riding in april?

bendzee

I know BC was planning to extend the season for as long as they could and just thought I'd drop a little bit of weather history that is on our side. . .

8 out of the 10 warmest Januarys on record (of which 06 was one of) have been followed by Februarys that were also above average (which this month also will be), but most importantly, had also been followed by a month of March that was well below average and colder than the month of January had been for that year. If BC wants to stay open til April, recent history has shown this to be a strong possibility, and cold temperatures in the relative short term support this. We deserve it after suffering through the most miserable 7 weeks of winter ever.

noaa 6-10 day outlook

noaa 8-14 day outlook

BC closed last year with snow on the slopes. I wish one Mt. had the balls to stay open with even a couple trails into mid April.

It would be nice. But in the long run is it worth it for them to stay open and possibly suffer financially down the road later?

The rumor is to go with absolute minimum staff with little service and sell lift tickets for as long as people will pay for them at BC. Keep your fingers crossed for cold weather!!

last year was similar to this year so far for 7springs at least. we had a horrid jan. followed by a not so great feb ( the first half at least). then late feb and march we got lots of cold weather with one real nice storm and a couple little snowfalls. then it just stayed cold through most of march allowing for some late season snowmaking.

we were open fully through the first weekend of april, then they only stayed open for daylight the following week and closed after the second weekend. april 9th or 10 was closing day i believe.

im just hoping we get the same type of late season weather again.

oh and there was still pleanty of snow at springs. they could have easily stayed open another full week with over 20 trails ( including both parks). its just that once april is here, people stop buying lift tickets. season pass holders are there but there just isnt enough cash flow for them to justify staying open.

i would love to be skiing for my birthday in april! im hoping it stayes cold.

We got some donations to make ;)

last year was similar to this year so far for 7springs at least. we had a horrid jan. followed by a not so great feb ( the first half at least). then late feb and march we got lots of cold weather with one real nice storm and a couple little snowfalls. then it just stayed cold through most of march allowing for some late season snowmaking.

we were open fully through the first weekend of april, then they only stayed open for daylight the following week and closed after the second weekend. april 9th or 10 was closing day i believe.

im just hoping we get the same type of late season weather again.

oh and there was still pleanty of snow at springs. they could have easily stayed open another full week with over 20 trails ( including both parks). its just that once april is here, people stop buying lift tickets. season pass holders are there but there just isnt enough cash flow for them to justify staying open.

hmmmmm gonna have to check 7S out this year

The rumor is to go with absolute minimum staff with little service and sell lift tickets for as long as people will pay for them at BC. Keep your fingers crossed for cold weather!!

After working at resorts out west, we had similar dilemna. The main problem there was lack of employees to keep the mountain functional. However, here it is more a question of is it financially beneficial to stay open and likely lose money. Or the most likely scenario is to close with snow on the mountain to maintain some profitability. I say they should allow us the option to hike to play and that would help weed out the need for staffing and only the die hards would likely show up. I'm in until the end!!!

im fine with beggeners. most people would even concider me a begener. but i know how to handle myself in the park to keep it safe for everyone. and if you have non park people on on/ skating around farily big hits its just to dangerous to use that nice soft snow to learn things.

for what its worth, 7springs closed last year with the pipe still built and rideable. granted they stopped cutting it and it was down to about 9-10ft through most of it, but it was still pleanty rideable if you wanted to hike down to it.

ill be sure to let people know if that happens again this season.

I'm not a non-park person. I enjoy riding park just as much or more than anyone else. If you don't want beginners there just go out and say it and don't just twist your words making it sound as if you don't.

i do want peopel their its an awsome idea. i just would like to see people that know park educet (sp? spell checker isn't picking it up.)

So your implying that just because I'm a beginner I don't know park etiquete and would drop in on everyone? I'd have you know that I know the rules and know how to act in a park. The only difference between me and everyone else is I'm not as good. I agree though that people who go should have park etiqute, but you need not stereotype people.

So your implying that just because I'm a beginner I don't know park etiquete and would drop in on everyone? I'd have you know that I know the rules and know how to act in a park. The only difference between me and everyone else is I'm not as good. I agree though that people who go should have park etiqute, but you need not stereotype people.

Whats your deal? Just let it go. He said its going to be a super park, and people who are beginners riders shouldnt mess up everyone else. Heres how i feel, if its going to be a super park, a beginner park riders shouldnt be there at all because they wouldnt make the landings and shit like that. I knwo it would be bad if beginner park riders couldnt do it, but thats the way it is.