best ski shops

beachiegirl2ski

i :wub: sports authority. if you hit them at the right time, their stuff is so cheap... ridiculously cheap. there's also the sports chalet on 309. it's kinda hidden, but they have some good stuff for reasonable prices. if i'm looking for a deal though, sports authority's where it's at... or online. i hate nestor's... they tried selling me a size 6 boot when i needed an 8... stupid stupid boy.... :nono

it completely depends on the boot. and people are usually in smaller boots than they think they need. 4 years ago i was in a 12 1/2... now i'm in an 11. and i thank the bootfitters at Nestor's for showing me the proper way boots should be fitted.

Edited by toast21602

well my shoe size is a tight 7 1/2... i could go down to a 7, which i might depending on the boots i get for next year, but i couldn't even fit my foot in the 6... and this was after they said they sold me the 8, which i didn't realize they'd given me a size 9 until i got home from the store... wow... this is confusing

Anybody know how Alpina ski shop on Rt 940, in Whitehaven, is for tuning equip.? I was thinking about taking my skis there to have them prepped for the summer. I assume it's about the same, anywhere.

Alot of the instructors at Blue say good things about Alpina. While I have no experience with them, I've heard mostly good. Sports Chalet is a great shop for outerwear and accessories like ski bags etc... Skidude, are you short? I'm short and I constantly feel like someone is breathing on my neck. It really bothers me. Nestors has been great to me in the past couple years. While I pay a little bit more to have my stuff done there, I like knowing that they will quickly correct any problems that may arise. Mistakes happen at every shop, and I've been given the short end of the stick on occasion, paying a few dollars extra so that it won't happen is fine by me.