Lift Lines (!!!Mark!!!)

DatKid

:help:idea I know with it being a busy weekend and all, loads of people come. I know i hate to stand in lift lines myself. I purpose that the quad run as normal but the double (A chair) run as an expert only chair! Having the double as an expert chair means you guys could turn the speed up. I know in past years you've done it. This would be very helpful for people who know how to get on and off a lift with out it being pack with newbies. The second thing is post the singles, doubles, ect. signs higher so more people can see it. Final is make the people who get in the wrong line for the quad take the walk of shame. I know some may say they didn't know but that should only work five or six times. Thanks Mark for your help and its nice to see that your out on the lifts, as Courtesy Patrol, and the list goes on. Your work is truly appreciated here at Bear Creek! :clap:thumb

Final is make the people who get in the wrong line for the quad take the walk of shame. I know some may say they didn't know but that should only work five or six times.

I don't think Jeff would like this if blue implemented it :rofl

Edited by skifreak

Good suggestions but we have a couple issues. A is already running very close to it's design max speed. B is running within 5% of the maximum rope speed. This weekend is the first time we have consistently had lift lines longer than 15 minutes so we have to reevaluate our lift capacity and adjust our long range planning. We may have to address lift capacity sooner than we anticipated.

I am glad people recognized me in my new career! I had fun running lifts this past week and it makes me appreciate lift attendants a whole lot more!

BC-Mark, are you the GM at Bear Creek? If so, make the quad a High speed, and start it closer to the bottom, near the lodge, cause it takes a long time to walk up the hill to get to the hill, and if you do that, correct me if I am wrong, make it a high speed detachable.

Ha, I saw you out there too Mark! Though the 3 seconds it takes from standing to carried-away-by-lift-chair didn't lend itself to much 'hello' time given how crazy it was on Saturday.

As for the faster lift plea... I think Mark addressed the inability to really put a high-speed quad in given the spacing requirements between chairs and the short line length to the top (since BC is a smaller mountain). Do they make upgrades for the drive system in these things? Always posed the question to friends 'if you had $1M and wanted a lift, who the heck to do call?' -- maybe you know as GM of a resort, perhaps these people have answers as to how to juice up the speed on that quad. Seems pokey, especially when it gets busy, and that isn't to note the frequent stops/slowdowns for kiddies, newbies, etc (which is to be expected).

Another idea to further the point made by skierboy08 is to make the A chair for the parks only. Perhaps a way to help implement potential park-pass initiatives -- you can check for passes right there at the lift. No pass, no lift, no lift, no park...

Nightrider, don't ya think that a quad is supposed to be high speed and detachable, with foot rests on the bar? They can prolly make it a high speed lift, if they move the runway of it back a few hundred feet, closer to the resort. Just a thought.

Nightrider, don't ya think that a quad is supposed to be high speed and detachable, with foot rests on the bar? They can prolly make it a high speed lift, if they move the runway of it back a few hundred feet, closer to the resort. Just a thought.

They would need to move the lift back about 1000 feet I think...Which would be into the parking lot, even then it might still be too short.

Not sure why there are no foot rests, but I never used them, so it doesn't bother me too much.

you cant just convert a quad into a high-speed detatchable quad. there isnt enough space to put in a high-speed quad there anyway because it needs to be a certain length to run proporly.... and Bear doesn't have the vert to do that where it is right now. mostl ikely if they were to add a new quad, it would have to be at a different location.

Well, atleast they should get foot rests to the bars, because a while back this season I was up at BC and one of my skis fell off :banghead . So embaressing.

i wouldnt blame not having footrests...

Good suggestions but we have a couple issues. A is already running very close to it's design max speed. B is running within 5% of the maximum rope speed. This weekend is the first time we have consistently had lift lines longer than 15 minutes so we have to reevaluate our lift capacity and adjust our long range planning. We may have to address lift capacity sooner than we anticipated.

maybe a 6 pack? or turn the A to a quod too. and the triple should be a 4person lift too.

I am glad people recognized me in my new career! I had fun running lifts this past week and it makes me appreciate lift attendants a whole lot more!

you mean a lot to most of the people hear. you turned bear creek around and we love what you did to the pace and it rocks! :band:rock :rock