ideas for camelback(winter)-cross posted from CB forums

4 more wars

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lights...They are in 4 sections I believe. East side, west side, middle, and base area.

I am assuming the groomers each have an area they are responsable for, so it wouldn;t make sence to turn them on and off when a groomer was on that section of the mountain. Groomers have headlamps on them, but its going to work a lot better if they can see all around them, and be much safer for the groomers.

Out of everything they do, that really doesn't bother me. I like being able to look at the mountain and see what it looks like at 3am :)

I guess a few things I would suggest are:

*Better lighting. Its great, but some areas could use a bit more. Keep the style of lights, they work very well.

*More cometitions. Whether it be park, racing, bumps

*More demo days/promo days...Always a fun time.

*Keep rocket as the bump run

*A seperate race arena cut inbetween big pocono and Margies. Set up full time with Fences, GOOD lighting, and just used for racing.

*Discounts on food to pass holders

Currently the mountain has said we cannot leave B netting (safety fencing thats required for some races and training) up in the snow. Which is the main reason we cannot train on trails like cliffhanger, which would require a lot of fencing to safely run training.

So if thats still the case, then I would say leave it closed when theres no racing or training on it.

So if thats still the case, then I would say leave it closed when theres no racing or training on it.

All of the trails that would be good for racing all happen to be amongst the most popular and heavily traveled, which is why you don't get to close them... and I can't say I disagree with everyone being able to ski/ride everywhere...

I was some sort of snowboard program at CB. I definately wanna take a crack at BoarderX!!! and if they has a Xtraining track, I'd also race that on ski's. THAT would be hardcore!

So, uh, Rob, WTF does skiing switch have to do with cranking down your bindings to ski moguls? That 'owned' was like a kid at our bus stop that shoots people with his finger...he really doesn't shoot anybody.

I took a crack at ski racers being unable to comprehend the term "switch"

jokes dude, jokes.

All of the trails that would be good for racing all happen to be amongst the most popular and heavily traveled, which is why you don't get to close them... and I can't say I disagree with everyone being able to ski/ride everywhere...

I was some sort of snowboard program at CB. I definately wanna take a crack at BoarderX!!! and if they has a Xtraining track, I'd also race that on ski's. THAT would be hardcore!

Actully, the mountain has given us permision to close down Hump, Dromidary either half of big pocono, and 1/2 of raceway for training.

To try and keep all the skierforevers happy, we close down hump early monring, and try to have it open by 10 or 1030. It makes for a pretty good GS training hill.

Big Poc makes for a fun SL trainig hill, and the SL can be set without a closed trail because your not going as fast.

A skier/boarder cross would be pretty cool. The other half of Big pocono?

I took a crack at ski racers being unable to comprehend the term "switch"

jokes dude, jokes.

Uhh heads up, I am pretty sure that back in the day '999 skied bumps cometitively, and is aware of what switch is, and can still probably throw down tricks better than most people on this board. Watch how much you bash the prissy old lady douchebag before you know what he can bust out :o:rofl

A skier/boarder cross would be pretty cool. The other half of Big pocono?

Uhh heads up, I am pretty sure that back in the day '999 skied bumps cometitively, and is aware of what switch is, and can still probably throw down tricks better than most people on this board. Watch how much you bash the prissy old lady douchebag before you know what he can bust out :o:rofl

I don't care what track we use for BoarderX, it'd be cool anywhere... hell, nile would work for me :D

and I bash people so that they can prove me wrong. keep in mind, I don't take things at face... I'd love to take some bumps with anyone around.

I bash people so that they can prove me wrong. keep in mind, I don't take things at face... I'd love to take some bumps with anyone around.

Ha, I don't try to prove anything to anyone. Go spend ONE run chasing behind 'Dude and you'll quietly settle into your place with your tail tucked between your Roman Greco legs. That's one of the coolest things about racing...everything is settled. No judges. No need for smack talk. Maybe if you raced a GS down a black diamond up north you'd have some respect for racing. Maybe not. Doesn't really matter. But if you ever wanted to race with us, I'd suggest leaving the WWF attitude in your car. Then you'd be warmly welcomed.

Ha, I don't try to prove anything to anyone. Go spend ONE run chasing behind 'Dude and you'll quietly settle into your place with your tail tucked between your Roman Greco legs. That's one of the coolest things about racing...everything is settled. No judges. No need for smack talk. Maybe if you raced a GS down a black diamond up north you'd have some respect for racing. Maybe not. Doesn't really matter. But if you ever wanted to race with us, I'd suggest leaving the WWF attitude in your car. Then you'd be warmly welcomed.

I'll gladly race anyone here... do I get to pick the place? It'll be No Fall Territory, and definately won't be groomed by anything other than wind and rain... and there won't be gates.

See, thats why I don't have as much respect for racing as I do freestyle... "oh, it's icy... oh the conditions are bad... blah blah"

Have fun on your groomed runs, bud.

I'll gladly race anyone here... do I get to pick the place? It'll be No Fall Territory, and definately won't be groomed by anything other than wind and rain... and there won't be gates.

See, thats why I don't have as much respect for racing as I do freestyle... "oh, it's icy... oh the conditions are bad... blah blah"

Have fun on your groomed runs, bud.

You sure got my weenie number. I'm a real corduroy sort of sissy boy. I like a ski area with lots of gentle greens and blues...One question, though: have you ever done the BMMC? I think I recall you mentioned Outer Limits, so I'm curious if you've ever RACED down it and, if so, how you placed?

You sure got my weenie number. I'm a real corduroy sort of sissy boy. I like a ski area with lots of gentle greens and blues...One question, though: have you ever done the BMMC? I think I recall you mentioned Outer Limits, so I'm curious if you've ever RACED down it and, if so, how you placed?

I haven't raced on Moguls at Outer Limits. However, I would be glad to give it a shot. My legs aren't even feeling it at the bottom. I'm not one of those people who needs a way out, either.