Cb Message Board Land Mines

slickkeddie

Apparently the Daves are still pretty sensitive about things. Maybe I am just getting wacky, but I think they just deleted a recent post by skigirl when she said something about she thought most people who left that board weren't coming back. Oh. Touchy, touchy, touchy. Sort of difficult to figure if anything you say there is safe.

Apparently the Daves are still pretty sensitive about things. Maybe I am just getting wacky, but I think they just deleted a recent post by skigirl when she said something about she thought most people who left that board weren't coming back. Oh. Touchy, touchy, touchy. Sort of difficult to figure if anything you say there is safe.

yea, it has fortunatly come to that.....i doubt ridecamelback.com will be in exsistance much longer... ;)

yea, they are very quick to eleminate posts/threads that even slightly shine a negative light. oh well they are getting what they deserve. yes i agree it is post season, but things don't ususally slow down this much despite what people say. and someone made the comment (i believe it was that moron joly jake or whatever) that he likes it better without us. well i can't agree more. i like it a hell of a lot better here without him. he is an abosolute moron. i apologize for bashing, but he just really gets under my skin. however, that and the daves just motivate me more to push PASR as far as possible. its gonna be amazing guys! later

Speaking of Jolly Jake, has anyone ever seen the old CB instructor with grungy long hair and beard that is always hanging out with a foreign teenage boy that wears a wicked-gay one piece ski suit?

I guess I got the impression that the old-guy instructor was a school teacher that took in Russian teenage boy exchange students, or something along those lines. And then hangs out with them every minute of the day. Every day. Like, uh, really close and all.

Someday, I'm hopin' my wife lets us take in Russian teenage girl exchange students. And I'll teach them to ski.

See how I kept that on topic?

How come skierforever can bash everything and i can't even say "ppl prolly won't be coming back in november" god the daves really need to grow up.

because your a kid, and the only way DaveK can boost his self esteem is to delete kid's posts, and i say, he can go right ahead and do it.

yea, it has fortunatly come to that.....i doubt ridecamelback.com will be in exsistance much longer... ;)

I doubt that they will abolish the message board even if it has virtually no traffic. Heck, look at the rsn boards. They'll still be able to boast about having a message board with virtually no effort toward it. And you'll always have the occasional visitor who will click on the link and post something. It's just that the board won't be very interesting or informative if most locals who are interested in skiing and boarding and just being informed about what is really going on focus their attention here.

Maybe skierforever is really one of the Daves incognito? You think? That way they could post what they really thought without making it seem like official CB policy.

Edited by slickkeddie

The dream MB for CB and the Daves would be filled with posts like these:

"Can you rent skis at Camelback?"

"Does Camelback make snow?"

"Today was awesome! And no lines?"

"Can you buy food at Camelback?"

And although it's a little boarderline:

"My favorite run is Nile Mile? What's your's?"

Their MB is a PR tool. DaveK said exactly that one of the times he banned me. I mean, WTF, how can you have a real skiing MB and not be allowed to even mention another mountain?

The CB MB will live on with Skierforever, Jolly Jerk, and Satan all giving their wise opinions to DaveK pretending to be a newbie needing help.

I'm quite surprised Sibhusky got away without one foot blown off after her last post there. Absolute treason suggesting people are jumping ship.

Well, you figure I didn't post the URL to here, didn't really blast CB, just gave out that you can get banned from the board. I suspect that skibum or whomever it was, is not on the Daves' "Highly approved list", so they don't care if he goes to this board.

But I am surprised that he has not reacted to me privately, I admit. I haven't checked to see if he deleted the posts about skidude being banned over nothing, has anyone else?

hahah ok i didn't but here is what i wrote

DAVES,

YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID AND QUEER LET SKIDUDESKI BACK IN EVERY FORUM YOU KNOW YOUR KILLING THE BOARD BY NOT LETTING HIM BACK IN!!!!!!! AND WHATS UP WITH NOT LETTING PEOPLE POST JUNK ABOUT OTHER MOUNTAINS.. THIS IS SUSPOES TO BE A BOARD TO HAVE FUN ON NOT GET BANNED

skibum. please remove that link from the ridecb mb emediatly. as administartors we will not tolerate that sort of behavior. perhaps you need to read an old post that while it isn't 100% known how true it is it has been a policy we have adopted here at the realcb. let me get the link. in the mean time

REMOVE THAT LINK

http://www.therealcb.com/index.php?showtopic=187

i am also going to repin that thread as a reminder to everyone that we do not condone that sort of behavior on the other MB. we have very few rules here, and we like it that way. however, in order to keep things running smoothly there are a few precautions we must take. so it would be appreciated if you read that thread in its entirety and remove the link from the other board. sorry for sounding like a hard ass, and i am probably going to get a rash of shit from everyone for it. but im sorry.

But Jib and Atomic, there's a bigger issue here and just hear me out as food for thought. Ever hear a disclaimer before a radio show? Or before a TV info-mercial? "The views of the following program are not necessarily the views of the station or it's advertisers..."

The views and actions of the members of this board are not necessarily the views and actions of the administrators of this board.

The Daves were way out of line both legally and ethically by threatening the administrators of this board for the actions of it's members.

It is not their place to demand you take responsibility for MY views and actions. As this board's administrators, you are welcome to ban me if I piss you off. It's your board. But if I want to post links to this site, or Al Jezeera, you aren't in ANY way responisible.

The Daves actions were terroristic in spirit. I really think that what you've done by posting the "request" not to flame is appropriate and more than enough. If the popularity of this board continues to grow through next ski season, do you really want the grey hairs involved in "thought policing"? Of course not.

I respect what you do here, guys. It's a very cool alternitive. It works. I'm not being critical, I'm just telling you that teenage snowboarders and jibbers are funny and NOT your responsibilty at all.