2/25

AtomicSkier

Really nice day. Pulled in around 7:13, two cars behind Atomic Doug. I made some quick adjustments to his new 2006 Atomic LT:11s, we booted up, and we were out on the snow. Switch096 was already waiting in the ticket check line. We did all but one of our runs with him (he left when we were taking our last lift ride up). We also skied with my friend Tom. Really nice day, we did 17 runs on the quad, and 3 on the main street lift. 20k on a weekend is february is mad steezy. Doug was on his new Atomics, which he really seemed to like. We even got 5 runs on razors before the race team closed it, but we got a few on it afterwards, too.

Montage tomorrow!

oh btw, was that you stevo yelling atomic jeff? :banghead

Was it icy? Was the snow soft? I am heading later that I thought i was going to earlier, but thats only cause I went to two stores for new boots. I got a pair for $90 at The Sports Authority!!!!! :rock:rock:rock

Ski boots for $90? I hope they don't fall apart on the first run :banghead

It was slick, but nothing that a sharp pair of atomic's can't handle. It was the kind of ice that I love to arc fast turns down Razors, really makes you get your outside ski away from you. Most people would call it an "icy death" but Doug and I on our freshly tuned Atomics had no problem whatsoever.

I got to blue at around 6:45, alot faster then i expected, so i went to sleep in my car until around 7:15 when i geared up. I met up with doug and jeff in the ticket check line, and rode with them until 10:30 when i headed home. Conditions were Great, not to icy at all, i have very dull edges on my board and i was fine, tonight may be alittle worse, everything will be scraped off, and the winds are suppose to pick up, so I'd expect some ice tonight.

oh btw, was that you stevo yelling atomic jeff? :banghead

:yes sure was.

from Nastar and Garrett was doing his race program and I called him Jerry again and he called me Donald. Scenerio by a Tribe called Quest was also

Good song- on the ipod.

today was really nice. the crackerbarrel was sick... still havent cleaned it though.

Were you hiking it today, with a few other skiers (one was a girl)? If you were, i probably saw you.

Lift lines were bareable up until around 230, and then my friends and i just hiked lower park-lift lines blow. Lower park is sick, as is upper park. Snow wasn't bad-pretty much perfect, except for ice here and there. I got some footy-gotta go edit it now.

Edited by stevo

It wasn't to icy, I'd wait until the evening session for less crowds. Ouch good luck with the new boots, I hate breaking in boots and odds are my current boots will be pretty dead by the end of the season since it's my 3rd season of them. Dress warm, tonight is going to be chilly. I'm also an Atomic Skier... :rock

We all have to call ourselves new names, like AtomicSkier I; AtomicSkierII; AtomicSkier III :rofl . The boots I got were Nordica, very comfortable and nice. :rock

Its a good thing they have that lollipop there that says "Caution Obstacle, Rail" because I would never have seen the rail without that sign, it was really helpful.

:lol

They have those in front of every feature. And you'd be surprised, just the other day Doug and I were going through the park, and all of a sudden i hear from behind "WHOA!!!!".....in sunlight Doug didn't even see the roller in front of him and almost whipped out, even WITH the orange lolipop there....

i'll wait to hit that thing til they get a real lip on it. and about those stupid caution poles; i make a point of ripping them out of the ground when they are even remotely in the way. if you need a sign to realize there's a feature somewhere, then please, do us all a favor, and get out of the park.