Blue getting better next season?

ColoradoHigh

A 6-Pack will increase skier traffic on that part of the mountain by +66%! Even with ONE new trail, it will be like skiing on the Schuylkill Express Way during rush hour on busy days. :no They'll have to keep a Medivac helicopter parked permanently on the pad with one hovering to take care of all the collisions. Make sure you wear your helmet and full body armor on busy days. :banghead

Another HSQ would be better. Plus if you think boarders don't like riding a full quad, wait till they try to load&unload six novice boarders on a 6-Pack. And that's the lift the boarders will take because it's closer to the park. That will be stopped more than it is running on busy days. :banghead

It won't affect me because I don't ski there on weekends or holidays. :D And they will only run the HSQ OR the 6-Pack during weekdays because the demand is not there for both. What a waste of money that could be better spent on A LOT better on more needed improvements. :confused

The lodge is a good idea. It will give better access to beginners to use the beginner triple area instead of going to the upper lodge and then falling all over Burma Road and stopping the two chairs by Main Street.

FYI: High Speed lifts provide no more capacity than fixed grip lifts when they are operating at capacity on busy days. They both have the same uphill capacity/hour. They are great when there is no lift line because you can do some quick laps. But when there is no lift line they won't be running both lifts anyway.

My take on the 6-Pack is that it is 100% a marketing thing. They don't need it. They just want to be able to say that they have the most vertical (yeah, they also have the most flat runout! :lol: )and a 6-Pack! I can hear the commercials on the radio already. "Ski Blue Mt.!.....the most vertical and THE ONLY 6-PACK IN EASTERN PA!

What it should say is, "The most CROWDED slopes in eastern PA!...You thought Camelback was bad on weekends! You haven't seen ANYTHING yet! :lol:

No need to worry, with 66% more skiers on the trails, it definitely will get tracked out much quicker!

66% more skiers on the trails?

I really liked that about big boulder. And even the smaller park (that was out of control concidering what I'm used to) had a sign that limited beginner lift tickets in that park. You were at boulder saturday steveo? I was too, there were only 10 people there so i probobly saw you.

Yeah ,i was there from like before 2, until 5. If you saw someone busting their ass front 270ing the first down rail in Big boulder, with a flourescent green base, that was me. :rolleyes:

edit: whoohoo 500th post!

Edited by stevo

Do you think they thought of all of this and are planning more trail expansion in the next few years? Its definately huge overkilll now, but if they cut a few more trails it would be justifiable.

I got there around 2 too steveo. I liked the jumps and a few of the rails in big boulder, but in general it was a little big for me (i'm still new to the freestyle scene). I loved the other park and was killing all the rails there all day. I had a red t-shirt on and a neon orange base if you saw me at all.

Your math is clearly flawed....there will be 66% more skiers sitting at the top, but that does not equate to 66% more skiers on the trails, obviously, as the 6 pack won't increase blue's uphill capacity 66%...

If there are 66% more at the top, where are they going to go? They can't ride the lifts back down.

You can't get to that side of the mountain from the 2 doubles by Main Street. You now have 6 seats going to the top on that side. After the 6-pack you will have ten seats. That's 4 more at full capacity.

How are you figuring?

A 6-Pack will increase skier traffic on that part of the mountain by +66%!

No need to worry, with 66% more skiers on the trails, it definitely will get tracked out much quicker!

where do you get 66%? are you including the quad? by per chair seating capacity, it would be an increase of 200%. even then, actual percentage would be even greater because it is detachable. the real amount is really unpredictable so theres no need to throw concocted numbers out there.

Edited by skitzo

Do you think they thought of all of this and are planning more trail expansion in the next few years? Its definately huge overkilll now, but if they cut a few more trails it would be justifiable.

I got there around 2 too steveo. I liked the jumps and a few of the rails in big boulder, but in general it was a little big for me (i'm still new to the freestyle scene). I loved the other park and was killing all the rails there all day. I had a red t-shirt on and a neon orange base if you saw me at all.

yes they are planning to cut more trails in the next few years but where the 6pack will be i dont think you would be able to get to them because the new trails i heard of are going to be on the other side of paradise.. so who knows.. and they are planning on keeping the challange chair in storage for when they expand and they will put it on the other side of the quad.. at least thats what joel has told me.. so i really dont know if they are sure about anything yet..

:rock

where do you get 66%? are you including the quad? by per chair seating capacity, it would be an increase of 200%. even then, actual percentage would be even greater because it is detachable. the real amount is really unpredictable so theres no need to throw concocted numbers out there.

Right now there is the Quad and the Challenge Chair. That's 6 seats on that side of the mountain.

They are replacing the Challenge Chair with the 6-pack. That plus the Quad is a total of 10 seats vs. the current 6.

10/6 = 166% of what is there now.

A detachable lift has the same uphill capacity as a fixed-grip lift per seat. The detach runs at 800fpm, the fixed-grip at 400fpm but there are twice as many chairs. They each load and unload every 6 sec.

yes they are planning to cut more trails in the next few years but where the 6pack will be i dont think you would be able to get to them because the new trails i heard of are going to be on the other side of paradise.. so who knows.. and they are planning on keeping the challange chair in storage for when they expand and they will put it on the other side of the quad.. at least thats what joel has told me.. so i really dont know if they are sure about anything yet..

:rock

welcome back mike hows the ankle?

i have to talk to joel thrusday when i pick up my check so ill find out more.im sure they are going to have to cut some of the trees out so they can fit the 6 pack in. i also hope they move the terrain park over to the other side of paradise and make it a RUN WITH NO TURNS