Speed Suit

Metz the Jersey boy

Hey everyone, I need a speed suit. Does anyone know of a ski shop in Central to Northern NJ, or around Blue or Camelback that carries them? I'm hoping maybe nestor's or the loft stock them, but something in jersey would be really, really cool. And please no one tell me to buy it on Ebay, there aren't many on there, and I don't think I'd get it for when I need it (next weekend).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Metz, lots of shops carry a few early in the season, but it's hit and miss. The Loft always has a few, but they are usually mediums. Nothing to do but call around. Keep in mind that most adult men end up in either XL or XXL.

BTW, reliableracing.com has a great selection and ships UPS Ground from NY State. I almost always get stuff in two or three days.

Go larger - round a size up from what they recommend. Speed suits are like wearing a tight elastic band. I don't recall exactly how tall you are, but I'm thinking you'd be an XL, at a minimum. I'm 130 lbs and wear a large without much extra room. :downhill:

Speed suit will take 1/2 to a second off of your time.. Full mirrored razor edge and base tune another 1/4 - 1/2 second add a separate set of skis waxed, another 1/2 second. Go through 100 nastar races along with some coaching another 1-2 seconds. Best starting gate house technique another 1/2 second.. GO!!!!!!!!

I'd also recommend a GS suit over DH, Metz...they have some extra padding protection from gates. Not a deal breaker, though, if you don't want to spend the extra $.

But.....do your ski pants zip off? If not, you need new ski pants that have the zippers up the outside of the legs. It's the only way to remove them with boots on and there's no time to remove boots in the start area.

I am most definitely talking about ASRA! I was thinking, however, that I might race Nastar in a suit as well, just to show off my figure and maybe get a few dates... :wiggle

In all seriousness though, thursday nights are starting to bring out speed suits at blue...

My pants do not zip off, so I was pricing the zip offs yesterday. Frankly, at this point, price isn't so much a factor to me as much as having proper clothing for next saturday.

Well, heck, I'll send you my XMas list instead of Santa.

The Spyder Tarantula's are awesome pants...it's also nice to have shorts for training days, as well as when it's warm. You get the feeling of freedom and you still stay a little warmer.

For under your race suit, I HIGHLY recommend CW-X tights. They give great muscle support for your legs, plus they let your suit slip on easily. They are about $80 for the bottoms, but are very rugged.

I saw a 20 something male at Blue yesterday wearing a full body spider-man suit (not to be confused with a spyder speed suit). If I were to dress as the web-slinger, does anyone feel it would improve my times?

yeah, me either.

yeah i saw him too... and i hate whoever it was because all they did was hit the lips onto rails like jumps and ruin them... sweet.

And you guys thought I was joking....

So that makes Toast, Doug and I that all saw this phenomenon of stupidity.

oh yeah, its the truth. i saw him as i was hiking the park, he was in the lower park. then he was on his ass on sidewinder a few times. me and my friends always "call" the people that look like the biggest freaks on the mountain.... once piece suits, flourescent colors, etc... well lets just say he was the call of the night.