Some Snow Can Still Be Found In Ny

Ski

At $15 on Friday, that looks like a good deal. At full price $33, I don't know. Is Hunter still charging full price? I'd think that if I'd travel that far, Hunter would be a better deal, unless maybe too crowded, but hey, a big part of the experience this time of year is hanging out, not just the skiing.

I didn't have any place to carry a camera, just a T-shirt and powder pants. We were making first tracks down freshly groomed diamonds and it was a blast until it got up over 70 degrees. Some pretty epic Eastern spring skiing. Amazing to watch 'Dude busting it on Ebay used rental 150's.

picofday2.jpg

Edited by ski999

The groomed slopes were nice from opening until about 10:30. Frozen, then a layer of corn that you could carve. The temps soared and it was still okay until you hit the big patched of slush and you had to skim through some spots near the lifts. It was amazing how much snow they had. Edge to edge on most slopes and the terrain park looked mid-winter. Pretty cool watching a guy land a 720 on skis off of a big-ass kicker. We had planned on a last run, but found a diamond that was steep and smooth and decided to do another lap down it.

Odd though that it was 70-something and someone had started the big fireplaces in the lodge.

I can remember often playing on the snow in spring when the temps were 60's, 70's, even the 80's once. And this was locally, in the Catskills and New England. I don't know if the climate is changing that radically or not. Maybe it's more of a trend that all the ski areas just don't stay open as long as they used to.

Some pretty epic Eastern spring skiing. Amazing to watch 'Dude busting it on Ebay used rental 150's.

It was pretty sweet watching you do the bumps in your 190s...Skis on 2 different bumps and you in the middle. :banghead

Anyway it was a good day until it got really warm and all slushy. Pretty good coverage...Better than Hunta 2 weeks ago :rock

Nothing turns you into a spaz faster than long race skis in moguls. And lemme tell ya 'Dude, you're mom is sooo much cooler than mine. There just aren't that many moms I know of that when you ask them if they want to do 'that black diamond bump run, with rocks down the side' and they answer, "Yeah, sure, why not?"