Doug and Atomic Jeff almost got kicked out!

AtomicSkier

Well today was a huge improvment over yesterday, condition wise. It was a bit chilly, but still, freshly blown stuff everywhere, except Challenge and Razors and Paradise were closed to start the day, then paradise opened at 8ish, then Challenge and Razors opened at the same time around 10. We were getting bored, because none of the double diamonds were open, so we decided to take a run down Paradise. Well, 1/2 way through, this ski patroller was standing at the slow skiing sign and pointing at it to Doug and I and blowing his whistle, we just kept on skiing. We get on the lift, and we decided to do it again, this time really slowly and see if he STILL blows his whistle at us. So we're on the same straightaway, going as slow as i possibly can, the guy starts whistling at us, so instead of keep skiing, I stop to give this guy crap, and this is how it went...

D = Doug

J = Jeff

M = Mark Miller, the Ski patroller. Mark Miller.

M = This is a slow skiing trail

J = I was skiing slowly

J = What about those guys? They're going 2x as fast as me

M = WHISTLE WHISTLE

J = Excuse me sir, I was skiing very slowly, and if Challenge was open, I could ski fast, but only ski patrollers are allowed to ski it this morning

D = BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Doug and I start skiing away and he starts blowing his whistle. We were weaving throughout people, and I saw Mark Miller try to get in front of Doug, and well he did eventually, and stopped, blew his whistle at us, and we kept going. He was tailing us, so we just stopped on how stretch, and well, Mark Miller was pissed.

M (into his radio) = Can I get some help kicking some guys out? 10-4

M = I would've let you guys go, but you both have serious attitude problems, let me see your pass

He pratcially rips Doug's pass off, and I take my good old time taking mine off.

M = Management tells me Paradise and Burma are a slow skiing trails, and I have to enforce it.

J = We were skiing slowly

M = Let's move to the side out of the way

D = Who's glove is this (standing right above it)

M = It's mine (Doug skis over to the side, and doesn't pick it up for him)

M = The pen is frozen

D = You could just let us go without a ticket

M = No

M = I really don't like to do this, and I'm very lienent, I'm one of the more lienient ones...

Well, it went on, and he was trying to check their database on Doug and I, and nobody would answer back on the radio for a few minutes, and then he tried to right us our tickets, but his pen wouldn't work, so he took us down below, but while he was trying to put everything back into his backpack, everything started to spill out, his ropes, his bens, his lipstick, his lube, etc. Doug actually breaks out into a laugh. So we get down to the bottom ski patrol house, so he could get a new pen, since his other ones were frozen. He came back out and started righting the ticket.

J = Isn't ***** ***** a patroller here?

M = yes he is, I've skied with him for 15 years

J = Oh, he's a good friend of mine, he belongs to the same club as I do

M = Oh, I grew up at Saucon

J = I bet you're not a member though (wiseass remark)

M = No.

J = Is he around? I'd like to have a chat with him about you.

M = He's not here today

He wrote the tickets for us, and handed us our copies....

M = Now when you talk to ***** about this

J (cutting him off) = Oh, no, I'm not talking to ***** about this, I'm talking to the management, who I know very well. I'm sure they would LOVE to here how their employees, even though you're probably not even paid, treat their customers.

I don't remember everything that was said, but we put him through a living hell, he was sooo frustrated since everything wasn't working, no one was ansawering the radio.

Mark Miller's name will live in infamy.

BTW, our last lift ride, we saw a PASR'er in line, he wasn't wearing a helmet, but the sticker was on his strap....red jacket...?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply amazing. I laugh when they broadcast on the PA system that Paradise and Burma Road are slow skiing trails, and ski patrol will revoke your ticket if your skiing too fast. The one time on the flat stretch of Burma Road at the end nobody was on it, so I straightlined it to get speed to cross under the lifts onto main street. Some ski patrol guy speeds past me and says your going to fast. I simply said, "well there is nobody on it and besides your skiing faster than me now...."

I would think the Mr. Millers' of the world would focus more on the idiots that can't tell where they should be skiing.

How about ticketing some group of foriegners that are in the middle a trail (Chute) that they should not be on.

That would never happen. They only ticket those of us who can ski fast and in control on any of terrain that Blew Mtn can provide.

That's a great business model, penalize the good skiiers who champion your mountain above all others and sell busloads of tickets to those who cause the congestion and problems on the mountain and in the lift lines.

I never will get it I guess...

Doug,

The Blah blah blah had to be perfect. I wish I was there to see the expression on his face!

Edited by boblikescats

sounds like me and a bunch of friends on thrusday night. we were doing th boarder cross course and we were speeding coming off the table top and there were 2 ski patolers sitting right outside of the terrian park blowing there whistles at people because they had nothing better to do. so me and my friends told them that it the the only way to practicefor the up coming boardercross and they proceded to tell us that they dont care and if we kept arguing that we would lose are tickets

sounds like me and a bunch of friends on thrusday night. we were doing th boarder cross course and we were speeding coming off the table top and there were 2 ski patolers sitting right outside of the terrian park blowing there whistles at people because they had nothing better to do. so me and my friends told them that it the the only way to practicefor the up coming boardercross and they proceded to tell us that they dont care and if we kept arguing that we would lose are tickets

If ANYONE EVER gets pulled over at blue for speeding on anything but Paradise or Burma, ask for mark miller, because, and i quote mark miller, "You can ski as fast as you want until your hair catches on fire anywhere else but paradise and burma and easy/outvista"

is this "ticket" like an actual ticket, with fines and court dates? :confused

also, does blue management read this board?

i'm pretty sure there are people from Blue that read this. i know the race coaches do because i heard somebody say that they wanted to know who i was and why i dont like the race program......

could it be because they act like they own the mountain? or maybe because they get to close off trails every damn day? or maybe its because their kids cut the lines even when they aren't racing? wait, maybe its because their kids come ripping through the park even though they have 2 trails closed off? or, it could be that i heard one of the race coaches told their kids to go through the park and ruin the lips on rails and jumps?

Oh hey race coaches... if you are reading this... thats why. thanks. any other questions? PM me instead of asking other people. thanks.

Edited by toast21602

They put our names in a database and if we get in trouble again then we lose our passes for a week. The ticket is like a warning I guess.

well, thats one thing CB has on you guys. when they ask for your name you can just lie, and get your freinds in trouble, LineSki has already gotten stopped :rofl

All ski areas look at your ticket if you get in trouble to clip it, they wanted to see our pass or ticket and our season passes have our names on them. I got kicked out of Sugarbush back in 1999 for skiing a closed run but it was already like 2:30PM. The day that I got busted there was downloading and I had to finish the run I was busted on. Ridge the Heavens gate lift with 2 ski patrollers, then I skied down upper Jester as fast as I could to the top of the Sugar Bravo quad for downloading. The ski patrollers were pissed at my for not staying with them. At Camelback in 1996 my buddy Nate and I skied a closed run and were busted by the rangers and had to watch a safety video. At Camelback in 1998 a ranger stopped me for straight running marjies, he wanted to see me make some turns. Myself and a buddy at Stowe were busted for poaching Hayride and were let off with a warning. At Bridger Bowl Montana I had a collision with a disabled skier and even though it was his fault I got the blame and a corner of my season pass punched. They had a three strikes and your out policy.

damn doug, i was just saying. they didnt check my pass at cb.

when do most patrollers bust u for goign down a closed trial at teh bottom

we got yelled at by a patroller for goign under the lift where there was a trial and had the best snow form the storm last weekend and he didn't find us

we couldn't resist the huge bumps and awsome quarterpipe like lips

All ski areas look at your ticket if you get in trouble to clip it, they wanted to see our pass or ticket and our season passes have our names on them. I got kicked out of Sugarbush back in 1999 for skiing a closed run but it was already like 2:30PM. The day that I got busted there was downloading and I had to finish the run I was busted on. Ridge the Heavens gate lift with 2 ski patrollers, then I skied down upper Jester as fast as I could to the top of the Sugar Bravo quad for downloading. The ski patrollers were pissed at my for not staying with them. At Camelback in 1996 my buddy Nate and I skied a closed run and were busted by the rangers and had to watch a safety video. At Camelback in 1998 a ranger stopped me for straight running marjies, he wanted to see me make some turns. Myself and a buddy at Stowe were busted for poaching Hayride and were let off with a warning. At Bridger Bowl Montana I had a collision with a disabled skier and even though it was his fault I got the blame and a corner of my season pass punched. They had a three strikes and your out policy.

Jeez Doug, you sure get in trouble a lot while skiing :lol: I hope you don't run from the cops if they try and pull you over :lol:

Urkel would never duck ropes to ski closed trails. You are such a rebel. Laura would have totally done you and not Steve. I still think you need to scan and post your "certificate of achievement" aka ticket, so we can all admire it. Doug is the Johnny Weir of Pocono Mt. skiing.

Who is Johnney Weir? Is he related to the Canadian golf sensation Mike Weir?

He is the "Bad Boy" of figure skating. I forgot that you are single. The should only know Johnny Weir for two reasons... #1. Your girl forces you to watch figure skating or #2. you are gay. Sorry.