17 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• killington
    • mount snow
    • okemo
    • stratton
    • sugarbush
    • other

im gonna say killington ..... i would have normally said okemo but last week i went to okemo and killy and okemo wasnt to good. the jumps were better and bigger at kil and the rails were set up nicer and just better lay outs and more to hit. okemo had some good features but they just werent as good as to the last time i was up. Freeriding goes to okemo tho.

yea it was voted higher than mount snow and okemo. i'd definately agree with it on jibs, jumps they both have it beat and pipe is a toss up. becuase snowboard culture is pretty jib oriented right now its rated higher than those becuase of hte jiblab. Stratton is better than creek though I think thats pretty certain.

i was with john when he was at killy earlier this year, and yeah, at that point, they didnt have a ton in the parks. wildfire, their biggest park, wasnt open. i am going up next week, like the 6th to the 12th or something, and will probably be hitting killington, okemo, and stratton. okemo's pipe is always immaculate, but killy's was pretty good earlier this season too. last year okemo's parks were ok, definately better than most around here, but not the best. mt snow's park last year was the best park i've ever ridden. everything flowed really well, and there was a ton of variety. and i am going to have to strongly disagree with transworld after yesterday, because creek's park sucked, bad.

cause i was in the comp, and one would assume that, for a comp, the park would be top notch.

Anyone ever take into consideration that its jersey? haha this is the east coast not lake tahoe where the snow is almost always perfect and soft. From what i was told from a lot of guys that were in the comp that it was awsome.

and on the best park opinions... im def gonna say stratton. they know how to run their parks. great setups, very nice jibs, (i happen to love creeks) and they have the vert and snow to make things happen in terms of variety. I didnt like killingtons jibs when i visited. but their jumps were amaizing. and i hear okemo has an amaizing park tho i havent been there myself.

i'm not gonna deny that creek's rails are immaculate in their construction, but the way they are set up, i just dont find to be that much fun when every rail is like that. i realize its the east coast, but out of everywhere i've ridden this year (blue, bear, shawnee, boulder, killington, and creek), mountain creek was my least favorite.

i'm not gonna deny that creek's rails are immaculate in their construction, but the way they are set up, i just dont find to be that much fun when every rail is like that. i realize its the east coast, but out of everywhere i've ridden this year (blue, bear, shawnee, boulder, killington, and creek), mountain creek was my least favorite.

what was it about their setup that you hated? haha i can use this info

I read elsewere, and justo said that he didnt like how every rail was street style. he said it was all the same setup. And then he and his buddy got burned for not liking streetstyle.

I see... just realize that Creeks marketing is aimed almost completely at park riding snowboarders. And right now the fad is street. I happen to love streetstyle, its adds such a level of dif. that really pushes you. at the same time I love to give the people the choice... if done correctly you can actually create a dual setup for features, making them street and regular at the same time... either by multipule take offs or gap placement. but the real key is to have 2 lines... reg and street of the same rails. thats my opinion, just give enough options.

yea man thats whats so damn good about Mountain Creek, everything is street style. I thought u meant you didn't like the lines or features. The fact that everythings not ride on is a good thing becuase if you learn to ride on you learn bad habits. I can't even do half my jibs on high ramps now becuase i'm so used to a hard ollie into it. Besides its the main park, during a comp, what do you expect. The rest of the mountain is ride on, like sugar jib, exhibition, and the mini park. Its just the main park thats street style or gaps. Realize every mountain creek comp is swamped with people so if its easy setups, everyone will enter. Its just another way to seperate the men from the boys.

and i don't buy that not built for skier crap. almost the whole park crew are skiers, watch their videos. None of the guys building rails and setting them up are riding snowboarders, all of this year and last year's videos they ski. The only streetstyle rails are down rails except one short flat and one long flat. If you can't get onto a streetstyle down rail on skis, you need to go faster.

once and for all, i didnt say that i couldnt do them. i could, and did, but i would have preferred some variety. the first down box once you get into the park, the one on the left, was set up street style and that was probably my favorite feature there. you dont need speed, you just need to pop. i was creeping into that thing and cleaning it no problem. it just gets old when every rail is set up like that. it also didnt help that i cased a jump hardcore the night before and couldnt even flex my boots my shins were busted up so bad.

in my opinion it wasnt the rails that sucked i liked those cause i was a snowboarder but the jumps two hips and one of the hips converted into a jump that shot u strait in the air, they could atleast have one normal jump it is mountain creek isnt it. On the trail next to it there was some big jumps we should have just had it over there, but u jersey kids would have not been happy without your rails

that trail on the left has nice jumps and it had 3 rails at one point in the year but they took them out and never replaced them after the thaw, I think they will come back though, they're supposed to put up the s rail, the battleship box, the up-flat rail, and probably 2 or 3 more on that trail on the left I'm not sure why its so empty, and the trail on the right is missing the usual jump and a rail, it sucks cuz they could defiantely have another 8-10 features in there, its just a lack of snow

the thing i love about mount snow is the super booters at the bottom of the park that everyone can see, those things are straight up huge. that and their pipe is always good, they rebuilt it a few weeks ago too instead of just cutting it over and over and it getting wider and wider

• 2 weeks later...

i go to school in upstate new york and ski mt snow and killington. although killy definitely stepped it up this year, mount snow is by far the best park ive ever ridden. el diablo and inferno are both kept in perfect condition and they have the best flow arround. a lot of my buddies went to stratton last weekend after hearing all the hype from mags, but said it was awful. the flow didnt work and the landings were all really short. one of the greatest things that mt snow has (that killy and stratton cant claim) is that they have a park-specific lift which keeps lines short. as for okemo, i dunno