MAY RAIL JAM

Gurp

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya gurp, want me to drop off the purple bikini for ya tomorrow? The judges could give you bonus style points.. :wiggle

:lol:lol:lol:lol You owe me a new montier for that one. the NASTAR people didn't help him when he did it so why will these judges?

Can we get a roll call of whose going to be at the Big Boulder Jam tomorrow...I have nothing up tomorrow and I think I'm going to at least try to check it out and have my skis in my car just in case. Do you think there'll also be snow on the sides of the boxes and rails for people who don't make the entire feature? There could be some spectacular crashes on bare ground. It would be cool if there was enough snow for a small kicker to be built for mad steezy air....rock

I'll be there in some form.

It was awesome! Best way to end my season. There were two boxes up top, and then 2 rails at the bottom. The snow was perfect- not slow at all. I had a blast. On my first run, i screwed up a 270 on the box (underrotated to 180), tried to 180 out but fell. Then, i think i just b/sed the rail- i honestly don't remember :rock . For run one, i got 17/30 points- not a great run by any means. For my second run, i have no clue what i got- too lazy to check :lol . it was all around fun- people set up a few small jumps and were flipping them and whatnot. I didn't advance to finals- but who cares- this was a freaking awesome day!

I was there. I was surprised at how much snow was left. A little longer than a football field and decent width. The snow was also fairly deep, considering the temps. They kept making announcements about improvements for next year...supposedly over $5 millon for JF and BB for snowmaking, etc, during this off season. They are hoping to open for Thanksgiving and plan on having the rail jam again, the first week of May :rock .

Edited by bigdaddyk

i was rocking out in the practice but bombed the comp, i think i got last in the comp. I landed a few switch 270s on the last rail. all around good day. Madd fun. i got am armada hoodie from the raffle

i was rocking out in the practice but bombed the comp, i think i got last in the comp. I landed a few switch 270s on the last rail. all around good day. Madd fun. i got am armada hoodie from the raffle

Idk what i won in the raffle. i gave my ticket to a friend, who gave it to another friend, to see if i won anything, cuz i had to leave early.

Well, the practice was jsut awesome. Everyone was just hiking and hitting everything. The comp was so long, and i think it should have just been like practice all day. I didnt do very well because every time i landed i fell, because the landings were very slushy. But i was happy with what i did. I almost landed a 270 on the box and almost landed the 270 off the rail. But it was such a fun day, i could give a shit about the comp part. But what made me mad was the one kid who made it to finals for the Groms, didnt deserve it. His jam runs were terrible, while he was trying 270s off and trying switchups, he fell at least one hit per run. But i heard hes the mountain managers kid. One more thing, i wish i brought sunscreen. I got a bad burn on my neck face and a small one on my arms.