way too many close calls with people sitting in a landing area where they shouldnt be, and the race team skiing through there with their staff and team coats on does not set a good example for those unfamiliar with park etiquette.

i've talked to and overheard many race program kids say they would rather do freeriders than be in the race program, but their parents wouldnt let them. if you are so disilusioned as to believe that no kid in their right mind would rather ski how they want, with their own style, and progress in the direction in which they choose instead of being forced into a predetermined course in which one specific method of skiing is always the best, then thats fine by me. i'll continue to ski backwards as much as i do forwards and give the freeride program my full support.