Speed Suit

Metz the Jersey boy

If you ask the nastar staff there are about 4 or 5 of us that have a lockdown on the "freak of the mountain" category...

And yes, '999, you're not the only one that hopes to see an attractive woman on the slopes bearing some skin. I thought I saw a winner last night, but it was just a flesh colored turtleneck...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A ski suit isn't going to beat me, you need to learn how to bend your skis more. I could have read a David Eggers novel in the time I was waiting for you at the bottom of the quad when we were free-skiing :nana I said it before and I'll say it again...the only way you're going to beat me in Nastar is if I get hit by a meteor.

:o:lol

Screw New Brunswick twirling glow sticks.

And doug, don't flatter yourself, I've got much better reasons for changing the signature.

From this point on I dedicate every hour of my life to toasting you.

And I'll probably spend a significant amount of time wondering when Jeff's going to mature.

Racerchick- feel free to take bets, I have no problems taking cash from anyone...

Ski999- you're still cool. I'm buying my speed suit tomorrow, thanks for all the info. Its great having you around to keep us racing noobs informed.

The same goes for you Skimom.

The best turns always win the race, Doug. Basic wax on all-mountain ski and just dropping your jacket...it's still about the turns and the line you ski.

I see lots of kids with their heads all screwed up by parents throwing eight different skis at them. Not sure if it still stands, but the younger junior racers were only allowed to use one set of skis for all events for that very reason.

Yep, I'll be at Blue for sure. It's the best weekend of ASRA: MC for a GS and SL, then down to Blue.

Drills? Well, Doug, I may want to get you to rely a little more on your uphill ski as you initiate your turns, so I'd probably have you take a few runs on one ski....then, of course, switch feet.

I really like javelin turns for keeping your body squared. When you are making a right turn, for instance, and your left ski is the downhill ski, lift your right ski off the snow and point it downhill, over your left. Keep your shoulders square down the fall line.

I really can't say much specific about your skiing, since I only ever see you from behind as you disappear into the distance. I'd need you to ski toward me a few times...then I'd be happy to make any suggestions.

I would base your bet on whether the guy in charge of timing accepts bribes... :nana I really don't want to get into some sort of rivalry or anything with Garden State, I just want to have fun. I would prefer not to spend thousands of dollars on race skis, lessons, speedsuit, but it would be worth it if Metz Jerz never beat me ever. I imagine I could cut some time having wax on my skis and even more if my skis were race skis, more still if I wasn't a hacker at racing and even more with a speedsuit....sheesh, things were alot simpler when I was living in Montana, skiing powder regularly, and living with a bunch of smelly roommates.

BTW Metz, what were you doing while we were waiting for you after each run at the bottom of the quad??? :rofl

He told me he had to stop...He's used to those short camelback runs :lol:

Yeah, I won't lie, I had to stop here and there due to some fatigue. I was also working on some techniques up top where it was choppy/bumpy.

Doug, what do race skis have to do with it??? I don't have a pair :confused

For someone who doesn't want a rivalry you sure talk about that damn meteor hitting you a lot. What do you expect, you talk sh*t on my skiing and then I look at you and say, "gee doug, you're right, I probably won't ever beat you unless a meteor crashes into you." :banghead

Yeah, that'll happen...

It's psychological warfare, Metz. He's screwing with your head and you're letting him. To quote a great moment in cinematic history: "Lighten up, Francis."

And on the bright side, according to http://www.spaceweather.com , today there are 764 known potentially hazardous asteroids for Earth. So ya never know!

Edited by ski999

So I got my speed suit today... the last Spyder GS suit in my size at the Loft... only gouged me for 175. Actually, i think it was a pretty good deal.

So, this thursday I think I'll be on SL boards. I want to try and work with them before getting on them this weekend.

'999- thanks for the update on space weather. Looks like I might just have a chance to beat Doug after all!!!

On a sidenote:

I had an awesome time skiing with Skimom today all day during training. We definitely got our money's worth!!!!

Watch out for falling meteors this ski season... rumor has it Palmerton, PA is a high risk area :nana

Hehe... My Tarantulas and shiny new Swix GS poles complete with handy-dandy hand guards will arrive at my house on Wed. sometime during the day...

Thursday night is going to be official gear-whoring night for me... lol. A little bit of fun on the SL boards, a little bit on the demi-GS boards, and I could give a damn how I place.

EDIT: I think I might have to get myself some of this bionic underwear you speak of...

and one more thing- Nastar seriously has to get some better medals... I'm getting sick of the coolest skiing trophy on my book case being a swix "beverage wrench."

Tomorrow's still a bit up in the air... but sunday night nastar at blue isn't a bad option...

Edited by Metz the Jersey boy

I had an awesome time skiing with Skimom today all day during training. We definitely got our money's worth!!!!

Metz - I saw you make a couple of runs on Raceway - you are certainly looking improved! :yes You still got those feet too close together IMO, comparitively.

Yeah, while I was on raceway I was working on one of my more major faults, so I was ignoring everything else about form. I've got 3 major things I want to clear up with my form that I'll be working on all week...

you'll probably be able to find me at cb tues. during the day, maybe (but more doubtful) wed. night, thursday during the day, and maybe doing a light session on friday night to warm up for sat.

Don't worry steezer... the stance is a lot wider now... and the skis even get on edge once in a while...

lol