Snow in summer

Rideburton

Some resort in NH bought a gaint snow cone maker for summer snow... it cost around a million. They were supposed to use for summer skiing, early winter opening, etc. But, I haven't heard much about it lately...

Are you talking about Tenney? From what I heard they had bought technology that made it possible to actually make snow (not shave it) in high-temp situations. I was suspicious when I heard about it, and let down when I saw the results. As far as I can remember, they turned the guns on once to hold a mid-summer railjam and it looked no better than an ice shaver. They had claims that they were going to be one of the only year-round resorts. I guess they were true, provided that "year round" meant December to March with a mudpatch in the middle of July.

yeah, tenneys thing was a total bust. i exchanged a few emails with one of the managers there about it (cause my friends and i were gonna roadtrip up if they had another summer day) and apparently rather than use the system themselves, they rent it out to other places such as atlantic city, for some reason or another. so i guess it works, but its just not cost effective for them to use

Has anyone ever tried to make snow in the summer. Like crushing ice or anything. I was gonna try to do something like that with my friends so yeah...

You've got to be care full with Ice Rink snow. I read a study on th amount of bacteria in that stuff and it is pretty damn nasty.

Are you talking about Tenney? From what I heard they had bought technology that made it possible to actually make snow (not shave it) in high-temp situations. I was suspicious when I heard about it, and let down when I saw the results. As far as I can remember, they turned the guns on once to hold a mid-summer railjam and it looked no better than an ice shaver. They had claims that they were going to be one of the only year-round resorts. I guess they were true, provided that "year round" meant December to March with a mudpatch in the middle of July.

That was it. I was in the area when they opened, and can confirm your impressions of it being like a giant snow cone. Well, nice try. The theory was that it could make snow at 90 degrees. Unfortunatley, they just couldn't keep it from melting at that temp... maybe as technology improves - heat extractors running under the surface of a run, etc.

You've got to be care full with Ice Rink snow. I read a study on th amount of bacteria in that stuff and it is pretty damn nasty.

There's a ton of bacteria in a ton of places people don't know about. It's interesting if you look that stuff up.

So to get the "ice rink snow" you just like pull up to an ice rink and are like, heyyy pal were taking your snow, and start shoveling? I've got like two rinks that are near me, but their like 25 min away. Think it will melt in that time?

There's a ton of bacteria in a ton of places people don't know about. It's interesting if you look that stuff up.

So to get the "ice rink snow" you just like pull up to an ice rink and are like, heyyy pal were taking your snow, and start shoveling? I've got like two rinks that are near me, but their like 25 min away. Think it will melt in that time?

there is also a ton of bateria that live on and in your body. people hear the word bacteria and they think they are going to die. its kinda like people when they hear the word "radiation" they think its a terrible thing. but then they go and put the chicken in the microwave to cook... clueless people.

Edited by toast21602